User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly. There's still two months ahead to fill those arenas and no matter how much people want this tour to fail; those seats will be filled once the tour starts.

I also want this tour to fail but let's face it, we're talking about FM, and casual fans still don't know Lindsey was fired. Besides, I don't think Lindsey's potential return to the band is linked to this tour's potential failure.
You may be right but I wonder given the high prices if people are not willing to pay those prices for a new lineup of FM. If people were really interested wouldn't they have bought tickets by now?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
You may be right but I wonder given the high prices if people are not willing to pay those prices for a new lineup of FM. If people were really interested wouldn't they have bought tickets by now?
It's funny, I'm a huge Christine fan and I have no desire to pay money to see them again. The BuckVie show spoiled me. I see why Lindsey fans don't want the Fmac tour as much as the solo tour. You get a better product for a better price.

I've seen all 3 singers do solo shows and I have to say Christine' 1984 was my fav. Out of the Cradle tour was a close 2nd.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
...I see why Lindsey fans don't want the Fmac tour as much as the solo tour. You get a better product for a better price.
I agree, much better. This firing is a blessing in disguise.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It's funny, I'm a huge Christine fan and I have no desire to pay money to see them again. The BuckVie show spoiled me. I see why Lindsey fans don't want the Fmac tour as much as the solo tour. You get a better product for a better price.

I've seen all 3 singers do solo shows and I have to say Christine' 1984 was my fav. Out of the Cradle tour was a close 2nd.
I agree with you 100% and I almost feel guilty about it. The Buck/McVie show was so good. I was in the 7th row. It was a dream come true to see them up close. I just wish Chris would have played some solo stuff.
With this upcoming tour, I also have no desire to see them. I tell myself this is probably the last time ever to see Christine live but I still wont go.
I want a Mac show 100%. To think the set list is going to included Stand Back, a Petty tune, and a Crowded House tune, plus 2 "new" songs that no one will ever hear again. They will throw in the Mac staples, Dreams, Chain, Rhiannon, blah blah blah
I just see no reason to see this tour.
Now if Chris surprised everyone and does Why (which will never happen), things could change.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am interested in seeing them and have not purchased my tickets yet. The shows in my area are still months away and I don't want to tie up the money that far in advance. Also, I am holding out hope that there may be some additional dates added that are a bit closer to me that don't involve as much travel. I'll grab something as things get much closer. If all the good seats are gone I suppose I can always go the StubHub route.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 07-31-2018 at 01:52 PM..
Old 07-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My feelings exactly. It's not that I didn't pay attention to FM during the years Chris was gone, I just didn't care enough to pay arena prices to see the band without my favorite member. That changed when she returned; I anted up for a full band show and then for BuckVie last year. BuckVie was a great show; so much fun to see the two of them interacting like that on stage. (The pointing and gesturing during "Go Your Own Way" was laugh-out-loud funny.) But now I can't bring myself to support this band, even if it's my last chance to see Christine in concert.

Quote:
Besides Chris in '84, the only other solo FM shows I've seen over the years have been Bob Welch and Peter Green. Great shows, but Chris in '84 was the best. At this point I am anxiously awaiting my first opportunity to see a solo Lindsey show.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am interested in seeing them and have not purchased my tickets yet. The shows in my area are still months away and I don't want to tie up the money that far in advance. Also, I am holding out hope that there may be some additional dates added that are a bit closer to me that don't involve as much travel. I"ll grab something as things get much closer. If all the good seats are gone I suppose I can always go the StubHub route.
I would wait, too. I think prices will go down.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree with you 100% and I almost feel guilty about it. The Buck/McVie show was so good. I was in the 7th row. It was a dream come true to see them up close. I just wish Chris would have played some solo stuff.
With this upcoming tour, I also have no desire to see them. I tell myself this is probably the last time ever to see Christine live but I still wont go.
I want a Mac show 100%. To think the set list is going to included Stand Back, a Petty tune, and a Crowded House tune, plus 2 "new" songs that no one will ever hear again. They will throw in the Mac staples, Dreams, Chain, Rhiannon, blah blah blah
I just see no reason to see this tour.
Now if Chris surprised everyone and does Why (which will never happen), things could change.
Christine will do her normal stuff. Maybe break out Skies The Limit or something that suits the new band w/o Lindsey. As Long As You Follow would be nice.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Christine will do her normal stuff. Maybe break out Skies The Limit or something that suits the new band w/o Lindsey. As Long As You Follow would be nice.
What are you smoking?
I will eat my shoe live on Facebook if anything from the BTM era is played

With 2 Stevie songs (solo and Petty)
1 crowded house song
2 new songs
2 classic Mac songs (pre Stevie) for the new guys to do

That's 7 songs!!! That's 1/3 of the set list which leaves no room other than Dreams, Chain, Little Lies, Rhiannon, Landslide, Don't Stop, YMLF

Maybe the "Rumours" will be true and Journey will open the show and they can do a joint medley of Don't Stop Believing and Don't Stop
Old 07-31-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are you smoking?

1 crowded house song
2 new songs

That's 7 songs!!! That's 1/3 of the set list which leaves no room other than Dreams, Chain, Little Lies, Rhiannon, Landslide, Don't Stop, YMLF

Maybe the "Rumours" will be true and Journey will open the show and they can do a joint medley of Don't Stop Believing and Don't Stop
I agree. This is going to become the $tevie Nick$ show for a couple reasons.
1)The old goat got Lindsey kicked out of the band.
2) Christine is starting to lose it. Barely playing keyboards now, and her voice is fading. So I don't see her taking any chances on more obscure songs. I(unfortunately) doubt she'll play a larger role than she previously did, mainly due to the above reasons.

So WTF will Neil sing besides GYOW, DDIO, and a couple PG era songs?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU $TEVIE NICK$ FLEETWOOD MAC FAJITA ROUNDUP!!!!
Old 07-31-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. This is going to become the $tevie Nick$ show for a couple reasons.
1)The old goat got Lindsey kicked out of the band.
2) Christine is starting to lose it. Barely playing keyboards now, and her voice is fading. So I don't see her taking any chances on more obscure songs. I(unfortunately) doubt she'll play a larger role than she previously did, mainly due to the above reasons.

So WTF will Neil sing besides GYOW, DDIO, and a couple PG era songs?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU $TEVIE NICK$ FLEETWOOD MAC FAJITA ROUNDUP!!!!
Both of you stop taking away my dreams. I'm barfing now...

Christine will have at least one rare song.

Do you have any Dream$ You'd like to $ell?
Old 07-31-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both of you stop taking away my dreams. I'm barfing now...

Christine will have at least one rare song.
Don't Dream It's Over.

I hope you're right. Why should be the obvious choice.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I second this, As Long as You Follow would be lovely.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are you smoking?

1 crowded house song
2 new songs

Was there ever any credence to this Journey thing? I thought all it was, was someone posting a YouTube video of a random guy speculating that he thought it would be a good tour pairing? Was there supposed to have been more to it than that?
Old 07-31-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I second this, As Long as You Follow would be lovely.
Mike likes those kind of straight forward guitar riffs. I would love to hear this song.