The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What do Mick and Lindsey say when they are asked about the setlist and song choices?

I'd love to hear the excuses. I Know I'm Not Wrong is by no means a staple...it should be replaced for a different deep cut. What's worse though is how the songs never change. The guitar solos, the arrangements. I said this before, and it pains me, but they'll be mostly sleepwalking through the songs, apart from Christine's which the band hasn't performed.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Ledgie

Default "Stand Back"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
That set list looks too suspicious to me. I can't see them doing Don't Stop before Go Your Own Way, also I can't see them NOT doing Stand Back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I think you're onto something here. I smell a rat. I can't see "You Make Loving Fun" being the second song in the set, right after "The Chain". That doesn't follow their predictable pattern. AND, as much as I DON'T think "Stand Back" belongs in a Fleetwood Mac set, I can't see them dropping it. I agree that "Don't Stop" comes too early. Time will tell.
"Stand Back" is one of Stevie's standards in the same class as "Dreams", "Gold Dust Woman", "Gypsy", "Landslide", "Rhiannon", and "Silver Springs." It is very difficult not to perform it.

Last edited by Dragon; 09-14-2014 at 10:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That tumblr user has updated again, FWIW...
Been a long day. Little changes, tweaks, here and there musically.
Someone is still a little sour over a certain song being cut from the list but it’s all right, all right. They’re just standing in a line.
With that being said, the general feel around these parts is unreal. The full on comradery is back
AND
Big things coming in 2015 for the Mac.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and "Sara"?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Stevie and "Sara"?
I think the 'all right, all right... standing in a line' reference might be a VERY subtle way of hinting towards Stand Back.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I think the 'all right, all right... standing in a line' reference might be a VERY subtle way of hinting towards Stand Back.
you think ?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Derp. I can't believe I missed that. lol
Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they perform Over My Head. I think Chris should do more of her songs!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Would I have an entirely different set list for them? Damned right.
Does this set list surprise me in any way? No. Well, a little. I did think that they'd include 1 or 2 NEW songs that they've been recording. And, maybe even figure an arrangement of one of Stevie's 24 Karat Gold songs that she'd written for FMac. Oh, wait, what am I thinking? This is Fleetwood Mac...never mind.

And, under NO circumstances should "Oh Well" EVER, EVER, EVER be a "surprise" in a Fleetwood Mac set list. It should be standard operating procedure. Without that song, and the person who wrote it, they wouldn't be standing on stage in 2014 as Fleetwood Mac. AND, that they've not paid homage to Bob Welch via playing ONE, just ONE, effing song of his in concert since his passing is the rudest, sickest, most despicable behavior ever.

But, again, what am I thinking? This is Fleetwood Mac...never mind.

So, Fleetwood Mac is coming around again in concert, Christine's back....NEVER F-ING MIND!

(really, really sad, I kinda wanted to see Christine again...but, after how they've acted...eff it.)
Old 09-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Does this set list surprise me in any way? No. Well, a little. I did think that they'd include 1 or 2 NEW songs that they've been recording. And, maybe even figure an arrangement of one of Stevie's 24 Karat Gold songs that she'd written for FMac. Oh, wait, what am I thinking? This is Fleetwood Mac...never mind.

And, under NO circumstances should "Oh Well" EVER, EVER, EVER be a "surprise" in a Fleetwood Mac set list. It should be standard operating procedure. Without that song, and the person who wrote it, they wouldn't be standing on stage in 2014 as Fleetwood Mac. AND, that they've not paid homage to Bob Welch via playing ONE, just ONE, effing song of his in concert since his passing is the rudest, sickest, most despicable behavior ever.

So, Fleetwood Mac is coming around again in concert, Christine's back....NEVER F-ING MIND!

(really, really sad, I kinda wanted to see Christine again...but, after how they've acted...eff it.)

At least Tom Petty honors Fleetwood Mac's past...

Old 09-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
"Stand Back" is one of Stevie's standards in the same class as "Dreams", "Gold Dust Woman", "Gypsy", "Landslide", "Rhiannon", and "Silver Springs." It is very difficult not to perform it.
It's not very difficult at all, it's pretty simple to drop a song from a set list, especially when Stevie's dropped both Sara and Rhiannon in the past. Stand Back has become a Stevie standard, but that doesn't stop it sounding like a wall of noise that I can't help but cringe at every time I hear it live. I'm pleased that Brown Eyes and I Know I'm Not Wrong are in but I'm gutted that Sara has been dropped and Isn't It Midnight is out.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
At least Tom Petty honors Fleetwood Mac's past...
The shame is EVERYBODY BUT FLEETWOOD MAC honors Fleetwood Mac's past.

Anyone else see a major FAIL in that concept???
Old 09-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
It's not very difficult at all, it's pretty simple to drop a song from a set list, especially when Stevie's dropped both Sara and Rhiannon in the past. Stand Back has become a Stevie standard, but that doesn't stop it sounding like a wall of noise that I can't help but cringe at every time I hear it live. I'm pleased that Brown Eyes and I Know I'm Not Wrong are in but I'm gutted that Sara has been dropped and Isn't It Midnight is out.
I never understood its inclusion in a MAC set in the first place. Solo is solo. FM has enough of its own material to choose from. No solo stuff. Glad to see it go.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

You're being ridiculous. Christine is probably a little rusty and so is the rest of the band as far as performing her songs. They're playing what everyone wants to see them play, the only people who will be displeased are the few of us here on The Ledge. But like I keep trying to remind everyone, be grateful we have the opportunity to see all five perform together, a lot of us never thought we would get that opportunity.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I never understood its inclusion in a MAC set in the first place. Solo is solo. FM has enough of its own material to choose from. No solo stuff. Glad to see it go.
It's always irked me that Stand Back has been included in so many of the FM setlists since the 1980s, especially when there are other Stevie FM songs that could have been performed instead that either never have been or were absent from their setlists for decades.

I'm also gutted Seven Wonders hasn't made the cut, I honestly expected them to bring that back.