Addicted Ledgie

Default Scranton, Camden, & Hershey Cancelled/Postponed

We can officially confirm that the following shows have been postponed:

Tue-06/01/2004- Scranton at Montage Mountain
Thu-06/03/2004- Camden at Tweeter Center
Sat-06/05/2004- Hershey at Hersheypark Stadium

Scranton will be rescheduled on June 10th
Hershey will be rescheduled on June 12th
Camden maybe rescheduled, stay tuned to Fleetwood Mac.com for more info.

The following shows have been canceled:
Thu-06/10/2004- Pittsburg PA at the Post-Gazette Pavilion
Sat-06/12/2004- Tinley Park IL at the Tweeter Center

Although not stated the bottom two shows were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

Last edited by John Run; 06-02-2004 at 03:23 PM..
Old 06-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the deal Pittsburgh and Chicago were 50% and under sold 10 days out from the event date. The two rescheduled shows were 85-90% plus sold. With the obvious stress that Stevie's voice is under it made sense to dump the shows that were going to be losses and consolidate the schedule with the more profitable shows.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run
Here is the deal Pittsburgh and Chicago were 50% and under sold 10 days out from the event date. The two rescheduled shows were 85-90% plus sold. With the obvious stress that Stevie's voice is under it made sense to dump the shows that were going to be losses and consolidate the schedule with the more profitable shows.
Regrettable, but understandable if they could not make up all shows, etc. It is all just sad, very sad IMO. I hope Stevie, if it is her, get better soon!!!!! I wish them and her nothing but positive thoughts

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN....I'm disappointed, but obviously I understand. It's great that they rescheduled it, esp to another Saturday; however, I have a wedding in Lancaster that day. I have to recheck the time of the wedding, but I doubt I'll make the concert. At least I got to see them twice last year.
I really, really hope that things get better for them, esp. Stevie's throat. Part of me wants to say they should just bag the rest of the tour, rest up and get on with the next album.

Hopefully this'll be the last of the cancellations/postponements...

Carol
Old 06-02-2004, 03:28 PM
joe

wow.

looks like Jones Beach is the next show. i guess we'll have to stay tuned to see if that one happens. i have a feeling it will. it's NY and i would think they would want to go through with it. i doubt ticket sales are low for that one.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pretty sad to see Chicago got drug into this one! Well maybe if they would of done 3 shows there instread of 5 then it would be fine! IMO
Old 06-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Holy crap! Looks like when I fly out to New York on Friday I won't even know if the show I'm going there for (Jones Beach on Sunday) will still be happening! Eep!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

F*CK!

Who thinks I can make the Hershey show next Saturday, leave right from there, drive home for 6 hours & make my Goddaughter's christening at 10:30am on Sunday?

Paula
Old 06-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You can!

Paula...you can do it!

If you leave right after the show and drink a lot of coffee you can make it home ....

Reebokandlace
Old 06-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

This is a total kick in the balls for me because I'm scheduled to go to an Aerosmith concert on the 12th in Atlantic City...so now I have to choose which one to go to. I'll be sitting at one or the other wondering why I didn't choose the other one...talk about frustrating. But I guess we just have to hope Stevie gets well.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Post Gazette is a huge venue and it sells out around 24,000 so if it sold 50% then that is still around 12,000 tickets. I think that is a large amount of people. Most venues do not hold that many people and the Post Gazette only has a couple of sell outs each year. Aerosmith only had about 13,000 last year but you didnt see them cancelling the show. It is just a huge venue and I am disappointed that it is all about money but oh well.

Here's to hoping I can get some good Cleveland seats.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default disappointment falls in your path..

hmmm.. first, my Nissan show is axed, now Camden, and I am headed to Chicago next week for work and was considering going to the Tinley Park show.. oh well..

it's funny, and I don't mean to be insensitive to Stevie's voice problems, but it seems as if that is only a part of it. I was listening to the Raleigh show and Stevie was "thanking the audience for supporting this band.." and we have.. I have since 1976.. but it really boils down to the money, I guess. I gladly paid the high ticket prices in order "to support this band so they can travel first class..." "a high price for their luxury.." I do want Stevie to be comfortable when she travels, but can't the band give up some of that $750,000 per show fee.. just to maybe.. support their fans..

the bottom line is.. I just wanted to hear "Sara" and "Red Rover.." oh well.. i'll guess I'll go pour a glass of red wine and smoke a joint.. and wait to buy the Boston DVD.. yep, I still support this band..

I'm just a little bummed tonight..
Old 06-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so frustrated.

I wasn't even going to this show in Camden because I had no money. I was so depressed I was staying away from the boards.

I was supposed to work the 3rd but I BEGGED OFF so I could perhaps still go.

My friend is friends with a broker and got good seats. This happened last night and they were getting shipped to him today.

Last night is the first I heard about any cancellations. WMGK kept talking about it and my co worker told me and I was shocked. Again I stayed away from the boards and then my computer broke Saturday. I HAD NO CLUE!

I'm just so frustrated I didn't know this was happening and that I went ahead blindly and got SO excited.

I know there are thousands of people in my boat. I guess things happens for a reason!!

As with everyone, again I wish Stevie the best and I hope she is resting at least. I know they don't want to cancel shows on us they just can't help it.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keith! I'm right there with ya! LOL
Old 06-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125

Here's to hoping I can get some good Cleveland seats.

If Hershey on the 12th is doable for you, you may want to try there. I just got third row seats around 5 p.m. today!