User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and here we go again. personal bias and negativity.
I'm sorry, BUT what part of this is bias or negative?? Fact is, the Mac is NOT the Mac without Stevie (and quite frankly Lindsey) . That ship sailed 40 years ago with Rumors and the White Album. I can't imagine a single promoter who'd touch the "Mac" without Stevie. That's no bias or negativity, just the facts .

When Lindsey and Stevie signed on to the Mac in the mid 70s, all bets were OFF as to the future of the band. They are "inextricably connected". Lose one of the two (Lindzers or Stevie) and the band is done!!
Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
I'm sorry, BUT what part of this is bias or negative?? Fact is, the Mac is NOT the Mac without Stevie (and quite frankly Lindsey) .
I'll keep that in mind when I listen to "Bare Trees" a little later tonight.

The FACT is the 2014-15 tour was MUCH bigger than the 2013. Stevie and Lindsey were on both tours, only one singer wasn't. Stevie, while being the big name and the big solo career, had the fewest top-10 hits (2), followed by Lindsey (3), and then Christine (4).

It's like CSN vs. CSNY. Neil is the undisputed star of the band, but it's still viable when he's not there because he didn't necessarily define their sound.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why don't we forget about the past since
we can't change it. Then we can lay the
blame at the feet of the person who is only
thinking about themselves right now.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'll keep that in mind when I listen to "Bare Trees" a little later tonight.

The FACT is the 2014-15 tour was MUCH bigger than the 2013. Stevie and Lindsey were on both tours, only one singer wasn't. Stevie, while being the big name and the big solo career, had the fewest top-10 hits (2), followed by Lindsey (3), and then Christine (4).

It's like CSN vs. CSNY. Neil is the undisputed star of the band, but it's still viable when he's not there because he didn't necessarily define their sound.
It' true. With B/N they were having a hard time selling out arenas, Staples case in point. When Christine came back, they did 7 sold out shows in LA!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
and here we go again. personal bias and negativity.
I don't know why you think SN fans are bitter.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't know why you think SN fans are bitter.
Because they can't imagine a FM without their queen. We've all dealt with FM minus Chris or Lindsey, but they're not having it. The band doesn't exist without old what's her name!
Old 12-21-2016, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just to fill in the timeline - if you look at the "2017 tour" thread, you will see that there's a talk about either FM 4 or at least Christine and Lindsey touring their new album in 2017. i really hope that happens - only in that case "EVERYONE will be happy including the band".

timeline fits - if they are about finished with the album, they should be able to put it out in spring 2017 and start the tour at the same time. they have the whole 2017 to tour it!

i'm glad to hear about possible Australian tour in 2017 for Stevie, that would make above even more feasible. there's no reason for the band to sit out the whole 2017.
Yes, (i didn't explain myself well) FM 4some should release their music asap, like early next year, then a smallish tour behind their new album mid 2017, while Stevie does her solo shows.. she likes to come here around middle of Nov, so gives the rest of Mac plenty of time to do something between now and then.. A few pro's and con's, and bit of weighing up to do, i wish them luck
Old 12-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's face it, Stevie is 75% of the Mac and Lindsey is the other 25%. Without Stevie, FM is dead in the water!!!
Oh please. Maybe that's the way you feel about this band, but I don't think you'll find much agreement on this board. All those exclamation points and "let's face it" don't turn your opinion into fact, and they don't make the rest of us change our minds to agree with you.

Quote:
Show of hands: Who would go to a FM show without Stevie in the lineup?? Yeah, thought so!!!
If you read through the recent threads, you will see there are many, many fans here who would not only go to a FM show without Stevie, but would be absolutely thrilled to see that lineup. Meanwhile Stevie fans should be happy too, because their goddess is out on her own doing her own thing. Why is this not a win/win for everybody?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Stevie can contribute her cowbell skills to a track and then the project can still can considered a FM album.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
If you read through the recent threads, you will see there are many, many fans here who would not only go to a FM show without Stevie, but would be absolutely thrilled to see that lineup.
Maybe, but they are the minority and it would be pointless and frankly stupid to debate otherwise.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Maybe, but they are the minority and it would be pointless and frankly stupid to debate otherwise.
Or not.

If you don't want to debate it . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
If that's the case, why is "They should finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her" winning the poll on the other thread, with almost half the votes cast, and "The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album" is in second place in the voting?

The folks who are casting those votes are saying they want to see FM go on without her, either in the short term or permanently.

I will reiterate my puzzlement as to why so many Stevie fans seem to have a need to try to convince the rest of us that their opinions are facts.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Given the chance, not only would I take Mrs Plum to see them, I might be able to get decent enough tickets at a decent price to take the kids too. It's always been too expensive to properly 'educate' them in the past.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Maybe Stevie can contribute her cowbell skills to a track and then the project can still can considered a FM album.
Yes something like this:
MORE COWBELL!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kx9MdYYx7o
Old 12-21-2016, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Stevie became the public face of Fleetwood Mac over the past two decades. It's not like Christine wasn't retired or semi-retired for nearly two and a half decades. Aside from a short tour for The Dance, Christine didn't tour between 1991 and most of 2014.

Meanwhile, Stevie was almost always on the road, doing promotions on various news and talk shows, and constantly doing whatever it would take to get her name out there. Stevie is the only one who ever seriously pursued a solo career, aligning herself with relevant artists of the day, and was able to establish an identity outside of Fleetwood Mac. But, that identity isn't bigger than Fleetwood Mac.

During the actual heyday, Christine was the dominant force in the band. She had ten of Fleetwood Mac's eighteen top-40 singles. She was the voice of the band. People haven't necessarily forgotten that, hence the huge spike in ticket sales when she came back.

(And, so help me God don't bring up Time. The label knew that Christine wasn't going to tour or promote it and that Mick and Lindsey were working together again in the studio by the time the album was done. Why sink money into promoting that album when the ice appeared to be melting with the Rumours lineup?)

THE Stephen Hopkins