The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2002, 10:04 PM
Ledgie

Default Alright, this has nothing to do w/anything, im just bored!!!!

Does anyone remember where you were during your day when u first heard about the stuff of September 11?? yeah, im sick of hearing aobut it too, but this is just for fun!!
I remember i was in choir w/everyone that i know like audra and lindsey, and i was like..whatever..i dont care, then i was like..crap this is a big deal!!!
§ mal §
Old 04-22-2002, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at home watching Good Morning America....I can remember they showed the first plane then had a camera at the scene and on air live the second one hit....my jaw hit the floor!!!! I was so engrossed I dont think I even got to take a shower til after noon... Such a tragedy!!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Our family had gone to bed. It was after 11pm in Brisbane.

My sister rang us up and I thought someone must have died or something becuase my mother was saying to her 'don't cry'.

Then we turned on the TV to see it all unfold. Stayed watching it for hours and hours. It was doubly weird becuase it was just morning in America.. and you felt powerless cause you could do absolutely nothing.

BTW, I played 'Empire State' a few days afterwards as a sort of tribute to the tragedy for myself. But it didn't really console me cause the lyrics are unfortunate, like -
"straight through the heart of you"
"tell me its not too late"
"whole world moving below my feet"
"flyyin hiiigh..."
"New York, watch me burn you down"

It was beyond ironic, and I wonder if LB's mind ever turned to those unfortunate lyrics.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was walking home from school... it must have been about 4pm here by the time I found out.

Laura.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:18 AM
SoulDrifter1949
This message has been deleted by SoulDrifter1949.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally remember that morning...cause i was arguing with my mom..and i then i left for school all in a crappy mood..and i am listening to the radio and i heard about the first plane...and then after they announced the second one i was like wtf??? So i raced home and turned on the TV....and i was trying to tell my mom to come downstairs..and she was like was still kinda mad and she thought i wanted her to see something that she wouldn't be interested in..then i was like Jesus Christ Mom..we are kinda being attacked by terrorists...needless to say after that she listened to me...and we forgot all about our stupid fight.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was in bed after a late night; I had probably gone to sleep at about 4 or 5 am. At about 10:15 (central time), my mom burst into my room and said these exact words... "Laura? Wake up. They just bombed the Pentagon and took down the World Trade Center." Needless to say, I was quite confused, being half asleep and all, but I ran downstairs with her and turned on the TV. What I saw woke me up pretty quick. About that time, I believe, is when they announced that there were still something like eleven planes in the air and our local news was breaking in to tell us they had evacuated ALL of downtown Chicago. We were now flipping out because both my father and my boyfriend work downtown, my father just steps from the Daley Center (a prominent spot in the Loop). We finally got in touch with everyone, including my sister at college, and then I had to go to work. Ha. That was a joke. At the time I was working at a tavern-type sports bar, and every one of our 20 TVs was on CNN, Fox, or NBC. It was unbelieveable. We were all crying, even the managers, right with the customers, everyone sitting at the bar. I will never forget that I had this table of IGNORANT rich people who were "sick of hearing about everything" and were getting impatient about their drinks when congress busted out God Bless America... heh, they waited quite a few minutes after that as well... I figured, hey, if you're here, today, whether or not you're a citizen or natural of this country, you had BETTER respect those who love it and mourned for it, even if you don't... anyway, I doubt many people have happy memories of that day.

Laura
Old 04-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy 9-1-1....

I was at work, and my boss came in and said, a plane just hit the World Trade Center, then a few minutes later, she said the Pentagon was hit, my hands started shaking, I was nervous in my stomach, scared. At our 10AM break, one of my co-workers went to her home to get a small TV so we would know what was going on. When I walked into the breakroom and saw the plane hit the tower and it falling and people jumping, I burst into tears. We had a moment of silence/prayer at break. I was more nervous and scared because we thought maybe all of America was under attack, my dad works at Lockheed and I was terrified for him, thinking they may be going for that, I didn't know! I called him, but it was hard to get through, I finally got him and asked if he was going home, he said no, but I was so scared, then, my idiot human resource lady came to console me and said, it's one of the safest places for him to be, I thought, "Yeah, well, honey, so's the damn Pentagon." She's an idiot. Anyways, our boss let us listen to the radio all day, so we could hear updates. I have friends and family in New York and I prayed for them all day. When I got home, I tried calling my friends, stupid me, and I emailed them saying PLEASE ANSWER ME!!! They did, and I was so happy. What a horrible day,
9-1-1..forever in our memories....GOD BLESS AMERICA!