Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
And just to stay on topic, I have to say after I bought Rumours and Tango, I was amazed how many songs I actually KNEW and loved without knowing they were Fleetwood Mac. I knew Don't Stop, Seven Wonders, Everywhere and Little Lies, and I was all "Ooooh! So Fleetwood Mac made THESE songs" it amused me.
Same with me. I became a Fleetwood Mac fan with Tango (was already a Lindsey fan/ liked Stevie) and after I bought the other albums (group and solo), I realized I already knew and loved a lot of the songs like Hold Me, Love Will Show Us How, Edge of Seventeen, and Gypsy, just to name a few.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

My first Fleetwood Mac album was "Future Games", followed by "Mirage" and "Tango In The Night".

It took me some time to completely understand "Future Games", though I fell in love with "Women Of A Thousand Years" and "Future Games" the very first time I ever heard them. And after a while I loved the whole album and I still do.

"Mirage" was a big disappointment - I like it, but nothing more. "Gypsy" is the only song that really stands out, if you ask me.

But "Tango In The Night" was a revelation and I will always love every single song. I took it with me on a holiday in Norway, two weeks with my partner in a camper, discovering the otherworldly beauty of the Lofoten - we had plenty of other CD's with us, including Sinead O' Connor's debut, Depeche Mode and Bryan Ferry, but "Tango In The Night" became the one we loved the most and played constantly.

From this time on, there has always been some Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks-CD with me on every holiday... for example "Rumours" in Ireland, "Tusk" in Switzerland and "Bella Donna" in Italy...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My dad's CD copy of Greatest Hits...was hooked after I listened to that in its entirety for the first time!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A vinyl copy of Tusk I got after i watched the Dance. Then Rumours Which I thought paled in comparison.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
My dad's CD copy of Greatest Hits...was hooked after I listened to that in its entirety for the first time!
Greatest Hits was my first FM cd too. not sure what i was hoping to hear, but it was not the fluffy pop that overwhelmed me from that CD. i put it away and never listened to it again for years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first one I bought was the white album although it was not the first one I sat down and listened to (that would be Tango from among the studio albums … plus Rumours is practically all on the radio anyway).
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
The first one I bought was the white album although it was not the first one I sat down and listened to (that would be Tango from among the studio albums … plus Rumours is practically all on the radio anyway).
of the studio albums the first one i bought was Tusk. i was shocked how many great and interesting songs that i've never heard before were on this album, especially considering one could basically hear almost every single Rumours song through radio or various greatest hits compilations.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first FM album was the single version of The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac.
I bought it with my sister, just to know more about the band. The only songs we knew were Big Love, Dreams, Everywhere, Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Say you love me, Gypsy and the Santana's version of Black Magic Woman. We listened to our new CD...and WOW! I must say that the songs that impressed me more were Albatross, Man of the World, and Tusk.
Then I bought TITN, and here I am!
Regards!
Mark
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its got to be the self titled one when Stevie and Lindsey came aboard. I never was into FM before that but I wish I was.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

White Album
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Rumours, my parents would play it in the car ALL THE TIME and I had no idea what it was, then I saw a glee episode but i forgot all about it cause it's glee. Then last summer at the beach my cousin put on Rumours and I'm like "I KNOW THESE SONGS" then I got super into them.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to have one of those Fisher Price "My First Cassette" player things when I was a child - like 2 or 3, maybe. Because music was always ALWAYS playing in our house, it was something I got into very young. I remember I had "Rumours", "Mirage", "Greatest Hits" and Stevie's "Bella Donna" on cassette and would carry them around in my cassette player. So for me, Fleetwood Mac's music has always been in my life (I got to tell Stevie that when I met in her 2011). I got out of them as I got older slightly, and although I still owned the albums, I didn't listen to them much. By that point, I'd acquired a few more - Tango and The Wild Heart - but when I was about 12 or 13 and Say You Will was released, I got back into them pretty heavily and have been ever since. So the first album I had, I don't know which one it was - either "Rumours" or "Mirage.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Ledgie

When I got a computer I illegally downloaded Tusk and fell in love with pretty much the whole thing right away, especially 'Sara' and pretty much every LB contribution. So I packed up my pennies and went to A & B Sound to get the CD but all they had was a hits package (I think the one from the late 80s), Rumours and probably the [White] self titled album.

So I sort of begrudgingly bought Rumours, but I still knew that these songs would be good - my parents had The Dance and my dad played it a lot - so I knew The Chain, Dreams, You Make Loving Fun, Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop would all be good and I knew Gold Dust Woman (my parents didn't have the DVD Dance just the CD, so I didn't know it was in the set)..

I have to admit the first time I heard The Chain and Dreams on Rumours I didn't like them as I was so used to the Dance versions. But I was just a stupid teenager. Anyway one and a half to two weeks later I picked up Tusk and I wish I could remember the order of albums after that but I can tell ya I got a lot of Welch stuff before Mirage and the 75 album, but I probably got Tango third or fourth and loved that one too.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Tango on cassette as a kid was my first. Not sure which album followed - probably Rumours on CD.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Ledgie

The first Mac album (Back in '75) with Stevie and Lindsey. Rhiannon with it's chorus of 'Will You Ever Win' just drew me in.