User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
As for Gypsy83...it's a whole movie about the night of 1,000 Stevies with NO Stevie music at all? Those of you who have seen it - how does that work? I really wanna see btw..and think it's about damn time they're releasing it...
The only Stevie song in it is Talk To Me, for the sole reason that Stevie didn't write it.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
You know, I gotta say the only time I've ever seen the gay/Stevie/FM correlation pop up is on the internet...
The first time I ever noticed was on the Street Angel Tour. My friends and I were at a show in Vegas and we all noticed and said to one another that if all the homo boys, homo girls, and "big boned gals" were to disappear, the place would have been half full. We all got a good laugh over this. And just for the record - my group consisted of 2 homo boys, one homo girl, and a self proclaimed "big boned gal".
Old 01-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
The only Stevie song in it is Talk To Me, for the sole reason that Stevie didn't write it.
They should have tried to snag SDMHA. Doubt that Tom would let it go for cheap, but still....

I am not sure about the NGBA song almost being in School Of Rock. My memory is like a sieve lately. I thought I read an interview where the director said it was his favorite FM song and he always wanted to use it but they couldn't afford it. However, I also think I read that Eo17 was Cusack's idea. I read so many industry magazines I can't remember if Britney is married, divorced, clothed or naked. So hard to keep track of all this information.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerMcvie
I never knew FM was considered "gay music".
It is not, I really don't think so. My Grandpa likes them, my dad likes them, my male cousin saw their last concert, my history teacher likes them, I like them!

These are all straight men.

I don't understand why they would be associated with being gay, maybe because there are women in this band? I don't know, it is strange.

But, I still don't think many people think of Fleetwood Mac fans as gay. I, also, have only heard of this on the internet. Cher, Madonna, those kind of singers might be linked to being gay, but Fleetwood Mac? I don't understand why.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
They should have tried to snag SDMHA. Doubt that Tom would let it go for cheap, but still....
Tom's not a hard-ass and he isn't greedy, so I'm sure he would've let it go.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

But, I still don't think many people think of Fleetwood Mac fans as gay. I, also, have only heard of this on the internet. Cher, Madonna, those kind of singers might be linked to being gay, but Fleetwood Mac? I don't understand why

I dont think its FM per se that draw in the gay following, I think its probably Stevie as an individual, so those gay people who do take a shining to Stevie will obviously be exposed to FM aswell.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The same guy(s) who did Gypsy 83 also did a film called "Edge of Seventeen," which was very good. Blockbuster has it. It's another coming of age film about homosexuality.

I don't believe Stevie's management even told her about Gypsy 83, since I don't believe that Stevie would object to a song or two being used. But it doesn't seem like the producers could have afforded more than one anyway. Remember that interview Stevie did where she mentioned that she would LOVE to attend the Night of 1000 Stevie's? How cool would that be??

Old 01-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
Remember that interview Stevie did where she mentioned that she would LOVE to attend the Night of 1000 Stevie's? How cool would that be??

I wonder if she didnt say anything and tried to compete in the Stevie look alike contest if she would win? LOL In second place....

nevermind.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by goldustboi
I dont think its FM per se that draw in the gay following, I think its probably Stevie as an individual, so those gay people who do take a shining to Stevie will obviously be exposed to FM aswell.

i think a lot of peeps associate Stevie as "being" Fleetwood Mac....sort of how Debbie Harry was always defined as being "Blondie"....the big difference though, is that Debbie Harry was really the main front person of that group. Fleetwood Mac, at least the Rumours lineup, had three front people. Still, i think because of Stevie's image and the fact that she was front and center on stage alluded to people thinking she was the sole front person. And, my opinion, her music/writing was the most interesting....not saying it's better, but it stood out the most...and i love most FM members. Therefore, if she stands out the most and she attracts a gay following, then the rest of the band falls into that too.

I really doubt that FM is viewed as gay music...that is the most absurd thing i've ever heard of....unless people are referring to "gay" as being lame, fartsy, or anything else not related to the homosexual definition of the word.

Anyone's music can be "gay" then....anything that's mellow could be considered "gay"....anyone that makes that kind of a comment is ignorant.

If someone wants to rephrase it and say that Stevie or FM have a large gay following, i don't even know if that's accurate either. I would say Stevie more than FM, if anything...but by no means would i even compare her to Cher, Streisand, or Miller (Bette)....I think those singers have a large gay following because of their openness to the whole gay thing....Stevie doesn't really speak that much about the subject...I think if she were more open about it, she could have a much larger gay fanbase.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When asked - she has pretty much always said she is glad her music is liked by all types of people. She did say once however, that she saw a 6'5" or so drag queen on the front row of a concert and she wanted to go up and just talk to him about drag, etc. How funny would it be to see a big 6'5" drag queen with 5'4" Stevie in hells!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
If someone wants to rephrase it and say that Stevie or FM have a large gay following, i don't even know if that's accurate either. I would say Stevie more than FM, if anything...but by no means would i even compare her to Cher, Streisand, or Miller (Bette)....I think those singers have a large gay following because of their openness to the whole gay thing....Stevie doesn't really speak that much about the subject...I think if she were more open about it, she could have a much larger gay fanbase.
Well, Midler did perform her act in the showers of gay men.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Well, Midler did perform her act in the showers of gay men.
I somewhere have a recording of that! Let's just say she was having a good if not great time - in the middle of a snow dream!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I somewhere have a recording of that! Let's just say she was having a good if not great time - in the middle of a snow dream!

I have a bootleg video of one of those early shows and she gets so into what she doing that her boobs pop out of her top and she doesn't realize it until quite awhile afterwards...and then only put one back in. It wasn't like anyone was going to make a pass at her.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How funny would it be to see a big 6'5" drag queen with 5'4" Stevie in hells!!!!!!
See Fleetwood, Mick
Oh, that's drama queen.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
She did say once however, that she saw a 6'5" or so drag queen on the front row of a concert and she wanted to go up and just talk to him about drag, etc. How funny would it be to see a big 6'5" drag queen with 5'4" Stevie in hells!!!!!!
I would love to read this.......

oh! lol, you said "Stevie in HELLS"

Maria