User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
NMMC is a beautiful song sung so sweetly by Chris.
I love the demo version, especially!!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Me too! I also like the demo version of Welcome to the Room Sara......... sorry. I know so many hate it.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't come across many Mac fans that have a dislike for Sara.... But to each is their own.
yeah i'm one of the very rare ones who doesn't like it. i just don't get it how can people like it so much! it has no melody. i like my music melodic. and for me music comes first, not lyrics.

Sara is just talking forever and ever and ever with some background music. i tried, since i know how immensely popular it used to be, and when i meet 10-20 yo Sara, i kinda wonder these days whether the name came from that enormous popularity. but i just can't get through the song. it bores me and depresses me.

on the other hand, SOTM seems to be the song about which fans split in the middle - they either love it or don't get why people like it that much. i think SOTM is one of SN's best FM songs and just love it and was surprised to see it on some people's lists in this thread.

i also think that other than Sara. Stevie's Tusk songs are her best grouping of FM songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah i'm one of the very rare ones who doesn't like it. i just don't get it how can people like it so much! it has no melody. i like my music melodic. and for me music comes first, not lyrics.

Sara is just talking forever and ever and ever with some background music. i tried, since i know how immensely popular it used to be, and when i meet 10-20 yo Sara, i kinda wonder these days whether the name came from that enormous popularity. but i just can't get through the song. it bores me and depresses me.

on the other hand, SOTM seems to be the song about which fans split in the middle - they either love it or don't get why people like it that much. i think SOTM is one of SN's best FM songs and just love it and was surprised to see it on some people's lists in this thread.

i also think that other than Sara. Stevie's Tusk songs are her best grouping of FM songs.
I guess I'm dumb for liking it. I really don't care though.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why would you be dumb for liking it? plus, your opinion fits with majority opinion. and majority doesn't necessarily always have to be dumb or wrong - not everything that's popular is sh*t!

imo the most important thing is that song makes you happy, or makes you feel something, or whatever value it has for you is what matters!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
dumb? that means I'm dumb, too... I love the piano and guitar work. Elle wasn't saying that we are dumb, just that she doesn't get it.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
"The Ledge"

"Not That Funny"

"That's Enough For Me"

These 3 are the only songs on Tusk I dislike; I love pretty much every other one. Oddly enough, "SMAP" and "WATL" are amongst my all time favorite LB tracks, and many seem to dislike them.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!
Old 05-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dumb? that means I'm dumb, too... I love the piano and guitar work. Elle wasn't saying that we are dumb, just that she doesn't get it.
Made me feel dumb.
I love the piano and the backing vocals.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
"The Ledge"

"Not That Funny"

"That's Enough For Me"

These 3 are the only songs on Tusk I dislike; I love pretty much every other one. Oddly enough, "SMAP" and "WATL" are amongst my all time favorite LB tracks., and many seem to dislike them
it's funny, there are usually 2 camps - WATL camp vs SMAP camp. i used to love love love WATL and just couldn't stand SMAP. and i knew several people who were exact opposite.

after hearing enough live and alternate versions of SMAP, i now started to actually like it. somebody in this thread mentioned how they disliked the original but love the alternate Tusk SMAP.

i think my love for WATL really comes from the alternative version that was on Tusk CD re-issue (from 2002 i think). if i just heard orginal slowed down WATL, maybe i wouldn't love it nearly as much.

as for your 3 dislike choices, i'm completely with you on That's Enough For Me which most like and respct and it just really annoys me.

but i adore the Ledge and love NTF.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Made me feel dumb.
I love the piano and the backing vocals.
lol backing vocals is another thing that i can't stand about the song!

re "dumb" sorry if what i said made you feel that way! it wasn't meant to (see also my post above), you expressed surprise about my choice so i felt i owe you some explanation on why i dislike the song.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol backing vocals is another thing that i can't stand about the song!

re "dumb" sorry if what i said made you feel that way! it wasn't meant to (see also my post above), you expressed surprise about my choice so i felt i owe you some explanation on why i dislike the song.
I didn't take offence to it. Made me feel dumb in a funny kind of way. By the way, a FM song that I can't stand is Sugar Daddy.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I didn't take offence to it. Made me feel dumb in a funny kind of way. By the way, a FM song that I can't stand is Sugar Daddy.
I'm never speaking to you again!!
Old 05-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm never speaking to you again!!
Sorry, jbrownsjr. I just can't take it. I always skip it when I play that album.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You'll never make me cry is absolutely gorgeous. How can you be a fan and not love this song? Her voice is amazing and it's just a beautiful melody. I knew the songs people liked least would be the ones i love most.

Honey Hi
That's all for everyone
You'll never make me cry
Not That funny
Walk a thin line

All great songs.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's songs are flawless. Everything she did with the Mac is, IMO, flawless from 75 - 82. It only starts to go downhill with Tango.

I'm not keen on "Honey Hi". It's not a bad song, it just doesn't go anywhere. But in the depths of a dark record, it's quite a welcome burst of jolliness in the second half of the record, so I wouldn't ditch it and don't skip it, but it's not particularly memorable on it's own.

I don't like "That's All For Everyone" at all and the album version of "Not That Funny" kinda sucks, but I agree with other folks - it's awesome live.
Closed Thread