Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have joined Fleetwood Mac

Move along please ladies and gentlemen, nothing to see here...
Old 04-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) I'm disappointed Billy Burnette and Rick Vito weren't invited back, but I thought, they're not exactly young blood so it kind of makes sense. But then...

2) FM involved Mike Campbell and Neil Finn to join instead, and they're not exactly young blood either!

I wasn't expecting Harry Styles or Adam Levine, but yeah, I was thinking someone a little younger. Oh well!

Maybe we'll get to hear As Long As You Follow live now! Seriously, the only positive thing out of this is that we'll get to hear more Stevie and Christine material live. Brown Eyes, Straight Back, As Long As You Follow, Freedom, Save Me, Isn't It Midnight, and That's Alright would be awesome additions to the set.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
1) I'm disappointed Billy Burnette and Rick Vito weren't invited back, but I thought, they're not exactly young blood so it kind of makes sense. But then...

2) FM involved Mike Campbell and Neil Finn to join instead, and they're not exactly young blood either!

I wasn't expecting Harry Styles or Adam Levine, but yeah, I was thinking someone a little younger. Oh well!

Maybe we'll get to hear As Long As You Follow live now! Seriously, the only positive thing out of this is that we'll get to hear more Stevie and Christine material live. Brown Eyes, Straight Back, As Long As You Follow, Freedom, Save Me, Isn't It Midnight, and That's Alright would be awesome additions to the set.
They might feel like the need to play it even safer since Lindsey won't be there. I hope you're right, but I have a feeling they'll play a set similar to the Lindseyless Tango tour, which didn't have any surprises or deep cuts.

Kevin
Old 04-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I think the reason they were invited wasn't the newness factor nor the need to drawn younger people in, after all at this stage of their career they don't have to prove anything of the sort and in any case if the matter was the money then they would have kept Lindsey.
However how they changed their official profile I guess we'll be getting a lot of Rumours as always plus a lot of Early Fleetwood Mac too:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FFleetwoodMac%2Fposts%2F10156338692934138%3A0&width=50 0" width="500" height="575" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Old 04-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Ledgie

Unless Fleetwood Mac makes an official statement that Lindsey Buckingham has separated from the band and Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have joined, speculation remains speculation.

At the present, neither Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, nor Stevie Nicks have made an official statement through their websites and social media.

Neil Finn, through Facebook and Twitter, claims he has joined Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Ledgie

Im hoping for a different set list

It would be great to hear some of these songs

Brown Eyes, Straight Back, As Long As You Follow, All over again, Save Me, Isn't It Midnight, and That's Alright and some of the 60's hits like Man Of The World, Stop messin around, Oh Well, Hypnotized, I Loved Another Woman, Rattlesnake Shake, need your love so bad, green manalishi

If even 3 or 4 of these songs were included, i would buy tickets!!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Unless Fleetwood Mac makes an official statement that Lindsey Buckingham has separated from the band and Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have joined, speculation remains speculation.

At the present, neither Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, nor Stevie Nicks have made an official statement through their websites and social media.

Neil Finn, through Facebook and Twitter, claims he has joined Fleetwood Mac.
You know what, part of me still feels this may all be a joke and in my heart of heart I'm still waiting for a late April Fool's announcement.
However I have to say that the chances of this being true are increasing.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just changed Fleetwood Mac's Wikipedia page to reflect the fact that it is now a British-American-New Zealand band.

Isn't that weird?
Old 04-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You know what, part of me still feels this may all be a joke and in my heart of heart I'm still waiting for a late April Fool's announcement.

However I have to say that the chances of this being true are increasing.
Rolling Stone has reported the speculation as breaking news. Prior to the speculation and in recent years, Rolling Stone has lost almost all credibility in reporting solely on music news. When it focuses on everything not related to music, I do not waste my time reading its garbage.

When something official happens, I will comment.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I just changed Fleetwood Mac's Wikipedia page to reflect the fact that it is now a British-American-New Zealand band.

Isn't that weird?
Wikipedia is fun to read when its information is legitimate. It cannot be considered a legitimate source of information.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Never seen The Mac live, was expecting to miss them when they came to the UK for a final tour, just too expensive for a static setlist. No apologies, i love the band but ticket prices for all acts just too high.

I love Crowded House/Split Enz, seen Neil live before, solo, not with the band. And have 3 of the (now getting expensive) Crowded House deluxe editions due to arrive this week.

I love Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, saw them live in London 5 years ago. Pretty sure i was sat next to a relative of Mike Campbells during the show at the Albert Hall as the two of them kept communicating to each other.

The fact both are joining has made me more interested in the tour - that feels wrong to admit, Mr Fleetwood sure is trying to get cash from my wallet. Will see what the fallout from this news is over the coming days but as 2 new recruits to The Mac i cant think of anyone better. Time will tell.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Rolling Stone has reported the speculation as breaking news. Prior to the speculation and in recent years, Rolling Stone has lost almost all credibility in reporting solely on music news. When it focuses on everything not related to music, I do not waste my time reading its garbage.

When something official happens, I will comment.
That's true, part of the reason why I was still a bit sceptic is the new Fleetwood Mac logo I posted above, seeing the Penguin tending his ear as to hear the rumours seemed too much ironic; but the thing that makes me doubt is that there still hasn't been any retraction from any part, and I think the more time passes the more unlikely it will happen.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Ledgie

First, you cannot retract anything if you have not submitted anything.

Second, I have read about Fleetwood Mac wanting to tour and Lindsey wanting to release new albums solo and with the band. If I were Lindsey wanting to work on a Fleetwood Mac project, I would be in the studio working on a new album rather than touring with nothing new to promote. If I were not in the mood to tour, I would request a hiatus to do what I want to do and rejoin in the future.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
First, you cannot retract anything if you have not submitted anything.

Second, I have read about Fleetwood Mac wanting to tour and Lindsey wanting to release new albums solo and with the band. If I were Lindsey wanting to work on a Fleetwood Mac project, I would be in the studio working on a new album rather than touring with nothing new to promote. If I were not in the mood to tour, I would request a hiatus to do what I want to do and rejoin in the future.
Yes, I should have written "denial", sorry but English isn't my first language.
And yes, that's what I also think and wrote in the other thread, Lindsey might be taking his time off for his solo career just like Stevie and everyone in the web went ballistic.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
That's true, part of the reason why I was still a bit sceptic is the new Fleetwood Mac logo I posted above, seeing the Penguin tending his ear as to hear the rumours seemed too much ironic; but the thing that makes me doubt is that there still hasn't been any retraction from any part, and I think the more time passes the more unlikely it will happen.
Hi Dragon, I understand your reticence completely, but I don't think there's any way back now. Neil Finn is a fine musician and I like his work a lot, but I so wish this wasn't happening.

You might want to check Neil Finn's website and his twitter, which I did before making my amendment. Somebody else had already included him in the body of the text, so it felt OK to do make the amendment.

http://www.neilfinn.com/news/

https://twitter.com/NeilFinn

Sorry, don't know how to embed this.

Tweets
Tweets
Tweets, current page.
Tweets & replies Media

neil mullane finn

Verified account

@NeilFinn
3h
3 hours ago

More
Snow warnings for parts of the country, the mystery of Stonehenge solved and yes I’ve joined Fleetwood Mac