Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default What does 2010 hold for FM ??

What do we all think there will be out there for the coming year ?

Unleashed extended and more USA concerts ?

New Album ?

Everyone going their own way & solo concerts ?

The whole group taking the year off ?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can confidently predict that Christine will remain retired.

Other than that with this band who knows?

Gail
Old 11-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I can confidently predict that Christine will remain retired.

Other than that with this band who knows?

Gail
LOL, that's a pretty damn safe assumption!

I think they'll cruise into their scheduled January meeting about a new album, tired, bitchy, and strung out from being on the road around the world for most of 2009. They'll decide to postpone doing anything new (be it touring, recording, etc) for at least a year. They are rocks stars after all, and need lotsa time off!

I think a real catching point next time around is where the album will be recorded. With Lindsey, John, and Mick all having children, they'll all want to remain close to their families. But none of their families live near one another now. Lindsey is the only one left in LA, but even John and Mick live on different islands in Hawaii. So this will be an issue...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm probably wrong but for some reason I could see them deciding to make an easy cash grab this summer with a small run of sheds and secondary markets that have not been oversaturated with the mac love-train already. They'll probably go into it thinking with the better economy they will recoup some of the money lost on the first spring leg of the tour with better ticket sales. Stevie's rebok boots will probably melt to the stage on some idle 86 degree night in mansfield massachusetts and will somehow blame it on lindsey and blame it on lindsey for something that happened 30 friggin years ago, terrible fighting will continue alas the ongoing unhappy,terrible tour that had become of every mac tour since god knows when yet somehow never gets bad enough to finally give their miserable money hungry butts a rest and retire their oldies act.

Just my two cents!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm probably wrong but for some reason I could see them deciding to make an easy cash grab this summer with a small run of sheds and secondary markets that have not been oversaturated with the mac love-train already. They'll probably go into it thinking with the better economy they will recoup some of the money lost on the first spring leg of the tour with better ticket sales. Stevie's rebok boots will probably melt to the stage on some idle 86 degree night in mansfield massachusetts and will somehow blame it on lindsey and blame it on lindsey for something that happened 30 friggin years ago, terrible fighting will continue alas the ongoing unhappy,terrible tour that had become of every mac tour since god knows when yet somehow never gets bad enough to finally give their miserable money hungry butts a rest and retire their oldies act.

Just my two cents!
LOL! I'm betting you're on to something here. I can absolutely seem them doing ALL that!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

Just my two cents!

Ok, are you some sort of "men who stare at goats" person? If I didn't know better, I would've said that was one of MY rants....only more civilly expressed.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hahahaha no, can't say i've stared at goats lately these days.

Maybe because its 12+ years into my fandom, i've reached that point where it's like...."really?...it's been 30+ years and you still can't burry the hatchet....really?" you did 135 shows against your will on a miserable tour.....really now? I'm 25 and feel more mature than half of them, stevie especially.

More than anything, the exception being lindsey....I always get the drift that none of them realize just how darn lucky they are to be able to go out and still perform and still sell as many tickets as they do. For the most part they have a huge sense of entitlement. If it was really about the music they would do a run of shows at the Fillmore, or one of the big theatres in Chicago...and probably sell out each night. But I guess that couple of extra millions is more important, besides....even stevie said that we the fans are the ones that will steal all the songs on the internet so there is no money to be made there, pff burn.

Mike cambell just remarked recently that in the beginning the heartbreakers had to prove why they deserve to be there and now they have to prove why they are still relevant and deserve to be there..and for the most part since 1997 with SYW being the exception, what exactly have they done except justify themselves on the same things they have been for the past 15-20 years?? As artists you can create great art which will prove your relevance, but all great artists must continue to grow.

Don't get me wrong, still a huge fan, still love the music. I saw them on this last tour..but cheap seats this time....and I apologize because I know I'm preaching to the choir and this is probably the same b*tch that half the people here, it's nothing anybody hasn't heard before.

I guess in what would be a fairly short period of time (12 years) between the SYW fan club fiasco, countless cash grabs, lamenting about miserable tours that gave them big bucks and backhanded comments to the fanbase, the whole enchilada (or fajita round-up) is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

ok end of rant.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I agree with every word!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can you believe that the top ticket price on my 1997 ticket stub is 60.00?

Hahahaha
Old 11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think a real catching point next time around is where the album will be recorded. With Lindsey, John, and Mick all having children
Point of order. Molly McVie is 20-21, and I think in college. She's not really a child anymore. To put it another way, she's about the same age Bekka Bramlett was when she joined Mick Fleetwood's Zoo. (And, older than Danny Kirwan or Jeremy Spencer were when they joined Fleetwood Mac by a few years!)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
LOL, that's a pretty damn safe assumption!

I think they'll cruise into their scheduled January meeting about a new album, tired, bitchy, and strung out from being on the road around the world for most of 2009. They'll decide to postpone doing anything new (be it touring, recording, etc) for at least a year. They are rocks stars after all, and need lotsa time off!

I think a real catching point next time around is where the album will be recorded. With Lindsey, John, and Mick all having children, they'll all want to remain close to their families. But none of their families live near one another now. Lindsey is the only one left in LA, but even John and Mick live on different islands in Hawaii. So this will be an issue...
Remember in the Destiny Rules dvd when Lindsey talks about building his house and is there with his wife and kids? He says "Here will the studio be, where maybe Fleetwood Mac record their next album...." Hmmm...don't know but maybe there they can record it...But then Stevie has said that she'll probably never be in Lindsey's house so, no, maybe not...

I hope that they decide to do a new album when they're having that meeting in January! And hope that they do more tourimg here in Europe and not only the US...

Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
Remember in the Destiny Rules dvd when Lindsey talks about building his house and is there with his wife and kids? He says "Here will the studio be, where maybe Fleetwood Mac record their next album...." Hmmm...don't know but maybe there they can record it...But then Stevie has said that she'll probably never be in Lindsey's house so, no, maybe not...

I hope that they decide to do a new album when they're having that meeting in January! And hope that they do more tourimg here in Europe and not only the US...

Didn't Lindsey sale that house a few years back... the house that your talking about that he was having built during the Destiny Rules dvd???

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
Didn't Lindsey sale that house a few years back... the house that your talking about that he was having built during the Destiny Rules dvd???

Donnie Wayne ~
Maybe, I dunno, hehe

Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Donnie Wayne ~
But now Lindsey has a studio where Kristen says she doesn't even have to see the people he brings in there. They don't have to come into her house for anything. So, they could record at the new home, but I'm sure it won't happen.

Michele
Old 11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Donnie Wayne ~
They did sell that house in Bel Air several years back now. They're on flat ground for the kiddies now in nearby Brentwood (I wonder if they live near OJ's former pad?). Apparently Lindsey's new studio is under a detached garage. I can hardly see the band all getting together and working for a year under a detached garage .

Last time around they rented a masion in Bel Air because of the creature comforts, and because it was reasonably centrally located for everyone, who were all in the LA area at the time. Now that everybody is so spread out (except Lindsey and Stevie), I can't imagine how they would all come to a consensus on where to record. They all clearly demand big scale creature comforts, hence their building their million dollar studio for Tusk (so it would be more homey), renting a French Chateau for Mirage, and their renting a mansion for Say You Will. I think this will be the real obstacle preventing a new album in this day and age.