The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The TLA here in Philly is almost always a GA venue but they had seats when LB played here last fall... I didnt like that concept (but I managed to get 1st row seats anyway, so it didnt matter that much)
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, this tour might be very different (in tone) than the UtS tour. But, I still prefer seats and do hope they put them in for Nokia.
I don't like the uncertainty or the scrambling for the stage bit.
Plus, yeah--I can definitely stand for a whole concert but it's nice to have a moment's break here and there.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sun, Sept 14 - Los Angeles, CA - Royce Hall
Tue, Sept 16 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys
Fri, Sept 19 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove of Anaheim

These are the three shows that me and my friend are thinking of going to see and then we're going to fly across to Buffalo, NY, to see Gordon Lightfoot on September 21 before flying back to Ireland.
Just checking first - does anyone know if any of those three shows are Over 21 (we're only 20...)? I've had a brief look at the websites and none of them seemed to be but I don't want to risk it and we're trying to get our travel plans done in advance by working around what concerts we're going to.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Sun, Sept 14 - Los Angeles, CA - Royce Hall
Tue, Sept 16 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys
Fri, Sept 19 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove of Anaheim

These are the three shows that me and my friend are thinking of going to see and then we're going to fly across to Buffalo, NY, to see Gordon Lightfoot on September 21 before flying back to Ireland.
Just checking first - does anyone know if any of those three shows are Over 21 (we're only 20...)? I've had a brief look at the websites and none of them seemed to be but I don't want to risk it and we're trying to get our travel plans done in advance by working around what concerts we're going to.
No age requirements to get in - but drinking age is 21.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
No age requirements to get in - but drinking age is 21.
Thanks, that makes it all easier to organise. I'm sure I can go two weeks in the US without drinking - but only because you probably won't have Black Bush Irish whiskey!

Hmmmm.... I might see if I can afford to go to the San Diego show as well and travel down the whole West Coast for some touristy things. Anyone have any recommendations of things to see? I'm still open to all ideas.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, that makes it all easier to organise. I'm sure I can go two weeks in the US without drinking - but only because you probably won't have Black Bush Irish whiskey!

Hmmmm.... I might see if I can afford to go to the San Diego show as well and travel down the whole West Coast for some touristy things. Anyone have any recommendations of things to see? I'm still open to all ideas.
You can drink...you just can't purchase within the venue. Of course, you don't want to drink and drive. I live in Cali, why don't you send me a PM (private message), we can chat about your trip and I can give you some recommendations there?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Peestie, Have you checked fights and accom yet. What sort of money is it costing. Me and my wife are thinking of going.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can drink...you just can't purchase within the venue. Of course, you don't want to drink and drive. I live in Cali, why don't you send me a PM (private message), we can chat about your trip and I can give you some recommendations there?
Thanks! I look forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Peestie, Have you checked fights and accom yet. What sort of money is it costing. Me and my wife are thinking of going.
My provisional plan is to fly into San Francisco and that's 412-ish Euro but I think it may be slightly cheaper to fly to LA. Possibly about 173 Euro with Aerlingus to fly to LAX direct. I think the prices are similar for the return trip but I'll be flying to Buffalo NY for another concert and then flying back to Dublin from there so I haven't looked up the return flights from LAX in much detail. There's a California Shuttle Bus that seems to be around $40 to get between cities as well.

I haven't looked at much accommodation yet but I'll be trying to find places that are as cheap as possible, like youth hostels or anything like that. I'm dropping into the Student Travel Agency in Belfast on Thursday to see if they can offer any advice.

To be honest, if my friend is willing, I might see if I can fork out the $400-450 to get front row seating at Humphrey's with the Premium package but it will depend how the rest of the trip goes. It's looking unlikely I'll have much left for that!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be honest, if my friend is willing, I might see if I can fork out the $400-450 to get front row seating at Humphrey's with the Premium package but it will depend how the rest of the trip goes. It's looking unlikely I'll have much left for that!
Just FYI, I obtained front row without the premium. I would hold off on this purchase (if I were you)...

I recd your PM, and will be returning one to you shortly.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just FYI, I obtained front row without the premium. I would hold off on this purchase (if I were you)...
Well that would certainly be a lot handier (and cheaper). Is it just a case of ordering the tickets when they first come on sale?

I'll need to look up places to stay in San Diego anyway so Humphrey's might be as handy as anything else. Lots of research to do.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well that would certainly be a lot handier (and cheaper). Is it just a case of ordering the tickets when they first come on sale?
yes.

Quote:
I'll need to look up places to stay in San Diego anyway so Humphrey's might be as handy as anything else. Lots of research to do.
definitely other places nicer and cheaper... of course if you land a premium suite overlooking the stage...I will join you. hehe

talk to you soon.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey Peestie we should have a Mini ledge meet up, I am also going to the Anaheim Show for sure, and I am working on who to go with for the Royce Hall show, ahah but we should definitely meet up everyone here who is going, so just PM me!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds like it could be fun! My friend and I will most likely be going to the Royce Hall show so we'll maybe be able to meet up with you there or and Anaheim.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So does anyone know which tickets have actually gone on sale yet?

I was just checking Lake Tahoe and it seems they only have nosebleeds left?? I didn't realize any of the tickets had gone on sale yet.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
I was just checking Lake Tahoe and it seems they only have nosebleeds left??

Hmmm, I was just able to pull up row 2, center stage (for a single ticket).

Krista