User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Oh yeah, there are tons of obscure and cult bands who do really wonderful jobs remixing/remastering/reissuing/expanding their catalogues. Look at the great Talking Heads Brick that came out last year. Look at the Rhino reissues of Elvis Costello's entire catalogue up to 1996. Even Dinosaur Jr. is remastering and expanding a bunch of their albums for reissue. When were any of these people ever as popular as the Rumours line-up of Fleetwood Mac? It's ridiculous, and utterly thoughtless on the part of everyone involved with the band.

That's why I can't stand it when some of these Fleetwood Mac fan apologists chime in whenever anybody suggests a good idea by saying, "Oh, well, you can't expect them to do that, nobody would buy it, it wouldn't make any money." It's total bull****. In this age of niche marketing, I'm sure there are people just dying to give Fleetwood Mac's catalogue an overhaul, or put out a DVD of their videos or some archival concert footage or something, anything! That Buckingham Nicks to this day has never been released on CD is utter stupidity. What is wrong with this band?

As always with this crew, I'll believe it when I see it on the shelves. Until then, I'm not holding my breath for a second.
I find it depressing that my two favourite bands (Black Sabbath and Fleetwood Mac) are both in the same position as far as stuff like this is concerned. Both bands must have MASSES of unreleased concert footage or audio they could clean up and release (Deep Purple sure do, so I bet Mac must have even more since they were bigger). And neither bands full catalogue has been fully remastered and in Black Sabbath's case only the first 8 albums have been well remastered, the other few are not really well remastered and certainly would be nice to see them get expanded as well with out-takes.

I would love rare concert footage of some good shows, and I'd jump though hoops to hear out-takes from Mirage and TITN. They could make money from remastering those albums, it seems strange they haven't.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Don't Stop

Lindsey Buckingham
Second Hand News
Tusk
Go your Own Way

Stevie Nicks
Dreams