The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default John McVie Shaking Hands at Recent Dublin Concert (Video Evidence)

I am beyond jealous:

Also, here, he goes to the other side of the stage when Stevie does:

Old 01-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, such a departure! A pleasant one.

Michele
Old 01-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's obviously because those of us who were at the Dublin concerts were the best two crowds of the tour
Old 01-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
That's obviously because those of us who were at the Dublin concerts were the best two crowds of the tour
Seriously, the videos from youtube really show how rockin the Dublin concerts were. I think out of all the European Dates, Dublin had the best crowd reaction. All the English crowds are always so friggin quiet. I never quite understand it. My cousin (my age, 19) was going on a European abroad program and ended up in Ireland the weekend of the concerts. He told me he went and that it was the most satisfying concert he's ever seen.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Seriously, the videos from youtube really show how rockin the Dublin concerts were. I think out of all the European Dates, Dublin had the best crowd reaction. All the English crowds are always so friggin quiet. I never quite understand it. My cousin (my age, 19) was going on a European abroad program and ended up in Ireland the weekend of the concerts. He told me he went and that it was the most satisfying concert he's ever seen.
I have to agree that the Dublin audiences were a bit rowdier than at the other shows I attended. But I think this can be attributed in large part to the fact that most of the group at the front of the stage was 1) very young, and 2) very drunk. Stevie's voice was obviously failing during the second show, but it didn't matter a lick to those who were too pickled to even care. I wonder how many of them even remember being there.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I have to agree that the Dublin audiences were a bit rowdier than at the other shows I attended. But I think this can be attributed in large part to the fact that most of the group at the front of the stage was 1) very young, and 2) very drunk. Stevie's voice was obviously failing during the second show, but it didn't matter a lick to those who were too pickled to even care. I wonder how many of them even remember being there.
I wasn't up at the front because I decided to go to second show 4 hours before it started (with 2.5 hours of travel from Belfast to Dublin to do in that time) I ended up right at the very back and I could see that the whole crowd was really into it, not just the rowdy people at the front. Not as much as they were the night before but still very into it.

I've never understood why people get drunk before concerts. I don't like to drink at them precisely because I want to remember it all.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the Go Your Own Way clip it looks like Stevie wore the black cloak from the Red Rocks video. She also wore it during the flooded show at Jones Beach.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, I was at the front, I'm not very young and I wasn't drunk... But you are right: there were a group of very young&drunk guys there, but the whole crowd at Dublin was great (I remember London, SYW tour, and people was so quiet and boring...) The bad thing about that Dublin second night was we couldn't hear Stevie at all, on the front row.
If you pay attention to this Don't Stop video from Dublin, McVie shakes hands and somebody gave him a CD for Stevie to sign. I remember she signed the CD and went to give it to some person on front row. I remember people there began to take her hand and she looked quiet afraid and not very happy...
Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Hell yes

The only drunk I encountered at the front at either show in Dublin was a middle-aged woman who kept roaring for Black Magic Woman