Addicted Ledgie

I thought Chris and Lori divorced.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought Chris and Lori divorced.
They are, although Lori said that he was still "family" a few years ago. Anyway, I think he finished battling his cancer years ago. Michele
Old 02-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the "Nicks Fix"

Note from Lori - November 8th, 2009:

"Well... hello everyone!! Again, I'd like to post a quick note to all....
It seems that Christopher's illness was of concern to many of you... and so I want to give you all an update....
Christopher has beaten the dreaded Cancer... he is doing well, and back to his crotchety old self... lol! He was very lucky, and due to his general good health, and his young age (?!!), he has bounced back better than the docs expected... (however I don't think any of us who knows him was surprised at all)!!!!
I have passed along to him all of your best wishes and prayers... he is very greatful, but says for you all to know that it will take something worse than that to take him down!!!!
There is one more thing, Christopher does want you all to know this: He had Bladder Cancer... it was absolutely caused by smoking! He is the last person on this planet ever to preach... but he wants everyone to know, because he didn't...
SMOKING CAUSED HIS CANCER!!!! I think that says it all.....
I trust that you will all understand if I don't personally thank you each, or comment to all of your well-wishing... but know that it is appreciated by Christopher and his entire family, more than we could ever say!!
Much love to all"
Lori
Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, I guess it was brought up again because Rolling Stone did so:

"It’s the day after the Anaheim show, and Nicks has some errands to run at the big house before heading off to the next concert, in Arizona. There, she’ll have a chance to see her brother, who recently recovered from bladder cancer."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
From the "Nicks Fix"

Note from Lori - November 8th, 2009:

"Well... hello everyone!! Again, I'd like to post a quick note to all....
It seems that Christopher's illness was of concern to many of you... and so I want to give you all an update....
Christopher has beaten the dreaded Cancer... he is doing well, and back to his crotchety old self... lol! He was very lucky, and due to his general good health, and his young age (?!!), he has bounced back better than the docs expected... (however I don't think any of us who knows him was surprised at all)!!!!
I have passed along to him all of your best wishes and prayers... he is very greatful, but says for you all to know that it will take something worse than that to take him down!!!!
There is one more thing, Christopher does want you all to know this: He had Bladder Cancer... it was absolutely caused by smoking! He is the last person on this planet ever to preach... but he wants everyone to know, because he didn't...
SMOKING CAUSED HIS CANCER!!!! I think that says it all.....
I trust that you will all understand if I don't personally thank you each, or comment to all of your well-wishing... but know that it is appreciated by Christopher and his entire family, more than we could ever say!!
Much love to all"
Lori

Smoking killed my uncle at 66 in 2001 with lung cancer.Thank god I never picked up that habit.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, a recent study suggests most cancers were mutations in stem cells that could not be prevented.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back on topic......

http://www.playbackstl.com/columns/i...old-dust-woman

The rock icon shows no signs of stopping any time soon. With a slew of tour dates with Fleetwood Mac, as well as her own album to promote, she is one busy lady.

Planning a new album with Fleetwood Mac, as well as a tour for her own latest release, life and career are once again fantastic for Rock's Chief Sorceress.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After seeing those Pollstar numbers in Michele's thread as the bucks come in.Some probably saying or thinking why bother recording a new album for a few 1000 true fans and some music lovers.

Thanks Nick for the story.I agree 100 percent .God willing .The Mac train will chug along as they are at full steam and Stevie will be doing the same.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-07-2015, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I'm too tied to indie, but who cares about sales at this point? Isn't the point to make art for art's sake, especially at this stage in their career?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I guess I'm too tied to indie, but who cares about sales at this point? Isn't the point to make art for art's sake, especially at this stage in their career?
Well for some fans, that's they only way to argue Stevie's existence in popularity or sales. So, even if you love Stevie's music, but don't like her immature, ego driven, megalomania; you are going to have people excuse the behavior because she's popular, or they dress like her, or they want to be her.

Her art with Fleetwood Mac is superb. Her solo work is good at best. Bella Donna and Wild Heart will always be close to my heart, but it's always been spotty after that. And these new Rolling Stone covers with her on piano are giving me seizures. Maybe if she had a decent accompaniment, she could focus on the tone quality. But her on piano.. ee gads...
Old 02-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well for some fans, that's they only way to argue Stevie's existence in popularity or sales. So, even if you love Stevie's music, but don't like her immature, ego driven, megalomania; you are going to have people excuse the behavior because she's popular, or they dress like her, or they want to be her.

Her art with Fleetwood Mac is superb. Her solo work is good at best. Bella Donna and Wild Heart will always be close to my heart, but it's always been spotty after that. And these new Rolling Stone covers with her on piano are giving me seizures. Maybe if she had a decent accompaniment, she could focus on the tone quality. But her on piano.. ee gads...
Totally agree about the FM vs. solo work, and ESPECIALLY about the piano playing solos lately. Holy ****e, they are scary bad.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Her Rhiannon performance on American Horror Story was, well, an American horror story in its own right. I give her props for trying to keep herself relevant but the best way to do this is to write NEW music and stay aware of one's limitations--i.e., keep her AWAY from the piano.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Her Rhiannon performance on American Horror Story was, well, an American horror story in its own right. I give her props for trying to keep herself relevant but the best way to do this is to write NEW music and stay aware of one's limitations--i.e., keep her AWAY from the piano.
Aleuzzi,you always crack me up. Wasn't it Seven Wonders?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie obviously has a great musical ear,I mean,when one sense fails it enhances the others(her eyesight sucks).My point is that she has to know that her piano abilities are subpar.But I really believe that her "ego's mind" has convinced her that she is truly talented in that department.Like she can't even entertain the thought of something that she does being less than "fantastic".Good thing this is nearing the close of her career because her ego is her own worst enemy and would be her downfall if her career was just starting out IMOI still can't get over her change in personality in recent years as compared to earlier in her career.Isn't it usually the other way around?Doesn't a major change usually happen when they first get rich and famous but then after the novelty wears off they come back down to earth?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's like someone told her that her piano playing was OK and she took it to heart. Maybe Dave Stewart.