Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

Default Gold Dust Woman

I find it interesting that Stevie sometimes says she doesn't know what GDW is about, and other times that it's about cocaine. I read a 1970's quote from Stevie as saying this:

"It's about women who stand around and give me and Christine dirty looks, but as soon as a man walks in the room, are overcome with smiles".
Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacwoodFleet View Post
I find it interesting that Stevie sometimes says she doesn't know what GDW is about, and other times that it's about cocaine. I read a 1970's quote from Stevie as saying this:

"It's about women who stand around and give me and Christine dirty looks, but as soon as a man walks in the room, are overcome with smiles".
So it's about CAH?

I jest, I jest...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
So it's about CAH?

I jest, I jest...
I don't know, but I want to know the meaning of CAH! Sorry, even when song titles are posted as abbreviations, I'm completely lost at times!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know, but I want to know the meaning of CAH! Sorry, even when song titles are posted as abbreviations, I'm completely lost at times!
Not a song title! Carol Ann Harris.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hah you're not alone! Everytime I see "OSOTM" my mind goes blank for like 10 minutes
Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Not a song title! Carol Ann Harris.
Oh that is interesting, very interesting. I've always read what a sweet lady CAH always was, so maybe before Stevie could pick up the pizzas and go home, she had to get a few things off of her chest first. Cool!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh that is interesting, very interesting. I've always read what a sweet lady CAH always was, so maybe before Stevie could pick up the pizzas and go home, she had to get a few things off of her chest first. Cool!
Pizzas - how flipping funny is that
Old 04-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you read her book? It might change your view of her My impression of her, from reading it, is that she was a bit of a madam. Although, she does fascinate me in her own little way.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Have you read her book? It might change your view of her My impression of her, from reading it, is that she was a bit of a madam. Although, she does fascinate me in her own little way.
No, I haven't read it, but now that you've got me curious I'll have to order it today!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Alpena News

My List of 100 Songs You HAVE to Know

Time Out! December 15, 2014 - Eric Benac

http://www.thealpenanews.com/page/bl...E-to-Know.html

Fleetwood Mac “Gold Dust Woman” – My favorite Mac song combines low key instrumentation and a grumbling Stevie Nicks vocalization to create a creepy, puzzling atmosphere.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:36 PM

There are so many amazing things about Gold Dust Woman. I think it's the perfect way to end the album.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WELL, well.

That means that Stevie thinks she was sexier, as was Christine her friend, was much much more sexy than those silly women who walked in the room.

You know why the pair thought that?

The other women were cheap, to Stevie anyways.

A strong feisty woman is the best kind

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with Macwood Fleet sometimes it takes so long to work out the abbreviations...I give up on the comments.
But then I am old !!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie's songs are usually a mishmash of various influences, so you can assign any meaning or subject matter to them; that's what she does. She may have a source of inspiration for a song, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a linear narrative in the song itself. What "it's about" is as abstract as a impressionistic painting; if you study it for a while, you formulate your own meaning.

Her quote, cited above, is a great example of her twisted muse. She has stories in head that aren't ever fully articulated.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-16-2014 at 06:39 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Stevie's songs are usually a mishmash of various influences, so you can assign any meaning or subject matter to them; that's what she does. She may have a source of inspiration for a song, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a linear narrative in the song itself. What "it's about" is as abstract as a impressionistic painting; if you study it for a while, you formulate your own meaning.

Her quote, cited above, is a great example of her twisted muse. She has stories in head that aren't ever fully articulated.
very true. she said once it was one of her premonition songs...she was suddenly around all these people who were doing serious amounts of drugs and they affected her. She wasn't an addict yet but I think she was seeing the possibility of becoming one.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...