The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Grammy museum BuckVie q&a Oct 11 (sold out)

Surprised nobody started a thread on this - it showed up yesterday and sold out within 5 minutes on presale today. Not sure whether they'll be offering additional tickets during regular onsale or they're all gone.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Surprised nobody started a thread on this - it showed up yesterday and sold out within 5 minutes on presale today. Not sure whether they'll be offering additional tickets during regular onsale or they're all gone.
Not following the original topic per-se (sorry Elle), but...

With regards to Grammy's in general, I must confess I'm a bit ignorant...
  • when are nominees announced?
  • are Buckingham and McVie realistically viable for any awards?
  • are they eligible for a 'Best newcomer award'?
tar

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Not following the original topic per-se (sorry Elle), but...

With regards to Grammy's in general, I must confess I'm a bit ignorant...
  • when are nominees announced?
  • are Buckingham and McVie realistically viable for any awards?
  • are they eligible for a 'Best newcomer award'?
tar
Haha love it!

I'd be surprised if they were viable for any of those awards... unless Grammys would measure UK success

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Haha love it!

I'd be surprised if they were viable for any of those awards... unless Grammys would measure UK success
Yes, I know its pushing the boat out... but technically I'm sure they'd be eligible as a new act, wouldn't they?

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A CONVERSATION WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AND CHRISTINE MCVIE

Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Google+Share to Email
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are two links of the figurative chain that once made up one of the most popular bands of the ’70s, Fleetwood Mac. Though the two have been making music together off and on for nearly half a century, it didn’t occur to them until recently to begin making music as a duo. Their recent collaboration turned out to be a success, leading to their first self-titled album, which became available to the public, June 9, and began their North American tour June 21. Buckingham and McVie, who have shared a mutual respect and admiration for each other since their days in Fleetwood Mac, decided it was time to combine their individual musical talents. The album is already receiving rave reviews from Rolling Stone and Variety, among others. The album features classic Fleetwood Mac tones, while also showing fans a fresh side of these two artists. Much of the album was recorded at The Village Studios in Los Angeles, the same recording studio wherein Fleetwood Mac recorded several albums. Drawing on their classic style while exploring fresh new sounds, Buckingham and McVie created a unique album, in a way paying homage to their musical beginnings, some 40 years ago. Before they head back out on tour on Oct. 14 for another 22 shows as part of their successful tour in support of the new album, the GRAMMY Museum is thrilled to welcome Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie to the Clive Davis Theater for an intimate conversation about their collaboration and distinguished careers. The evening will also feature a special screening of a short documentary on the making of the album, and will be hosted by Executive Director of the GRAMMY Museum, Scott Goldman.

A beefed out version of the 'Making the album' promo?

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is so exciting. It almost makes me want to dress as a Stevie impersonator and fight my way on stage, only to be tackled by security, and dragged to jail. Now THAT would be a night to remember.
In fact I believe every one of their gigs should have such a surprising event. When you least expect it.....oh lord...here she comes (again)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hope everyone here on The Ledge is doing well. "it's been a longgggg time"
Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is so exciting. It almost makes me want to dress as a Stevie impersonator and fight my way on stage, only to be tackled by security, and dragged to jail. Now THAT would be a night to remember.
In fact I believe every one of their gigs should have such a surprising event. When you least expect it.....oh lord...here she comes (again)
I'll bail you out!!!!!

Be screaming, "but Lindsey really loves meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!" as they drag you away!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
A CONVERSATION WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AND CHRISTINE MCVIE

Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Google+Share to Email
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are two links of the figurative chain that once made up one of the most popular bands of the ’70s, Fleetwood Mac. Though the two have been making music together off and on for nearly half a century, it didn’t occur to them until recently to begin making music as a duo. Their recent collaboration turned out to be a success, leading to their first self-titled album, which became available to the public, June 9, and began their North American tour June 21. Buckingham and McVie, who have shared a mutual respect and admiration for each other since their days in Fleetwood Mac, decided it was time to combine their individual musical talents. The album is already receiving rave reviews from Rolling Stone and Variety, among others. The album features classic Fleetwood Mac tones, while also showing fans a fresh side of these two artists. Much of the album was recorded at The Village Studios in Los Angeles, the same recording studio wherein Fleetwood Mac recorded several albums. Drawing on their classic style while exploring fresh new sounds, Buckingham and McVie created a unique album, in a way paying homage to their musical beginnings, some 40 years ago. Before they head back out on tour on Oct. 14 for another 22 shows as part of their successful tour in support of the new album, the GRAMMY Museum is thrilled to welcome Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie to the Clive Davis Theater for an intimate conversation about their collaboration and distinguished careers. The evening will also feature a special screening of a short documentary on the making of the album, and will be hosted by Executive Director of the GRAMMY Museum, Scott Goldman.

A beefed out version of the 'Making the album' promo?
links for tix in case some will still be available later / on regular onsale -

https://tickets.axs.com/shop/#/aecdc...26ref%3Devs_fb
More Event Info
Grammy Museum
800 W. Olympic Blvd. A245
Los Angeles, CA

PLEASE NOTE THAT PROGRAM INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, THERE IS A 4 TICKET LIMIT PER MEMBERSHIP/HOUSEHOLD PER PROGRAM. ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. TICKETS ARE WILL CALL ONLY AND CANNOT BE EXCHANGED, REFUNDED OR TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER PATRONS NAME.

Visit www.GRAMMYMUSEUM.org to get updated Event and Parking info. Will Call Tickets will be distributed starting 90 minutes prior to show time. Rain or shine, all patrons require a ticket, no cameras allowed.

https://www.axs.com/events/343193/a-...S_AMEX_PRE_GCE

Old 09-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Ledgie

Will they seriously enforce "no cameras allowed" because it would be too bad if no video was allowed to be taken. Someone will go rogue, I hope.

What are the odds that the Grammys people will record and upload this online?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Will they seriously enforce "no cameras allowed" because it would be too bad if no video was allowed to be taken. Someone will go rogue, I hope.

i hope they don't because i'm counting on everyone that will be going to give us some footage!

however i was recently at the show for a newer band where they locked everyone's phones in Yondr boxes at the entrance to the venue and there was no way to use them. hope that doesn't happen here! i have to say that at that show they didn't search bags too thoroughly so if you had a small camera and were really stealth with it theoretically there was a chance to use it... i think.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post

oh and welcome - good to see you here!!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Ledgie

Thank you, Elle. It's good to be here, especially for the 2nd leg of the tour coming up.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:41 AM
Junior Ledgie

Smile Thanks for the Grammy Museum info, Elle

Hi Elle,

Thank you so much For the Grammy museum info! How did you find out? I'm frustrated---I have google alerts for Lindsey, Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie and nothing came up in advance. I'm hopeful that some tix will be available for Non-pre-sale, though!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycondit View Post
Hi Elle,

Thank you so much For the Grammy museum info! How did you find out? I'm frustrated---I have google alerts for Lindsey, Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie and nothing came up in advance. I'm hopeful that some tix will be available for Non-pre-sale, though!
Yes it seems really hard to find. A friend posted in our LB Facebook group (its public and I think you are a part of it - Real Savage Like forum).

Good luck I hope you manage to get some tix, maybe on general onsale!