The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a young fan, so I discovered Fleetwood Mac about a year ago, when I watched School of Rock. In fact, we can hear Edge of Seventeen on it, and immediatly, I loved it. So I searched on the internet, and found who was singing this, and later, who was Stevie Nicks (yeah, FM isn't popular in France). And then I listened to Rhiannon...and fell totally in love with this song, and Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie. A year later, I went to see them in Paris. That's my story .
Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
I'm a young fan, so I discovered Fleetwood Mac about a year ago, when I watched School of Rock. In fact, we can hear Edge of Seventeen on it, and immediatly, I loved it. So I searched on the internet, and found who was singing this, and later, who was Stevie Nicks (yeah, FM isn't popular in France). And then I listened to Rhiannon...and fell totally in love with this song, and Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie. A year later, I went to see them in Paris. That's my story .
I guess a lot of us ledgies that are under 20 got into them from school of rock
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was about 12 and saw the Big Love video on Top of the pops and i remember being a bit fascinated by Lindsey, then i think Little Lies came out, then Everywhere and by that time i had saved some pocket money and i went and bought the Tango album, loved it then found out my Sister in law had the Rumours album which i pinched. I then got some birthday money and bought Fleetwood Mac and Mirage but had to wait till the following year to get Tusk! Anyway its been undying love ever since but i remember thinking at the time that Stevie was Lindsey and vice versa
Old 11-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I became a fan in the fall 2007 Here's my little story:

"I was at home and my dad came home after being out in the town, shopping food or something, and he had bought the Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album. He said "This is a group called Fleetwood Mac" and he put on Dreams, and I thought it was awesome! Stevie's voice was incredible! I listened to some of Christine's songs too, Little Lies and Everywhere and I very much liked Seven Wonders, by Stevie. I looked at the photo in the booklet and read about them. I don't remember it very well, but I know that I was searching after facts and photos of Stevie Nicks the other day. I was on youtube searching after songs and it's how I became a Stevie fan. Like 4 months before I became a fan, Linda Schönnberg gave me a CD to me with different music on it and I thought "Isn't that Fleetwood Mac?" when I, 4 months later, heard some of the tracks, and yeah, it was, now I know that they were from The Dance concert I liked Kate Bush back then, in spring 2007 and she also liked her music and she gave me the CD to discover other music like Kate's and she gave me a CD with only Tori Amos songs on it. And I became a huge Tori fan and was a fan the whole summer and bought all her CD's etc...And then, in the fall, it was Stevie and since then, I have been a Stevie/Mac fan I also want to tell you that when I heard Fleetwood Mac, some days later, me and my little sister Maja, dresses up in 80's style with big hair and strange clothes (LOL) and danced and sang to Little Lies and Seven Wonders in my room!!!!! Maja said "I want to be that one with the greatest voice!" and I said "No, I want to be her!" Can you guess who we wanted to be??? Haha, Stevie of course! I tured out to be Chris, she has a good voice to, and Maja was Stevie! That was really fun! Now, Maja and my other sister Klara, kind of hate Fleetwood Mac and Stevie... And all Maja's friends too!!! The christmas, 2007, I performed Blue Denim, Edge Of 17 and Sorcerer live. It has been 2 years since I first heard her wonderful voice and she has been a huge inspiration. She was the one who made me write my own songs and my first song was called The Rock'n'Roll Woman and was dedicated to her. She has also been my inspiration when it comes to painting, 'cause the only thing I paint is Stevie portraits, hehe! Now I got almost all the Stevie Nicks/Mac stuff...All Stevie's solo CD's and some in vinyl, all Fleetwood Mac (from 1975) Lp's and CD's. I got lot's of photos and I think I got all the dvd's. I have spent a lot of money buying their stuff, I guess, haha!"

Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was a bit of a fan, owning just one Mac album and a few Stevie singles in the eighties. I felt in the mood to go to a concert and looked to see who was on and saw that Fleetwood Mac were coming to Newcastle, UK in November 2003 and thought "that will do". I managed to get fourth row seats on Lindsey's side but to be honest he was little more than a name to me then. I can still remember the excitement I felt walking into the arena and seeing the feathers etc on Stevie's mic stand. The concert just blew me away and I have never left a concert on such a high. I got on the internet right away and discovered this forum and cannot believe how much I have learned about them but also how much I have missed out on in past. Their music has played non stop in my car for the last six years and although I had tickets this time around was unable to go due to illness but I live in hope that I may get to see them again.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom played The Dance DVD one time when I was five. She was cleaning or something and let it play as she worked. I was pissed because she turned off my kiddie TV show to watch these people sing, so I was sitting impatiently on the couch next to our TV. And then "Silver Springs" came on.... and I cried, having absolutely no idea why I got emotional listening to that song.

And now here I am