Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Oh well

Nice try, Stevie and Mick.

Looks like you won't be needing the sound of crickets to be pre-recorded this time.
Attached Images
File Type: png dontdreamitsover.png (88.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't think anyone was asking you to believe that.
And that was probably the least important part of my post. Or the one I couldn’t care less about. You brought out the “complexities of the heart”, not me. IMO she has been trashing him for the past 20 years. Until she finally got what she wanted. End of the story.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Whilst she may have said she stayed with LB longer than she wished due to their musical connection, it's not fair to assume she never loved him at all. There's clear evidence and other interviews she has given that supports this.

I don't think she loves him now and that is certainly not the reason I think she went out and fired him...more likely jealousy, resentment, grief over TP, selfishness, narcissism to name a few
What clear evidence?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How could Richard misspell Lindsey’s name?
Old 07-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nancy - One correction to what I wrote. My intention was to write Louisville, not Tulsa. Had Tulsa Time on my mind....Overall premise remains unchanged. Ticket sales are below expectations for many cities regardless of date or region. There are exceptions, such as Chicago, New Orleans, etc. However, generally this is trending to not be a disaster, all the guarantees will be met, no one will lose big, but there will be no incentive to add 2nd dates, or 2nd or 3rd routings / legs like On With the show or Say You Will.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to briefly bring Christine into this discussion.

Although I'm disappointed in her staying with Mick and Fleetsham Mac, I understand why she made the choice. Mick and John have been part of her life since she was in her early 20s. Mick, for all his shortcomings, remained her friend during her retirement, and was the one who helped her get on board that first airplane flight when she came out of retirement. This is the band in which she belongs. I am sure she is not happy that Lindsey, her creative partner and friend, is gone. But she is probably thinking the same that many on this board have expressed: that she is not getting any younger, and if she wants one last crack at the mega-touring experience, this is it.

All that being said, what I want out of this debacle is for Christine and Lindsey to work together again after the Sham tour is over. I am hoping for a BuckVie II, in other words. I honestly do not want a reunion of the five fireflies. When Stevie got Lindsey fired, she burned that bridge down to the ground.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'd like to briefly bring Christine into this discussion.

Although I'm disappointed in her staying with Mick and Fleetsham Mac, I understand why she made the choice. Mick and John have been part of her life since she was in her early 20s. Mick, for all his shortcomings, remained her friend during her retirement, and was the one who helped her get on board that first airplane flight when she came out of retirement. This is the band in which she belongs. I am sure she is not happy that Lindsey, her creative partner and friend, is gone. But she is probably thinking the same that many on this board have expressed: that she is not getting any younger, and if she wants one last crack at the mega-touring experience, this is it.

All that being said, what I want out of this debacle is for Christine and Lindsey to work together again after the Sham tour is over. I am hoping for a BuckVie II, in other words. I honestly do not want a reunion of the five fireflies. When Stevie got Lindsey fired, she burned that bridge down to the ground.
Well said. I harbor no ill will towards Christine. I would love to see BuckVie II. For that matter, I would love to see Lindsey form his own band. Not just a solo thing with session musicians, but a real live band. He's got enough years left in him to be a relevant creative force. The others have been relegated to elevator music with their new incarnation.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Nancy - One correction to what I wrote. My intention was to write Louisville, not Tulsa. Had Tulsa Time on my mind....Overall premise remains unchanged. Ticket sales are below expectations for many cities regardless of date or region. There are exceptions, such as Chicago, New Orleans, etc. However, generally this is trending to not be a disaster, all the guarantees will be met, no one will lose big, but there will be no incentive to add 2nd dates, or 2nd or 3rd routings / legs like On With the show or Say You Will.
Louisville... wow. Yikes. There are far more like that than the few exceptions, and I appreciate your expertise.

While I'm unsurprised they're not facing disaster - there are still many people who want to hear Fleetwood Mac no matter what - I must admit I take satisfaction from their underperformance. Serves them right, I say.

I hope Stevie feels embarrassment about this (I doubt she cares too much about the money, as she has plenty, and a shorter tour just means she can dance around her apartment sooner). She doesn't like playing to smaller crowds - hence all these joint tours she does so she can still play arenas. This will still be a large crowd, but she will see a lot of empty seats at a lot of shows. She won't like that.

