Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Is she really being insulted as a woman? I didn’t see it anywhere but maybe I’m staying in just more positive groups.

Most groups jump on others if they even remotely mentioned the story that was told by that Petty insider- it’s him or me. It never even gets to name calling.

If anything, you can describe the power grab as a textbook business MAN tactics- you get enough power, you squeeze the person that stands in your way out.
Yes, I'm referring mostly to things I've seen yesterday on Facebook, and I'm somewhat surprised that The Ledge seems to be taking the shocking news slightly better than I initially expected.

Yes, the concept of aggressive power play in the work environment is traditionally viewed as masculine as usually women are thought to lean more towards diplomacy, but these are obviously just stereotypes, we all surely know both lots of assertive women and diplomatic men.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If the threads were simply about Stevie's person I wouldn't have any problem letting them stay there but since the discussions evidently intended to start heavy political dissertations then it belongs here.
I'm curious about how I would be enabling what?
No thanks I'm good. I'd like a seperate thread instead of being shuffled into some dusty old corner, which is exactly what been done to #metoo victims, Cosby victims, etc. How ironic.
Edited to add: I do have a question for you though. My post had nothing to do with politics. Do you think misogyny is political?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-11-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I guess it's time...

Al Sharpton says "Royal wedding shows white supremacy
on it's last breath".

Well, I guess that's something we've finally got behind us.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:41 AM

Now I can finally say it: God damn it Italy!
Old 06-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm starting to think of Donald Trump as Chauncey Gardner.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm starting to think of Donald Trump as Chauncey Gardner.
With the exception that Chance the Gardener was a naive and candid character
Old 06-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
With the exception that Chance the Gardener was a naive and candid character
Yes, but he was simple, lucky and mistaken for a political and economic genius.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Left Unhinged

What IS the World Coming To?!

Old 06-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
What IS the World Coming To?!

I love this commercial. I wish that they would of added Joy Behar saying she hoped Trump was killed in a fire. If the the Left is angry about this commercial, it’s their own fault. They did it to themselves. They seem like they are trying to commit suicide.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

One thing liberals and Trumpists have in common is their list of grievances. It used to only liberals who had this list of things being unfair but Trumpists are very much like liberals these days and melt like snowflakes over a Halloween mask with ketchup with their fake outrage.
I see them almost overlapping each other these days. Each side pretends to take some sort of moral high ground. You could create a video from the other side that has similar if not worse actions to make snowflakes melt. Has Trump not said the same thing at rallies that Maxine Waters said? Celebrities like Ted Nugent has said the same nasty stuff against Obama that many leftist celebrities say about Trump. To pretend this is one sided is foolish. Its cultish and tribal and proves no one is capable of thinking these days. Is everyone a victim and has to play these games? We are raising a country of victims with lists of grievances. The fake outrage is the most pathetic part. Anderson Cooper and CNN and Trumpists melting down over a Halloween Mask with ketchup LMAO. Where do we go from here?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-01-2018 at 06:25 AM..
Old 07-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One thing liberals and Trumpists have in common is their list of grievances. It used to only liberals who had this list of things being unfair but Trumpists are very much like liberals these days and melt like snowflakes over a Halloween mask with ketchup with their fake outrage.
I see them almost overlapping each other these days. Each side pretends to take some sort of moral high ground. You could create a video from the other side that has similar if not worse actions to make snowflakes melt. Has Trump not said the same thing at rallies that Maxine Waters said? Celebrities like Ted Nugent has said the same nasty stuff against Obama that many leftist celebrities say about Trump. To pretend this is one sided is foolish. Its cultish and tribal and proves no one is capable of thinking these days. Is everyone a victim and has to play these games? We are raising a country of victims with lists of grievances. The fake outrage is the most pathetic part. Anderson Cooper and CNN and Trumpists melting down over a Halloween Mask with ketchup LMAO. Where do we go from here?
You don’t like the video because your liberal and it doesn’t make your side look good. My god. If Kathy Griffin, Snoop Doggy or Madonna would of treated Obama like that or anyone of one of his staff, they would be in jail. Let someone make a video of them shooting Obama on the head and they would of been imprisoned . Hollywood coupled with the Antifa, and the mainstream biased media are like a hateful cult.

You keep bringing up Ted Nugent. Ted who? To compare him with real stars is a joke. Trumps approval rating keeps rising and as is does, liberals get more desperate. They even stooped to the low of using children for sympathy any time they can.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Civil discourse would be a good place to start. No one should ever incite violence. That is not the appropriate course for a civilized republic. Treating each other with respect and having mature, open minded discussion goes a long way to accomplishing your goals.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a video showing a 30 year old man ripping a MAGA hat off from a 16 year old boy and throwing a drink in his face. He also called him a n*gg*r. You will not see this all over the news because it makes Democrats look bad. https://youtu.be/F37eIJ64t1M
Old 07-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Here is a video showing a 30 year old man ripping a MAGA hat off from a 16 year old boy and throwing a drink in his face. He also called him a n*gg*r. You will not see this all over the news because it makes Democrats look bad. https://youtu.be/F37eIJ64t1M
Surely he called the police and filed assault charges? Or surely his parents would. It's on video. That's ridiculous.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
As you said it won't be seen all over the news.