Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Your bra and what else?

We've all been to or heard of concerts where women throw their delicates up at the stage.
We've all seen Stevie & other members of FM collect stuffed animals, flowers, velvet paintings, jewelry, hats, etc.
Maybe some of us have even been the ones to hand them gifts.
I've never been seated anywhere near close enough to do so.
Have you ever handed or thrown something at an FM member as a present? If so, what?
If not, what would you hand your favorite member if you had front row seats & he/she made eye contact with you? (Not counting autographs --- it has to be something for him/her to keep, not something that you'd expect back.)

I think I'd hand Stevie a painting or a journal (that she might set to music, of course. )
Or perhaps a hat. I love the end of the Red Rocks video when Stevie takes the fan's grey hat & puts it on. The fan must be thrilled every time he watches the concert video.

- Jake
Old 05-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Heart

I had the opportunity to hand something to Stevie at her Pittsburgh TISL show, and it is a moment I will never forget. My daughter, Aislinn, was 5 at the time and had drawn/colored the CUTEST picture of Stevie onstage singing...black platform boots, shawl, sparkles all around her - it was absolutely adorable. Well, Aislinn gave me the picture and told me to "give it to Stevie when you see her at the concert." She had no concept whatsoever that there is virtually no way to get that close to Stevie. Not to mention, our seats were light years away from the stage, so even during the stage rush of Eof17, I knew I wouldn't have a chance.

But, good things DO happen every once in awhile. One of the supreme angels of the Ledge, Torri, had an extra ticket for a 3rd row seat, which she gave to me in an unequaled (at least in my life) display of generosity. I managed to get close enough to the stage during Edge that when Stevie came to shake hands (I wasn't close enough for that - there was one person between me and the stage), I held up the picture, and the first thing Stevie did was reach out and take it from me. She then looked at it, got a huge smile, looked out at me and nodded vigorously at me while smiling all the while, as if to say "yep, that's me, all right!" She then handed the pic to her body guard and told him to take good care of it, or something to that effect. I have never been so thrilled! This event caused my husband to become an INSTANT Stevie Nicks fan, lemme tell ya - anyone who does anything nice for his kids is a-ok with him!

Okay, now for a cute update - Aislinn, who is now 8, is having trouble falling asleep tonight, and just about 1/2 hour ago, came to me and gave me yet another drawing of Miss Nicks, with a message below that reads, "Hi, my name is Aislinn, age 8. I was the Aislinn that was 6 or 5. I like you. Don't stop singing!" Obviously, I am expected to give this one to Stevie as well; I guess if I could manage it once, why should I not be able to manage it twice (in an 8 year old's eyes)? I can only hope that I can accomplish this mission for her once more. Unless someone hands me another 3rd row ticket tomorrow, it is going to be rather difficult!! Very cute thing - in this pic, Stevie's dress is lacey, flowery, and fluorescent orange, with fluorescent pink ribbons hanging from the cuffs. We could only hope to see her in something so colorful!

Lori
Old 05-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the old days, I confess to bringing Stevie roses. It was never a huge frenzy of gift giving at the shows I attended, so she actually took them. As for other things, I don't own any bras, and I doubt if anyone in the band would be interested in a pair of my Calvins or a jockstrap, so I don't see myself tossing any personal articles onstage anytime soon. Might have a different effect at, say, a Ricky Martin concert.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation For Lindsey....

If I had front row seats, I would write a poem and short fan letter (No, not one of those psycho fan letters either LOL) to let him know how much his music has meant to me. I'm a writer, so a poem/letter it would be. I would also attach a small gift from my heart, don't know what it would be exactly, but I'd find something perfect to give to him.