User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Don't forget What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You.
Possibly. Was a version ever recorded for Tango In The Night?
Old 09-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
On the contrary, I reckon they’d have plenty of material available that would be worth bringing together.

Ricky
Down Endless Street
Book of Miracles
You and I Part 1
Joan of Arc
Special Kind of Love
At the Fair
Plus all the 12” single versions
Plus demo versions of album tracks (Welcome to the Room…Sara is fab)
The alternate versions of Tango in the Night and Mystified that RD posted on The Penguins Tale are fantastic and really stand up on their own.
There are various versions of Isn’t It Midnight out there and numerous different instrumental versions of Little Lies. I’m sure there’d be plenty of other such nuggets tucked away.
I'd hope they'd also add ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ as the initial catalyst for the album.

I'd say HELL YES!
Old 09-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think it will have a deluxe edition, along with a DVD of the concert. I will only buy that if they include either the entire video concert or at least audio. Would love to hear Brown Eyes live, for example.
I think there could be "soon" a Tango deluxe edition, whenever a new Fleetwood Mac álbum is delayed. But, the issue is the live content. Lindsey was not there, so I don't know if they will decide to include it. Who has the last word? The record Company? Mick? The 5 members?

Another issue, but an interesting one. Stevie was less time (just the last weeks since she was in rehab) during record sessions. So there may be material recorded just by 4 members (same as 2014 unreleased studio sessions ha haaa). So, would they include Tango Stevieless versions?? Would be interesting to hear those, anyway (Little Lies, Everywhere).
Old 09-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There better be. There's plenty of rare/unreleased material to warrant it.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

I actually doubt a deluxe Tango will come out. Ken Caillet has been working on the other releases because he was involved initially. But with Tango he had nothing to do with it. Who are they gonna get?
Old 09-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I actually doubt a deluxe Tango will come out. Ken Caillet has been working on the other releases because he was involved initially. But with Tango he had nothing to do with it. Who are they gonna get?
But why he wouldn't accept? Just give him all the material and he may do a good job selecting the songs, the sequence, etc. Even he wasn't involved in the original sessions, it could be fun for him anyway, unless there is something we don't know from the past that makes him adamant about it.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
But why he wouldn't accept? Just give him all the material and he may do a good job selecting the songs, the sequence, etc. Even he wasn't involved in the original sessions, it could be fun for him anyway, unless there is something we don't know from the past that makes him adamant about it.
Dashut and Buckingham could do it. Or, Warner could just hire anybody, really, since the decision to release it or not lies with them and not the band.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Dashut and Buckingham could do it. Or, Warner could just hire anybody, really, since the decision to release it or not lies with them and not the band.
Yeah, I'd say Richard and Lindsey should do it together. However I can't see Lindsey working with Richard at this stage. I don't think Ken would do it. He'd feel a bit bitter about not being involved in the first place. Also, I think he'd generally just feel like like it was a bit inappropriate. To do such a job properly I think you'd need to have a good intimate knowledge of the source material.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yeah, I'd say Richard and Lindsey should do it together. However I can't see Lindsey working with Richard at this stage. I don't think Ken would do it. He'd feel a bit bitter about not being involved in the first place. Also, I think he'd generally just feel like like it was a bit inappropriate. To do such a job properly I think you'd need to have a good intimate knowledge of the source material.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I agree. I think that's how Ken got to doing Mirage.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would imagine Lindsey was only involved in the Tusk box because he has battled years of blame over it's lack of overwhelming commercial success, and he had a bit of a torch to carry for it.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the Tom Petty song

I assume the "stolen" TP song was given to FM during the Tango sessions. I wonder if they ever tinkered with it.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 AM

I'm starting to want it to happen! There were some great out-takes.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Don't forget to include the 12" remixes of Seven Wonders, Little Lies, Everywhere and Family Man as well.

I'm not sure if one was done for Big Love or not.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I would imagine Lindsey was only involved in the Tusk box because he has battled years of blame over it's lack of overwhelming commercial success, and he had a bit of a torch to carry for it.
exactly. i'm always amazed that people think these box releases are artists' decisions. they can choose to be involved, but the decision to do them is not theirs. Lindsey loves Tusk so he wanted to participate. i imagine as far as the other releases go, he would rather work on new music.

also, Lindsey was asked in some q&a to release a box set of his solo stuff. he said he'd love to do it, but it's up to the label owning all that stuff, not up to him, and that he hopes the record company is listening. that's why i love that he's lately seld-releasing (and therefore owning!) his own stuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"