User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Unfortunately all the classic old bands that are still active nowadays still own almost all of their credit and fanbase due to their past productions and even if they make new songs they meet lukewarm interest both in and out of the stage.
How very sad.

Just because you're not gaining as much interest as your peak doesn't mean you just stop - at least if you're an *actual* artist anyway - something those other "old bands" have apparently learned.

It's funny because Stevie likes to use this excuse too but then goes and puts out her own record regardless...

Last edited by pauls90; 12-19-2016 at 03:58 PM..
Old 12-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
It's funny because Stevie likes to use this excuse too but then goes and puts out her own record regardless...
Stevie was obligated under contract to make albums. That said, her last album was done in two weeks an was made up of old demos she found on YouTube. If not for the contract, I doubt she would have recorded 24KG.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just dont care if they record, the last cd i rarely listen to!
Old 12-19-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
How very sad.

Just because you're not gaining as much interest as your peak doesn't mean you just stop - at least if you're an *actual* artist anyway - something those other "old bands" have apparently learned.

No, it's not sad, it's just the way things are; all classic rock acts regardless of the fact whether they still produce material or not are "oldies act" because with time they traded their once status of novelty and avantgarde to become the legends and pioneers of the past.
And nobody has to stop making music nor did I meant it as an excuse, I bought both Stevie's album and that of Elton John but I don't hear them that often as Bella Donna or GYBR.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This band is an oldies band since late 90s. Unfortunately bands enter the "oldies" status unbeknownst to them and it has nothing to do with their productivity. Unfortunately all the classic old bands that are still active nowadays still own almost all of their credit and fanbase due to their past productions and even if they make new songs they meet lukewarm interest both in and out of the stage.
This is very true, along with the other response you just wrote. I think that's why they're so hesitant to release an album without her, they think no one's gonna buy it anyways and a huge portion of their audience won't care to hear the songs.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This is very true, along with the other response you just wrote. I think that's why they're so hesitant to release an album without her, they think no one's gonna buy it anyways and a huge portion of their audience won't care to hear the songs.
I agree, and will add that if Stevie was NOT such a big draw card under the FM name. Very possibly a new album with the rest of the band could of been released by now, without any hesitation.. Ego's or failure of the bands name after their previous huge world tour, with raving reviews, ticket sales etc is not something they would want to risk.. Ever!! but i hope they prove me wrong and have a go, as for their diehard fans waiting to hear new stuff from LB and CM will have something to be happy about..
Old 12-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I agree, and will add that if Stevie was NOT such a big draw card under the FM name. Very possibly a new album with the rest of the band could of been released by now, without any hesitation.. Ego's or failure of the bands name after their previous huge world tour, with raving reviews, ticket sales etc is not something they would want to risk.. Ever!! but i hope they prove me wrong and have a go, as for their diehard fans waiting to hear new stuff from LB and CM will have something to be happy about..
Both LB and CM have made records they knew would not sell very well. I don't think either of them hold sales as a priority anymore. Mick, on the other hand, is still VERY concerned with the FM machine running at full capacity to generate as much $$$ as possible. Perhaps HE was the one holding up progress on the album to allow Stevie a chance to change her mind. She didn't and they're presumably finishing the album as we speak. Presumably. No one knows this band.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
May the warmth of Christmas flood your heart and this board...
Some say David was born with a heart
two sizes too small.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Some say David was born with a heart
two sizes too small.
Thank you. I appreciate your input. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your input. Happy Holidays.
It's from my second favorite Christmas show.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Both LB and CM have made records they knew would not sell very well. I don't think either of them hold sales as a priority anymore. Mick, on the other hand, is still VERY concerned with the FM machine running at full capacity to generate as much $$$ as possible. Perhaps HE was the one holding up progress on the album to allow Stevie a chance to change her mind. She didn't and they're presumably finishing the album as we speak. Presumably. No one knows this band.

Maybe they will decide to throw caution to the wind and just FINISH IT!!
(i hope so) since Stevie mentioned that an Australia tour could be on the cards in 2017.. Then commence their world tour in 2018, play a couple of their new songs, be brave and mix up their set list, then EVERYONE would be happy including the band.. I think!!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything is planned out, they just don't announce anything until it's close to the event.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Maybe they will decide to throw caution to the wind and just FINISH IT!!
(i hope so) since Stevie mentioned that an Australia tour could be on the cards in 2017.. Then commence their world tour in 2018, play a couple of their new songs, be brave and mix up their set list, then EVERYONE would be happy including the band.. I think!!
just to fill in the timeline - if you look at the "2017 tour" thread, you will see that there's a talk about either FM 4 or at least Christine and Lindsey touring their new album in 2017. i really hope that happens - only in that case "EVERYONE will be happy including the band".

timeline fits - if they are about finished with the album, they should be able to put it out in spring 2017 and start the tour at the same time. they have the whole 2017 to tour it!

i'm glad to hear about possible Australian tour in 2017 for Stevie, that would make above even more feasible. there's no reason for the band to sit out the whole 2017.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How very sad.

ONLY because her label requires her to to fulfill the requirements of a contract.

Let's face it, Stevie is 75% of the Mac and Lindsey is the other 25%. Without Stevie, FM is dead in the water!!! Show of hands: Who would go to a FM show without Stevie in the lineup?? Yeah, thought so!!!

FM has the about the same ability to survive without Stevie as MotorHead without Lemmy. That is NONE!!! If Stevie called it quits, Mick F would be soiling his drawers and the house of cards would be falling rapidly!!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and here we go again. personal bias and negativity.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"