Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This basically confirms what I've always thought. She's dejected by the fact that albums don't sell and so she doesn't have the motivation to go in for the time and struggle of making a new FM album. I think it's been this way for a long time as well, I read a lot of her old interviews since around the time of In Your Dreams and I've always thought this.
Remember that radio interview she gave just after Street Angel in 1994? She was on a plane sitting near the producer Don Was, moping about the fact that music by the old farts wasn't selling well, so what was the point of recording again or even bothering to write any more songs?

This obsessive anxiety with record sales and customer response has haunted her for decades. On the other hand, then she says that making In Your Dreams was the most fun she's ever had in the studio. So what to believe? Everything she says? One year she's down on studios, the next year she's having a ball. There's no predicting her.

Quote:
It's a shame and a disappointment and I do hope they release it anyways but I can acknowledge it's very possible that that won't happen.
The Dance combines live playing of old songs and new songs. If they tour, they could always tour in a more controlled environment and play a bunch of new stuff, which you can sell online or in the trendy coffee houses. There's a billion ways to do things in music these days; you don't need to stick to the old paradigm. The five people in Fleetwood Mac have no idea how to be logistically innovative. They need a manager or an assistant in their camp to float the ideas.

Quote:
At least I think that Lindsey is comfortable in his solo projects so he'll be fine with it probably, if only disappointed, same with Christine, I think she might do a solo album as well sometime in the future.
I hope they don't all do that. Talk about your collective band "legacy" going down in flames. That's the 1990s all over again.

moviekinks.blogspot.com