Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer
This is hilarious. Andrew Clarke was never in the CoG. I don't know him, and I never met him in Latin America posing as me. My parents met him in England at a concert after he had taken off running! The guy was nuts.
Hope this clears it up a little.
Yes, that's me recording in Norway.

How wonderful it would be if more Mac members popped in from time to time to clear up little mysteries like these. Thank you, Jeremy, hope you are doing well, and congratulations on the release of the new album!

-Lis and Marty
Old 03-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default thanks

you are welcome. Thank you for the congrats, and to you too, for an excellent and informative site.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool! Hi, again, Jeremy! (I say "again", since you responded to one of my questions way back when you did the Q&A here a few years ago).

Ok, mini-Q&A time..now that you're new album is out, do you have any interest in releasing the CoG & Flee albums on CD? (there are pirated versions out there, but the quality is poor due to the transfer from well-worn LPs.) Pristine sounding CDs would be fantastic!

Also, to Marty & Lis, is there something we can do about Jeremy's "Ledgie" status? It just doesn't seem right that a Fleetwood Mac member have only a "Junior Ledgie" status.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Cool! Hi, again, Jeremy! (I say "again", since you responded to one of my questions way back when you did the Q&A here a few years ago).

Ok, mini-Q&A time..now that you're new album is out, do you have any interest in releasing the CoG & Flee albums on CD? (there are pirated versions out there, but the quality is poor due to the transfer from well-worn LPs.) Pristine sounding CDs would be fantastic!

Also, to Marty & Lis, is there something we can do about Jeremy's "Ledgie" status? It just doesn't seem right that a Fleetwood Mac member have only a "Junior Ledgie" status.
I'll have to tell Marty about that, as I am clueless as to how to change anything.... wouldn't wanna kick him off by accident LOL.

And also a big thanks to Jeremy for being our first brave Q&A guest all those years ago, wow. See what a neat trend he started?

-Lis
Old 03-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Ledgie

I love this place
Old 03-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Here are two photos from the article......
You know, I have that Gibson "burst" book somewhere and I never believed Peter wrote that intro. That words and phrasing just seem all wrong.

Nice to see Jeremy pop up here, nice to hear you are fit and well. What with John McVie still in "Q&A mode" and the odd visit from Bob Welch it's getting more common for the guys to stop by..

Health and happiness Jeremy.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default mini answers to q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD

What questions did u ask me? I don't remember this. Another impostor? Was it on the Ledge? I only just logged onto this site! But I'll answer ur questions.

I would be interested in redoing some choice songs from those albums, I already have ideas. Unfortunately the original 16 track tapes of the COG album got destroyed in a fire, otherwise I would have enjoyed getting in there and being in on a hefty remix.
The Atlantic one I would personally like to let die a natural death so I can have another go at a couple of them that could be more how I would like them.
Hope that answers, Chili!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wanted to say that it's great to have you here, Jeremy!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I agree, I don't mean to turn this thread into a JS Q&A but I wasn't here for the actual Q&A so thought I'd try my luck here

Hi Jeremy, we've had some discussions here about different stories on who played the piano on "Oh well part 2" (some understood it was you, others Christine, some feel it may have been Peter himself), from the B-side of the single. Do you recall playing on it? I'm working on the new Penguin discography & it'd be a great help to get clarification on this so we know which artists to link specifically to that performance of the song.

Also, when were "Who's knocking" & "Look down at my woman" recorded? They've only shown up on Immediate records compilations & there was speculation that these (along with "Mean old fireman" & "Allow me one more show") were among the tracks from the Levi Set demo you had sent to Mike Vernon. Can you recall if this is accurate or were they in fact recordings you made with FM (i.e. who is on the brushes on LD@MW)?

Thanks in advance.

John

P.S. I got my copy of the new album too & think it's great! I recommend it to all here too.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default another from the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
I agree, I don't mean to turn this thread into a JS Q&A but I wasn't here for the actual Q&A so thought I'd try my luck here

Hi Jeremy, we've had some discussions here about different stories on who played the piano on "Oh well part 2" (some understood it was you, others Christine, some feel it may have been Peter himself), from the B-side of the single. Do you recall playing on it? I'm working on the new Penguin discography & it'd be a great help to get clarification on this so we know which artists to link specifically to that performance of the song.

