User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Just came home from Londen (spent a few extra days).

The initial question was: how early to arrive at Hyde Park?

Well ... EARLY

i had a Gold-circle ticket with early entry. I showed up at the gates shortly after noon and i received an upgrade-bracelet to Diamond and ended up upfront (row 2 or something) and it was stunning! Waited 28 years for another solo-concert on my side of the pond and it was magic. I cried!

Her true fans seemed to be gathered upfront, the atmosphere was just there! I can not speak for the 60k people behind us, but is was fabulous. Surprised by her setlist and she apologised for not telling her stories :-)

Of course there was her cameo in Tom's set and we expected her to return for American Girl, but she didn't.

Made some great pics though ... (maybe you might have seen them on FB :-)

EDIT: Well, it's a bit cropped. Will work out a better version tomorrow :-)
Oh my goodness - you have no idea how much I am trying not to kick myself right now

I arrived at 1.30 and the first security man told me there were probably a few wristbands left to get to the front of the stage, and to go the man on the left after the security check. I must have headed to the wrong man giving out wristbands, as I when I mentioned this to him, he looked like he didn't know what I was talking about and said - yes here you go a Gold wristband. To be honest I didn't think anymore about it (until now!!!) but I think I remember another man further to the left of the entry. Why I was not more on the ball about this, I'll never know.

I was just so happy to be at the festival I didn't give it another thought, but I was looking in envy at the diamond section as I was squashed up in at the front of the gold section for Stevie's set..

Never mind, I still had a great time. But wow, it sounds like you had a magical time indeed
Old 07-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Oh my goodness - you have no idea how much I am trying not to kick myself right now

I arrived at 1.30 and the first security man told me there were probably a few wristbands left to get to the front of the stage, and to go the man on the left after the security check.
I was directed to the very left side of the south-gate initially and when I passed security I kept the left lane. The girl overthere gave me the bracelet. She told me that she had around 30 left ... (of the initial 300 that were available so I heard).

Two of my Facebook-Stevie-friends had Garden Tickets and I tried to upgrade to Garden at the box-office. No luck. All sold out. They were allowed to enter as well, but couldn't get out. Our other friends got also an upgrade and around 4 o'clock one of the girls managed to talk/sneak in another girl as well ... it was very nice to be with a group of 6 devoted fans, there were fans for both Stevie and Tom from all over Europe I guess.

I was by myself and if it wasn't for that group I don't think I could handle this afternoon from 12 till 10 in the evening. No we could easily get in and out for drinks, food en toiletvisitings, without being scared of losing your spot ... :-)
Old 07-12-2017, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I went in the second left lane, where a man was waiting with wristbands. In the very left lane no one was immediately there - just someone further down the lane. It was possible that by 1.30 there weren't any upgrade tickets left, but I feel now that if I'd been more pushy at the entry point, I might have got one. Usually I'm a bit more aware of this kind of thing, and would have tried a bit harder.

I was on my own as well, ​so it wasn't too difficult getting through the crowd to the front of the gold section - I did it a few times to go to the toilet or get a drink. But by the time Tom Petty came on it was too crowded in there and I stood to the back.

Great that you had some friends there to keep your spot. I almost asked a friend from London to go with me, but she isn't a FM or Stevie fan. She tends to get very drunk and then talk incessantly, and I just decided that I didn't want that in the end.

I'm glad you had a great time - you deserve it after waiting 28 years to see her again! I haven't been a fan for so long, and feel happy I got to see her in Hyde Park - somewhere I know and love, as I went to university just around the corner from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I was directed to the very left side of the south-gate initially and when I passed security I kept the left lane. The girl overthere gave me the bracelet. She told me that she had around 30 left ... (of the initial 300 that were available so I heard).

Two of my Facebook-Stevie-friends had Garden Tickets and I tried to upgrade to Garden at the box-office. No luck. All sold out. They were allowed to enter as well, but couldn't get out. Our other friends got also an upgrade and around 4 o'clock one of the girls managed to talk/sneak in another girl as well ... it was very nice to be with a group of 6 devoted fans, there were fans for both Stevie and Tom from all over Europe I guess.

I was by myself and if it wasn't for that group I don't think I could handle this afternoon from 12 till 10 in the evening. No we could easily get in and out for drinks, food en toiletvisitings, without being scared of losing your spot ... :-)
Old 08-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are few new videos I made in this show on youtube
I added few from concert in Cologne in 2015 too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/matthewsnicksfan/videos

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
There are few new videos I made in this show on youtube
I added few from concert in Cologne in 2015 too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/matthewsnicksfan/videos
Thank you so much!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.