The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You guys think there will be a deluxe Tango?

It would be really cool, especially if they included You and I part 1 and Ricky, and live tracks from the Tango tour. I really like 1987 live Everywhere.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it will have a deluxe edition, along with a DVD of the concert. I will only buy that if they include either the entire video concert or at least audio. Would love to hear Brown Eyes live, for example.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope. I don't think that any of the songs would sound less dated in another version, the songwriting is not really that good on the album, they masked that with the then top notch modern production, which of course now is outdated.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:56 AM

So many good songs.. I would love a deluxe tango.. I love the different versions of Isn't It Midnight..
Old 09-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Would love a deluxe Tango In The Night with all the extra tracks. It would be great to get have a proper, sensibly edited concert footage DVD with all the songs omitted from the original film.
As Mirage is coming out this side of Christmas I feel sure Tango In The Night will come out some time early next year for it's anniversary.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think that there will be a deluxe of Tango because (a) it has some of the band's biggest hits (Everywhere, Little Lies), (b) it was a massive seller at the time, and (c) judging from the decision to re-release Mirage, it is evident that these new redux editions are making enough money for the company.

I would, however, be very surprised if a Tango redux contains any live recordings or the Tango DVD. As this tour was sans Lindsey, I think he (and perhaps some other members of the band) would do a little revisionist history and pretend that the "Tango tour lineup" never existed. At most, I imagine that there would be a small mention of Rick and Billy in the liner notes. I for one would enjoy some live recordings from the tour, particularly "Brown Eyes", but overall this would be the tour I am most ambivalent about having official live documentation/recording from.

Now, a release of the 1975 white album with live recordings from that tour would be a dream.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would love to see a deluxe version of all the albums. But I don't think we will see one of Tango. I say this for several reasons. The band has been back to its 5 most successful members for a few years now. I don't see them highlighting the Tango tour without Lindsey while including Lindsey demos. I don't think Tango had the excessive tracks the other albums had. This started out as a Lindsey solo album. Each member only brought a few tracks and the album was not worked on in a traditional Mac fashion. I could see a re-mastered version of the songs but I don't see the "deep cuts" or demos that an album like Mirage or Tusk would have.
Brown Eyes is one of my favorite Mac songs. It was a treat to hear live in 1987. I wish this song was on the Mirage live release. Its disappointing they only included the songs that were on HBO.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-10-2016 at 10:59 AM..
Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It would be really cool, especially if they included You and I part 1 and Ricky, and live tracks from the Tango tour. I really like 1987 live Everywhere.
I think there will, as long as the Mirage one sells. Point taken re the live performances, but there are sufficient demos and alternate versions, as well as B sides, to fill up two discs with the album itself.

The logical thing would be to have this and a 1975 album deluxe edition, to complete the set. That said, of course, logic often eludes them...
Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am 100% positive a Deluxe Tango edition will be released. As was already mentioned, it was a big seller, peaking at #7 but staying in the top 40 for almost a year, and had 2 HUGE top 10 hits (Little Lies and Big Love) and 2 decent top 20 hits (Seven Wonders and Everywhere), and all 4 of which they have or still do perform live. There are a handful of unreleased songs they could include, like You and I, Part I, Book of Miracles, Ricky, Down Endless Street, plus the alternate version of Isn't It Midnight. I bet there are a few more outtakes they could include.

As far as the concert dvd, if they only released the audio like they're doing for the Mirage concert, it wouldn't be that distracting. The only Lindsey song they did was Go Your Own Way, and Stevie and Christine sang on that so much, anyway. It's not necessary to 'cover up' this era of the band. Rick and Big and the rest of the band did an outstanding job on Seven Wonders, Oh Well, Little Lies, Everywhere, Isn't It Midnight, Stand Back, and yes, even the Chain.

Last edited by bwboy; 09-10-2016 at 11:41 AM..
Old 09-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think Tango had the excessive tracks the other albums had. This started out as a Lindsey solo album. Each member only brought a few tracks and the album was not worked on in a traditional Mac fashion. I could see a re-mastered version of the songs but I don't see the "deep cuts" or demos that an album like Mirage or Tusk would have.

On the contrary, I reckon they’d have plenty of material available that would be worth bringing together.

Ricky
Down Endless Street
Book of Miracles
You and I Part 1
Joan of Arc
Special Kind of Love
At the Fair
Plus all the 12” single versions
Plus demo versions of album tracks (Welcome to the Room…Sara is fab)
The alternate versions of Tango in the Night and Mystified that RD posted on The Penguins Tale are fantastic and really stand up on their own.
There are various versions of Isn’t It Midnight out there and numerous different instrumental versions of Little Lies. I’m sure there’d be plenty of other such nuggets tucked away.
I'd hope they'd also add ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ as the initial catalyst for the album.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
On the contrary, I reckon they’d have plenty of material available that would be worth bringing together.

Ricky
Down Endless Street
Book of Miracles
You and I Part 1
Joan of Arc
Special Kind of Love
At the Fair
Plus demo versions of album tracks (Welcome to the Room…Sara is fab)
The alternate versions of Tango in the Night and Mystified that RD posted on The Penguins Tale are fantastic and really stand up on their own.
There are various versions of Isn’t It Midnight out there and numerous different instrumental versions of Little Lies. I’m sure there’d be plenty of other such nuggets tucked away.
I'd hope they'd also add ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ as the initial catalyst for the album.
Yeah, I love Joan of Arc and the alternate Caroline demo with additional lyrics. Wasn't there also a Julia outtake?
Old 09-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I think there will, as long as the Mirage one sells. Point taken re the live performances, but there are sufficient demos and alternate versions, as well as B sides, to fill up two discs with the album itself.

The logical thing would be to have this and a 1975 album deluxe edition, to complete the set. That said, of course, logic often eludes them.
agree with all of this.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A Deluxe version of the 1975 Self Titled Fleetwood Mac album (or "White Album" as Christine is so fond of calling it) needs to come out next, ahead of a Deluxe Tango. I'm amazed they haven't done this already, before "Mirage". It's the album that put the Buckingham Nicks lineup on the map! Would LOVE to hear outtakes of all those tracks, plus the other ones that were supposed to go on the second BN album ("Sorcerer" and maybe more of the Almanac stuff).

They WILL most likely put out a Deluxe Tango since it initially sold more than Tusk and Mirage. But I agree with most people here on the Rumours forum that the quality of songwriting was really lacking in this album, ESPECIALLY from Stevie. How "Joan Of Arc" got booted off the record and "Wassa Matta Baby" stayed on is a mystery to me!
Old 09-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could sell especially well in the UK.

Michele
Old 09-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Ricky

Those are hard to listen to.