User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Your first Fleetwood Mac album

The first FMac album I had was Tango in the Night,bought for me in mid 1987.(I was almost 13) I still have that cassette and I think I played it to death. I've been through 3 cassettes of it and now have a CD. Anyway, I just wondered what album everyone else had first.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Rumours in 1993. I heard Gold Dust Woman and The Chain on one of those classic rock stations Two For Tuesdays one day in the car with my Mom, and I went nuts. We went straight home, and Mom dug out Rumours from my Dad's giant CD collection. I wore holes through it, and am now on my third Rumours CD.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't remember, but I guess it was Mirage. I loved the two videos and I was always a big fan of "Love in Store" and was pissed when it didn't chart higher.
I have very clear recollection of early FM in my life, though, hearing "Dreams" multiple times during the eternal family vacation car trips between New York and Florida.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Rumours in 1993. I heard Gold Dust Woman and The Chain on one of those classic rock stations Two For Tuesdays one day in the car with my Mom, and I went nuts. We went straight home, and Mom dug out Rumours from my Dad's giant CD collection. I wore holes through it, and am now on my third Rumours CD.
After hearing the radio hits umpteen times I bought Rumours and these were the two songs I heard for the first time after that purchase that totally blew me away. Gold Dust Woman is probably my most favorite FM song ever!!

Photobucket
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
After hearing the radio hits umpteen times I bought Rumours and these were the two songs I heard for the first time after that purchase that totally blew me away. Gold Dust Woman is probably my most favorite FM song ever!!

Photobucket
Bare Trees...yes, before Stevie and Lindsay...(I am old) LOL
Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKartis View Post
Bare Trees...yes, before Stevie and Lindsay...(I am old) LOL
Me, too...although, I'm most likely even older.

The first Fleetwood Mac album I got pretty much when it came out (within a month or so of its release) was Then Play On...had to backtrack to get Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac & English Rose (and it took me a bit longer to track down the two UK albums, Mr Wonderful & Pious Bird Of Good Omen)....from then on, I just got 'em as they came out.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-05-2009 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Ledgie

I bought Tango In The Night as I loved Big Love. My brother gave me a badly recorded cassette of Rumours and Fleetwood Mac.

Over the next year, I bought Mirage and Tusk and then to the solo recording Bella Donna. I bought Lindsey's Law and Order in a second hand record shop.

It was a long while after that I bought the Live album and completed ALL of the solo stuff.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first Mac album, that I heard first, was Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits from 1988, my dad baught it in the fall of 2007 and that got me into The Mac and Stevie...but we already had Rumours and Tusk Lp's but I didn't know that until I discovered them So Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits, the first albm I heard

Old 10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first was Tango In The Night which I bought because I loved the song Everywhere, which was a big hit at the time. I must have been about 12 years old. I had heard Rumours because my aunt owned it but I didn't connect the two until later, I didn't realise the hippie sounds of Rumours and the modern smooth synths of Tango were the same band. Funnily enough all these years on Rumours still sounds pretty fresh these days and Tango sounds kinda dated.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dance in 1997 was the first time I heard FM.
I was only seven years old at the time, so obviously I didn't buy it.
But my parents had it playing in their cars for the longest time and I just remember loving it.
Then came the DVD later on and I was able to connect the voice of "Landslide" to that "pretty blonde lady."

Besides that, the first album I actually BOUGHT was Rumours.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first cassette of Fleetwood Mac was Greatest Hits (1988). But it was a copy, not originall. On that cassette was a first half of Timespace too. I really don´t know when I heard it for the first time... but definitely in 90s . Probably in the second half.

My first originall was CD of Mirage.

But I have to say that the album Greatest Hits from 1988 is most common album of Fleetwood Mac here in the Czech Republic. It was huge success in Britain and Europe generally, so after revolution in 1989 it was expanded in Czech rep. a little bit too.

Yeah, and I forgot Rumours. My daddy had a copy of this on cassette too, just next to the Greatest Hits/Timespace cassette .

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours. 2006. I'll never forget listening to this beautiful music, while reading the liner notes detailing all the break-ups (trying to put faces to the names of the songwriters). "Don't Stop" came on and I thought: "Bill Clinton ruins everything. . ." and then "Go Your Own Way" came on and I lost my mind: it felt like love at first sight or like when you finally meet someone who you've seen in dreams before. I was hooked from that moment. The next day, I went to the store and picked up Tusk. The next day, I got the White Album. . . and then I just dove in.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Same here!
Except I was 8 and I made my mom buy it for me after I heard her playing it all the time so I could listen to it at my dad's house also. The first one I bought myself was Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey everyone, this is my first post so a big hello

My first album was Tango in the Night. My mum gave me her copy of the record early last year and I was hooked, Timespace, Bare Trees, Mirage, Tusk then Rumours all quickly followed
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
But my parents had it playing in their cars for the longest time and I just remember loving it.
Then came the DVD later on and I was able to connect the voice of "Landslide" to that "pretty blonde lady."

Besides that, the first album I actually BOUGHT was Rumours.
I have just started to read through this thread, and (imo) it IS very nostalgic and heartwarming, none-the-less.

Imagine the impact that FM has made on many souls through their parents/gparents through the years. At 7 yo, I was listening to Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers/Dottie West/Patsy Cline via my mother and (now) had only wished she had liked the Eagles, Heart, FM, whom I discovered years later. Nowadays...my mom just vaguely likes "SYLM" (Dance version) LOL.

Can You imagine being 7yo and hearing the haunting voice on Rhiannon or Sisters, the guitar riff on GYOW, or the bass on Chain, YMLF? If I was 7 again, these probably would have chilled me to the bone....in a good way...and I would have Q's mommy "who is that pretty angel/witch that sings with That band?"
I applaud the parents that exposed their young to FM and many other great acts of the '70's.

Last edited by FierySequences; 03-08-2013 at 05:31 PM..