Also, when were "Who's knocking" & "Look down at my woman" recorded? They've only shown up on Immediate records compilations & there was speculation that these (along with "Mean old fireman" & "Allow me one more show") were among the tracks from the Levi Set demo you had sent to Mike Vernon. Can you recall if this is accurate or were they in fact recordings you made with FM (i.e. who is on the brushes on LD@MW)?

Thanks in advance.

John

P.S. I got my copy of the new album too & think it's great! I recommend it to all here too.
So glad u likethe album. I enjoy it too, even after many listens.
Okay, your questions! I was wondering when this one would come up, as I was looking at this site's debate over this!
Yes, that's the old 'horse' himself playing piano on Oh Well Pt 2. Peter had to insist I do it because I wasn't sure. He knew I loved the soundtracks to the Ben Hur and King of Kings movies, and that I would (secretly) tinker around with similar melodies on the piano.

'Who's Knocking' and 'Look down at my Woman' on Blues Anytime anthology was recorded with my first band, the Levi Set at Decca Studios in the spring of 67. Ian Charles did the brushes on Woman. We did a couple of other tracks, The Sky is Crying, and I think Travelling Riverside. Long gone probably.

Mean Old Fireman, Allow me one more show, Love that Woman etc. were all recorded after I was with FM, either in CBS or Decca studios.

Ahhh, feels good to clear that up!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great to hear your answers on these questions, Jeremy! Thanks for the info
Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, your questions! I was wondering when this one would come up, as I was looking at this site's debate over this!
Yes, that's the old 'horse' himself playing piano on Oh Well Pt 2. Peter had to insist I do it because I wasn't sure. He knew I loved the soundtracks to the Ben Hur and King of Kings movies, and that I would (secretly) tinker around with similar melodies on the piano.
Well, that clears it up once and for all. And, welcome to the Ledge, Jeremy.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So glad u likethe album. I enjoy it too, even after many listens.

'Who's Knocking' and 'Look down at my Woman' on Blues Anytime anthology was recorded with my first band, the Levi Set at Decca Studios in the spring of 67. Ian Charles did the brushes on Woman. We did a couple of other tracks, The Sky is Crying, and I think Travelling Riverside. Long gone probably.

Mean Old Fireman, Allow me one more show, Love that Woman etc. were all recorded after I was with FM, either in CBS or Decca studios.

Ahhh, feels good to clear that up!
Feels good to have it cleared up!

It's so cool that you remember details from so long ago - one or two other Mac members (who shall remain nameless) tend to have forgotten everything!

One thing I was wondering was if there are any recordings from your time travelling around the world - I remember reading that you did some recordings in Brazil - were any of those released at the time?

I'll add to the thumbs-up for the new album as well - it's getting better with each time I listen to it
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
It's so cool that you remember details from so long ago - one or two other Mac members (who shall remain nameless) tend to have forgotten everything!
I agree, I mean, I know they don't want to come across as "oh, look what I've done" but...

Anyways, thanks Jeremy, I'll go fix the discog now. I particularly love the title track to the new album, I think you could give Mark Knopfler a run for his money!

John
Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Js?

OK, probably a long shot but just thought I'd try in case Jeremy is still here.

Hi Jeremy,

I've been trying to update the new Penguin discography & I was hoping you could give more info on the live India CD & video.

First, the video:

http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=753

Was this ever actually released? I was lucky to come across one of the CD's but I've checked with friends I have in Thailand (who were able to get me the CD) & they didn't think it was ever released but I know of one person who has the video & they seemed to think it WAS released. Can you clarify? It sure made it easiER for me to find the CD version once you said where it was released in your Q&A way back when.

Whatever the case, would you consider (re)releasing it on DVD? I really love the show & it'd be great to put pictures to the audio (not to mention that it'd be great to hear/see the Heart To Heart tracks not available on the CD). Like the CD, any profits could go to the great organizations that the funds went to before (or new charities you may prefer now)? Just an idea.

Regarding the CD:

http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=114

The copy I have has a different cover/title & has 1999 as the year (I’ll post it later). Since it was bought at the original release source it must be legit (& not counterfeit/bootleg) & another copy I’ve seen which appeared identical to mine has the same details/artwork etc.

Is the cover title on the discography listing the way it came out in India? Just wondering if maybe the Thai copies differed.

Anyways, again, any clarification you can give on this would be great so we can make sure we have the most accurate information about such rare recordings on the site.

Thanks in advance for any answers you provide on this (fingers & toes crossed you’re still here to answer).
John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 04-13-2006 at 10:44 AM..