User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMcCrudden View Post
I need to address this already cause i've seen people already throw up their arms over this:

she didn't mention 'Mr Useless' in association with his musical ability... only that at the time when they were poor and Stevie had to work multiple jobs and he worked on the music, he worked on the music cause the only thing he wasnt useless at at the time was their music...

so pull yourselves together before you attack her for calling him that because it has nothing to do with LB musical ability

No I just think it's very funny...I don't think she's talking about him musically...
It's just funny.
To call Lindsey, Mr Useless. Did she roll her eyes too?
She might, however be having a general dig at him.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The endlessly fascinating Stevie-Lindsey dynamic. I don't think Stevie is too careful about what she says, it just comes out And I can't see him being Mr Tactful around her either.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
uh, yeah, we get that.

it's more the point that she uses it as in "you're too delicate and completely unable to do anything so you just stay home and work on music and I'll go out and make the money and come home and cook the dinner". Which is a lot of work for sure, but the point being made is that if they had had to rely on HER to have the skill and discipline to spend hours arranging their songs, they'd have been up sh&t's creek. So frankly, he could just as easily turn around and call HER "Miss Useless" who couldn't do anything to arrange and record their songs "so you just go out and wait tables and clean toilets and I'll do the stuff that's going to make our career successful".
They each had different and necessary skill sets that contributed to them being successful, and she chose to take a stab at him in this interview. It was all almost 40 years ago and you'd think they'd have moved past that crap by now.
you nailed it and the whole thing is really so unnecessary. How many times has Stevie mentioned in interviews that she worked while Lindsey practiced. We get it. You supported him. It was a million years ago. In reality, he was her meal ticket and she knew it so she'd better get out there and support him. I'm just tired of her bringing it up constantly, with that air of superiority.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 08-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Ledgie

This was obviously heavily edited into sound bytes, so she could have said a lot of other things around the "Mr. Useless" comments that we'll never hear. Let it go, people.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemelin View Post
This was obviously heavily edited into sound bytes, so she could have said a lot of other things around the "Mr. Useless" comments that we'll never hear. Let it go, people.
Agreed! Watch it for yourselves. It's not a mean poke at Lindz NOW. It's just a jokey mention to how she got a job while lindz stayed at home and worked on becoming a better guitarist.
(it's around the 5 min mark)

Old 08-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

That comes through clearly. But that's not why some people, including myself, are pointing it out. No matter what the context, the comment seems bitter and harsh, perhaps an attempt to be dryly funny (which she often is) that lands on the side of petty and spiteful. I might not have felt this way had the rest of her interview seemed more relaxed, but she was pretty angry elsewhere, too. The comment about wanting to run towards her former psychotherapist and kill him is an example. Her frustration over losing eight years of her life is understandable. The devastation must be real. But she's been saying things to this effect for about 17 years, and the comments only get harsher and harsher, suggesting that she can't seem to move on. This is ironically robbing her of more time.

She's been complaining about LB not being employable for decades, too. Some of the comments back in the day, such as the "hamburger helper" comment from a Wild Heart interview in '83 were hilarious, proof of her acerbic wit. But the comments not only persist but get harsher, more aggressive.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Agreed! Watch it for yourselves. It's not a mean poke at Lindz NOW. It's just a jokey mention to how she got a job while lindz stayed at home and worked on becoming a better guitarist.
(it's around the 5 min mark)
​Yes I agree with you 100%. It's been blown out of all epic proportion into a full on character assassination. I honestly don't sense a bitter and angry women in this interview or the others. It's just Stevie saying Stevie things, in her way, as she has been doing for the last 40 years. She's angry at losing 8 years of her life to Klonopin, and is expressing that strongly, but does anyone actually believe she would really kill the therapist Its just a (very strong) figure of speech. If she still feels angry about that and expresses that, why is that a problem to anyone?

I don't know...I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to type all this...this will all fall mostly on deaf ears. Stevie haters will find anything to beat her with, and it's not going to change. I guess I just find it strange that people are so invested in hating someone so much
Old 08-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Just realised some of my post probably doesn't make sense...

I was trying to say... I don't get the sense that in general Stevie is an angry and bitter person.
She clearly is still angry about the Klonopin/therapist - and is very happy to let everyone know that.
I don't detect anywhere else in the interview or her other interviews a general overriding anger or bitterness. She just wants to carry on singing as long as her vocal chords will still allow that doesn't strike me as something a bitter person would say.

But who knows...maybe I'm wrong and I just don't have a clue

Last edited by MoonSister75; 08-15-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Having listened to the clip again, she's definitely saying this as a fond jokey memory.....she's not having a dig at all.
She's smiling remembering something in the past...like "hey do you remember when you were such a nerd". etc etc.
Admittedly she does remember it quite frequently.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
​Yes I agree with you 100%. It's been blown out of all epic proportion into a full on character assassination. I honestly don't sense a bitter and angry women in this interview or the others. It's just Stevie saying Stevie things, in her way, as she has been doing for the last 40 years. She's angry at losing 8 years of her life to Klonopin, and is expressing that strongly, but does anyone actually believe she would really kill the therapist Its just a (very strong) figure of speech. If she still feels angry about that and expresses that, why is that a problem to anyone?

I don't know...I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to type all this...this will all fall mostly on deaf ears. Stevie haters will find anything to beat her with, and it's not going to change. I guess I just find it strange that people are so invested in hating someone so much
I agree with you in part. I don't think she sounded bitter or angry at all. I also think she was trying to be funny. HOWEVER, Lindsey is not useless and was busting his butt for them to make it in the music industry. So its a wasted joke because it makes no sense. What it does show is her unresolved bitterness towards Lindsey that will never go away. Playing guitar all day is what led Stevie Nicks to join one of the most successful rock bands in history. Its time for her to be a little grateful. Its almost time to rehearse for one last tour. Give it a rest. We can also see why she chose not to record with the band.
Just imagine for a second if Lindsey would have said something like "Stevie was Miss Useless back in those days HA HA. She was not a musician so she cleaned toilets while I worked on our music all day. OUCH Its just silly after all these years to say such stuff.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-15-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
^^Just realised some of my post probably doesn't make sense...

I was trying to say... I don't get the sense that in general Stevie is an angry and bitter person.
She clearly is still angry about the Klonopin/therapist - and is very happy to let everyone know that.
I don't detect anywhere else in the interview or her other interviews a general overriding anger or bitterness. She just wants to carry on singing as long as her vocal chords will still allow that doesn't strike me as something a bitter person would say.

But who knows...maybe I'm wrong and I just don't have a clue
I don't think she's generally angry or bitter either (except like you said for the Klono-doctor), but she really needs to just let go of the past. I understand she gets asked about the past a lot, but the way she responds seems like someone who is still so invested in it.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just love how this board, like the world it seems, has devolved to where if someone has a different opinion than you do, they're a "hater".
Old 08-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Loved the concert footage. Please release soon!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting this Danielle!

Nothing made me happier than seeing that gold crescent moon around Chrissie's neck!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just love how this board, like the world it seems, has devolved to where if someone has a different opinion than you do, they're a "hater".
Welcome to my world on the other board.