User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Mac songs named

Stevie Nicks Reveals Two New Song Titles Recorded by Fleetwood Mac
In this audio conversation, which is obviously part of a larger interview, Stevie talks about going over to Lindsey's home to record her vocals on two tracks that Mick, John and Lindsey had previously recorded earlier this year.

Stevie said the boys went in at the beginning of this year and recorded some songs (Lindsey talked about 8 songs recorded in previous interviews) and that they wanted her to come but she said her mother had just passed away and she wasn't in any condition to sing or write songs. She went on to say that she went over to Lindsey's and recorded her vocals parts on two of the tracks, one that she picked and one that Lindsey picked saying:

“They came out great,” says Stevie. “They sound totally like really great Fleetwood Mac songs.”

The songs are “Miss Fantasy” and “Sad Angel.”

Stevie and Lindsey also recorded a third song, which may be released next year as part of a possible 40th anniversary edition of the Buckingham-Nicks album.

http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...-new-song.html

Last edited by CADreaming; 11-28-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting.

And yes, please, to anything BN related. That is all.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is killing me... why can't they keep going and record an entire album? I wouldn't even care if it was a small (by Mac standards) album of only 10-12 songs.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.
How 'bout "Daddy Angel"?? Lol
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.
Didn't think of that origin for Sad Angel. That would be rather sweet. According to the article, Stevie chose one song to lay down vocals on, and Lindsey chose the other for her. Literally based only on titles I can guarantee she chose the one with 'Angel' in it's title.

Hoping Miss Fantasy isn't as 'cliche' as it unfortunately sounds to me right now. I'm a big 'word' person, and am usually drawn to titles with more depth. Horrible judging by a cover right now. Hope I'm proved wrong! Either way ecstatic for any new material.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we can assume that Stevie has gotten over the idea that she could not record with Lindsey unless their was another producer involved and Lindsey has stopped thinking an outside co-producer would be good for the band? I laughed so hard at that thought on Lindsey's part. Not because I don't think it would be beneficial, but because I know Lindsey could never give up any real control of the band's creative process and its resulting sonic output.

Last edited by John Run; 11-28-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sad Angel," gee I wonder who wrote that one. Yet another "angel" song. LOL I can't wait to hear both songs though. The only "angel" song written by Stevie that I am not fond of is "Street Angel." I'm still betting on "Without You" as the Buckingham Nicks track.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dunno the way the recording process for these songs is described sounds very similar to SYW with Stevie coming in and adding her vocals to the already laid down tracksbut still anxious to hear anything new with the Fleetwood Mac name on it.It has been nearly a decade.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh exciting times. I wonder if they're both Lindsey penned tracks? Although, I suppose Stevie could have sent them a demo, let them flesh it out, and then came in and sang? Sad Angel is such a... Stevie title.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!
Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.

odd. that's a shame.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.