User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1980 View Post
I am a frequent reader but very seldom post anything because it seems like posts from "new fans" or new members are not to be commented on.

Anyhow....and if anything I will probably get bashed for this but I admire her for being honest about not being on board for a new record and not knowing if she ever will be, instead of giving promises and do things that perhaps she knows will not make her happy and do it just out of duty and not with her heart in the right place.

She commited to a new, quite extensive tour with FM right after getting back from a huge tour - jumping on a new tour that NEVER would have happened if it weren't for Christine returning. So even if it has been Stevie's dream to have Chris back why should she feel obliged to commit to everything that the rest of them wants just because Chris is back???

If it means a new FM record without Stevie so be it. Go Stevie!! Considering how loyal she has been to Fm (that's my opinion) over the years I think she has the right to do what ever myakes her happy at this stage in her life, especially since there seem to be so many things that she would still like to do the next ten years.

That was my 2 cents I guess...... now going back to my "only reading not posting" state of mind....
Well, "New Poster", I agree with everything you posted here, and not just for my own selfish reasons. She did make a record recently, and she does have to promote it at some point, otherwise it'll be too late. She may as well throw 24 Karat Gold right into the garbage can. I'm glad she was honest. Of course after this whole things done, she could change her mind once again. Who knows. As far as her doing the two or just for a money grab, I think you could maybe accuse all of them of that.

Jamie

(sorry about the typos on the original post - stupid phone)

Last edited by jkmaletic; 11-13-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
She did make a record recently, and she does have to promote it at some point, otherwise it'll be too late. She may as well throw 24 karat gold right into the garbage can.
Too late. The album will never get any farther than it already has, promotion/tours or not. Sorry to say that, but that's just the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
it's also funny how SN thinks that her 3-4 songs will need a year to record while 15 or so already recorded (with 8 practically finished) needed only 2.5 months.
I know, right! Very amusing.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Too late. The album will never get any farther than it already has, promotion/tours or not. Sorry to say that, but that's just the reality.

I know, right! Very amusing.
LOL- How do you know? You have a crystal ball or something??

Stevie obviously thinks it will take longer than 2.5 months, OR maybe the band will want to rest, and NOT record during their breaks.

Jamie
Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
LOL- How do you know? You have a crystal ball or something??
No, just good business sense.
So go ahead and keep rolling your eyes.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cash grab.She needs the cash to pay the bills .Things are not cheap today.I went to Walmart and picked up some food and it cost $20 bucks for it and only 3 bags worth

"I don't know how I'm gonna feel in a year."This statement scares me.

If Chris was not on board with FM. They probably would not bother with this tour.Stevie will just do her own business .

I love to see a new FM CD but I'm not going to loose any sleep over it if it happens or not but I will loose sleep and worry about her health and rest of FM's health.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm sorry, but I will be sorely disappointed if she can't honestly find it in herself to do one last album.

Stevie is my #1 favorite artist - but 24 Karat Gold might be my last solo record of hers I will have purchased. It blows my mind that she would consider passing up this AMAZING opportunity to record an album with Christine back. There's an enormous sense of potential here for a record and she would rather do another half baked release with the bland Dave Stewart than give fans and her bandmates one last great effort.

Quite honestly if she does back out, I hope the band releases and album without her and she faces the public backlash and disappointment. I feel she needs a bit of a reality check.

That would probably be the final nail in the coffin for Fleetwood Mac though.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So this tour will go into October/November of 2015?
Am I reading this correctly? If true, I guess far more dates will be announced. I suppose a second leg of the west coast will also happen.
Stevie said in the quote: US, then Australia, then Europe. Why do you think it's going into Oct/Nov?
Old 11-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, just good business sense.
So go ahead and keep rolling your eyes.
Ok, Liz Rosenberg.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I'm sorry, but I will be sorely disappointed if she can't honestly find it in herself to do one last album.

Stevie is my #1 favorite artist - but 24 Karat Gold might be my last solo record of hers I will have purchased. It blows my mind that she would consider passing up this AMAZING opportunity to record an album with Christine back. There's an enormous sense of potential here for a record and she would rather do another half baked release with the bland Dave Stewart than give fans and her bandmates one last great effort.

Quite honestly if she does back out, I hope the band releases and album without her and she faces the public backlash and disappointment. I feel she needs a bit of a reality check.
That would probably be the final nail in the coffin for Fleetwood Mac though.

EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, it might stoke album sales just from all the drama in the media: "Mac album without Nicks", etc. I agree with others that Mac should go ahead and finish the album whether Nicks is on board or not.

She had a great "really fun" year recording In Your Dreams with Stewart, and she apparently had a not great, not fun, time doing Say You Will with Lindsey. Maybe this is partially what's driving her....she may want to do another album with Stewart rather than something with Mac, although I also agree with others here that it seems like she's not actually thinking through that Mac already has about half of an album completed.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny thing: I've mentioned before that I wish they could work out a deal where Mac helps Nicks promote 24KG by doing "Lady" in concert, her and McVie, and selling 24KG along with the t-shirts, in exchange for Nicks committing to do an album with Mac.

And in this interview she mentions playing "Lady" with McVie. She says it's "not probable" but she mentions it.

It'd be great if they got creative with negotiating and worked something out.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she heard the songs and didn't think they were that good? Maybe she doesn't want to see an album by the band go ignored and do little sales? And maybe Lindsey has refused to bring on another producer and she (like quite a few people on here) isn't a fan of his recent production style, especially when collaboration doesn't happen? There are many elements at play here.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Maybe she heard the songs and didn't think they were that good? Maybe she doesn't want to see an album by the band go ignored and do little sales? And maybe Lindsey has refused to bring on another producer and she (like quite a few people on here) isn't a fan of his recent production style, especially when collaboration doesn't happen? There are many elements at play here.
True. But if she thinks it won't sell she's crazy. A last hurrah with the Rumours line-up would at least go Gold, mark my words. If they did marketing like the Eagles did with their final album, it could do multi-platinum and would be a fitting end.

Although all that being said, they keep talking about a "whole new chapter" so at least Mick and Lindsey apparently would like to see multiple tours and albums.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I agree. Plus, it's possible she truly is just playing all of this by ear. She doesn't know if she & Lindsey will be happy with one another throughout this tour. And she wants an out in case things blow up. Or who knows- maybe she's worried Christine is here for the tour, but will jet after that's over? Or perhaps there is still lingering concern over John's health, and where he'll want to be after this tour is done. So, so many factors.

That being said, I still sense this is Stevie withholding because she's either not sure she wants to record with the band, or she's not yet gotten what she wants through negotiations.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Plus, it's possible she truly is just playing all of this by ear.
That's my take on it: Stevie's in "wait & see" mode. Which is wise. Who knows what inter-band relations will be like after three solid years on the road together? And it's not like she has to make up her mind tomorrow anyway.

In my heart of hearts, I truly believe she will ultimately agree to record with the band. Even if she doesn't, it's unfair to paint her as the "bad guy."