Plus, I really do feel like Stevie might find she misses the drama onstage she had with Lindsey. I can't imagine it will be nearly as much fun to perform with someone she barely knows (Finn) and she can't sing to Mike Campbell as if he were a former lover. That would look ridiculous. No more "on stage, we are in love again" moments. No "Without You" reminiscing. It's just going to feel like a solo show with some guests for her (three guests from FM, one guest from Crowded House, one guest from the Heartbreakers). It will not feel like anything special. Thus, I hope if they do another tour, she will give in and allow Mick to call Lindsey.

Again, I realize my chances are slim.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
On the question of whether some sort of reunion/resolution between LB and FM/SN should be something that eventually happens--my answer would be: whatever they (particularly Lindsey) can live with. If circumstances conspire and he deigns to reconnect with them again because that would ultimately be easier for him to live with than carrying around a grudge, then good for him.
Forgiveness is healing; grudges are the biggest burden to the one that carries them. It would be freeing for Lindsey to let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Looks like you won't be needing the sound of crickets to be pre-recorded this time.
Ooh, now that's a BURN, my friend!

Nice picture, lol.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-02-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am really wondering how she will cope with the "mentionitis" She can't help herself. It will happen and it will probably be awkward. I hope it's captured somewhere so we can all enjoy it!
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't check Tulsa OK. Its not a hot bed major city. I checked Miami and Pittsburgh. Both arenas are about 3/4 sold. Even these screen shots are pretty decent for rural areas like Tulsa. The tour and major promotion is still months away. The arenas will be packed no doubt.
I remember Stevie's 24 k tour and the arenas were half sold 2 months before the show. The date of the concert it was sold out. I know many of us are rooting against the tour (like me) but facts are facts.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I am really wondering how she will cope with the "mentionitis" She can't help herself. It will happen and it will probably be awkward. I hope it's captured somewhere so we can all enjoy it!
I think she'll be trying very, very hard not to bring him up. It'll be interesting to see when she breaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't check Tulsa OK. Its not a hot bed major city. I checked Miami and Pittsburgh. Both arenas are about 3/4 sold. Even these screen shots are pretty decent for rural areas like Tulsa. The tour and major promotion is still months away. The arenas will be packed no doubt.
I remember Stevie's 24 k tour and the arenas were half sold 2 months before the show. The date of the concert it was sold out. I know many of us are rooting against the tour (like me) but facts are facts.
I guess we'll all see whose prediction is right soon enough.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think she'll be trying very, very hard not to bring him up. It'll be interesting to see when she breaks!

I guess we'll all see whose prediction is right soon enough.
3+ Months in, and it still shocks me (yes I know this band is about "transforming" and "Rebirth", but give me a break!) this is what this band has come to.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
What clear evidence?
Well I guess the evidence is how friends and family describe their love and relationship in the early days and what they have both themselves said in interviews. I'm as gutted as you at her sickening behaviour in getting him fired, but it's a bit extreme and unfair to say she never loved him. She certainly doesn't now but did in the early 70s.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Well I guess the evidence is how friends and family describe their love and relationship in the early days and what they have both themselves said in interviews. I'm as gutted as you at her sickening behaviour in getting him fired, but it's a bit extreme and unfair to say she never loved him. She certainly doesn't now but did in the early 70s.
Apparently button lip's "evidence" is an interview where she says something about choosing to be unhappy or whatever, but that discounts the gazillion interviews where she talks about loving him!

I took a look at inherownwords.com and found these:

"We tangle a lot, but we love each other ~ we'll always love each other. He and I will never get away from the fact that we were as one for so many years."

~Stevie Nicks, Mademoiselle, August 1982

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I embroidered stars and moons on them, I adored him, I took care of him."

~Stevie Nicks, MTV 1515, 1998

"You know, when Lindsey and I go back and forth on the songs that were written between the two of us, for that moment, we are back in love again."

~Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, August 22, 1997

So, if you're going to swear by her words in one interview, you can't ignore her words in other interviews.... by the way, buttonlip, could you post the exact quote in context? Stevie often talks about how tumultuous their relationship was, and that there were often periods of unhappiness while she was with him. I'm wondering if the quote refers to that more than a declaration that she never felt an iota of love for Lindsey.

Of course, Stevie may have completely destroyed their relationship now, but that doesn't mean it never existed.