User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Stevie will be on this album. Anyone that has followed this band over the years knows that it is going to happen. This is the same BS that was circulating before Tango came out. Stevie is not going to let a FM album to be released without her being very much a part of it. Tango was a huge hit and she had very little presence on it, she is not going to let this happen again.........and most likely this will be their last studio album.
I agree. This is all probably a PR thing anyway
Old 11-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute.
This really seems like the most likely scenario we'll end up with, for all everyone's waffling and speculation. The album will fit nicely along side Tango and the EP as a bit of a headscratcher for Stevie fans, but still be called "Fleetwood Mac" with no footnote about lineup changes, and everyone will be (sort of) happy.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to several kind ledgies who provided ticket information yesterday, I managed to get a good floor ticket for 22nd June in London.

Before buying this ticket I had bought one for the 28th May London - Section A1 Row T. Although I would love to see both shows, I've decided I don't want to do 2 journeys (it's quite a way from here), so if anyone else would like this ticket can you send me a PM and I'll sell it at face value £140. Otherwise I'll try the re-sale sites.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute. I vote 2 dingbat songs.
...but the problem is I think they are already at the last minute. Sounds like they got a lot done on Lindsey's/Christine's material. I'm sure they've still got some mixing to do but I reckon they could have probably put out an album this side of Christmas if they really wanted to (probably wanted it out even before now)...but they are holding out in hope.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Ledgie

She can spin this however she wants but I speculate that this all comes down to how she feels about Lindsey at the end of the tour and how he feels about handing over control of her songs to someone else. I don't get her giving up a year to make an album remark considering she whipped out 24k in just a few months. Granted, those songs were already written so maybe she would want to take time to write new songs. Idk. This band is so frustrating but when it manages to all comes together (which is rare), it's amazing.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I wonder just how much they all communicate with each other when on tour. There's no doubt that Mick, Lindsey and Christine probably chat but does Stevie actually participate in any off stage communication with them? I only say this because of her "taking a year" to record. Is she unaware that they have been working for months well before the tour started? Does she have any idea at all as to what's already been done?

This is all starting to remind me of Neil Young behavior. Infamously refusing to do projects because "the muse" isn't there. Keeping Buffalo Springfield, CSN, or Crazy Horse in the weeds...sometimes for years...until "he feels like it" or backing out of projects when the rest of the group has already begun work.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will have to say, on the flip side in a major defense to Neil Young. Money has never been a motivation in his actions. He seems very sincere in only doing what he really wants to do. Yes, that kind of contradicts my previous comment.

Nobody in FM really needs the money, yet every day it seems to be more and more about the money.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I will have to say, on the flip side in a major defense to Neil Young. Money has never been a motivation in his actions. He seems very sincere in only doing what he really wants to do. Yes, that kind of contradicts my previous comment.

Nobody in FM really needs the money, yet every day it seems to be more and more about the money.
One has to wonder how much pressure the machine that surrounds FM ( agents, managers, promoters, accountants and the list goes on) puts on the band to be profitable instead of being artistic? And how much pressure is put on the band to play the same old hits because that is when they are most profitable.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
One has to wonder how much pressure the machine that surrounds FM ( agents, managers, promoters, accountants and the list goes on) puts on the band to be profitable instead of being artistic? And how much pressure is put on the band to play the same old hits because that is when they are most profitable.
I totally agree and it seems so absurd. We love you Stevie, but the odds of you having some crazy national hit single is pretty much out the window.

They are one of the FEW remaining bands that still have ALL original members intact and performing together. They have the luxury of moving forward to new things without the backlash of doing an album or a tour without all of the original members. The hits will always be a huge part of who shows up every night - but that doesn't have to be the only lasting part of their story/legacy.

A while back, somebody here posted that they knew somebody who knew somebody at WB and they said every single decision with Fleetwood Mac involves teams of lawyers and it's literally the single biggest pain in the a** for everyone. The people who manage that end of it absolutely loathe it.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I find this whole thing ridiculous. Stevie always says how grateful she is to have Fleetwood Mac and how she can't believe the sizes of their audiences and now she's debating whether or not she should participate in the new album?

People who aren't hardcore Fleetwood Mac fans would just think 'Where the hell is Stevie Nicks?' I'm sure the songs that they've recorded are great but Stevie has to contribute as that's what make the band great, the fact that they all combine so well.

If Stevie chooses not to be involved in this album then she is stupid. Whether she wants to or not she should, and then she can do her SFTV2 whenever she has a couple of months free and then she can tour when the band's done.

Fleetwood Mac need to come first, not Stevie's solo career because that can wait. GET INVOLVED STEVIE!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I find this whole thing ridiculous. Stevie always says how grateful she is to have Fleetwood Mac and how she can't believe the sizes of their audiences and now she's debating whether or not she should participate in the new album?

People who aren't hardcore Fleetwood Mac fans would just think 'Where the hell is Stevie Nicks?' I'm sure the songs that they've recorded are great but Stevie has to contribute as that's what make the band great, the fact that they all combine so well.

If Stevie chooses not to be involved in this album then she is stupid. Whether she wants to or not she should, and then she can do her SFTV2 whenever she has a couple of months free and then she can tour when the band's done.

Fleetwood Mac need to come first, not Stevie's solo career because that can wait. GET INVOLVED STEVIE!!!
Have you been living in a cave for the past year? Stevie did put FM first by doing a rush job on 24K so the FM tour could happen she could have easily said "We can tour after I wrap up this record for WB" and taken her time doing so...Why should Stevie be the only one who has to let her songs be trampled upon...LB gets to have his song be the way he wants them and so does CM so why should Stevie's songs be any different? If Stevie want's to be the producer on her songs let her do so.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 11-15-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Have you been living in a cave for the past year? Stevie did put FM first by doing a rush job on 24K so the FM tour could happen she could have easily said "We can tour after I wrap up this record for WB" and taken her time doing so...Why should Stevie be the only one who has to let her songs be trampled upon...LB gets to have his song be the way he wants them and so does CM so why should Stevie's songs be any different? If Stevie want's to be the producer on her songs let her do so.
I'm talking about the upcoming album! Not what she's done in the past!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyrock View Post
I agree. This is all probably a PR thing anyway
Ain't workin...decided not to go see them now.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'm talking about the upcoming album! Not what she's done in the past!
No one really knows what's going on...If Stevie is standing up for her songs then good for her...If LB is refusing to let Stevie play a major role in the direction her songs will take then he is just as much to blame.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Sometimes I wonder just how much they all communicate with each other when on tour. There's no doubt that Mick, Lindsey and Christine probably chat but does Stevie actually participate in any off stage communication with them?
Thank you! Anytime there's an interview with one of them saying they don't know what the other is doing, or they don't know what someone else's song is about, I think the same thing. Do they not turn to the right or left and say "Woman-you with us or not?"