The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 PM

I really think Over and Over is one of her best tunes ever. It's so damn good.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I really think Over and Over is one of her best tunes ever. It's so damn good.
it is. Understated and ethereal.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
to me the '75 album will always be the peak of this band, it's darker than Rumours but it has a togetherness vibe that is lacking in all subsequent albums...darker in sound, that is, but brighter in its outlook. again, MHO...
Actually I love the white album too, to me it's their best one after Rumours also for the reasons you listed. It takes the best from the Buckingham Nicks Bob Welch era developing something new.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you really think SHE had the say of who was going to close the song? I think appeasing her with a nod and a grin is probably the most control she ever had.

No wonder she doesn't want to record with them.
All I can go by is what Stevie said. She said she put Lindsey's voice on in the end because he was to shy (?) to do it. Would Stevie lie to you?

Michele
Old 05-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
All I can go by is what Stevie said. She said she put Lindsey's voice on in the end because he was to shy (?) to do it. Would Stevie lie to you?

Michele
She lies to herself, so yes, she'd lie to me, too. And I think she believes the crap that comes out of her own mouth!

She's as full of sh*t as a Christmas goose!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I remember reading Stevie saying something like this when the album first came out. I think it was in CREEM magazine or something like that. She said the original was her harmonizing with Lindsey on that last verse and then, when he wasn't at the controls, she erased her own voice and featured his because it was so vulnerable--I think that was her word. Can't recall exactly. Anyway, at the time, I remember thinking, "When would Lindsey ever let you make a decision like that without his knowing about it?" Then, reading Stevie's contributions to the Tango reissue liner notes, where she says LB removed some of her vocals because she was out of tune, I'm guessing the reason only he is singing in the last verse is because of the latter, not the former. But who knows?
Yes, it was in Creem. Here's the excerpt from 1987:

Quote:
"How do you like my slow song with Lindsey singing at the end (‘When I See You Again’)? That’s one of my favorite things…I made him sing with me; I said, ‘Lindsey, you’re gonna sing on all my songs whether you like it or not-you have to sing this with me.’ So we went out and sang ‘If I see you again, will it be over?’ - we sang it in unison, then I snuck in and took my voice off. Otherwise, I’d have never gotten him to do it - see, Lindsey’s pretty shy and he’s singing differently there than he is on anything else on the record. He wouldn’t think to do that: to sing on my song at the end. He would think to sing with me, but he wouldn’t want to end it. But that’s what I wanted, to leave people feeling they are really talking to each other." 
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She lies to herself, so yes, she'd lie to me, too. And I think she believes the crap that comes out of her own mouth!

She's as full of sh*t as a Christmas goose!
There's one thing that's crystal clear here: she has no clue about how to manipulate a console. If that were the case, she would have contributed A LOT to any FM project and she would have let everybody know on every possible occasion.

Plus, we would have seen her doing it like we have seen the rest of the band many times on many documentaries.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely love Christine's songs on Tusk. Her songs are a huge part of what made me love the album in the first place. Never Make Me Cry is my least favorite, but I still think its good. Brown Eyes is probably my favorite by Christine. Its one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Ledgie

Not only is "Over & Over" my favorite Fleetwood Mac song; it's my favorite song of all-time. Would have loved for them to play it during the "On With The Show" tour.

"Over & Over" was deserving of a spot on both "25 Years - The Chain" and "The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac". Should have replaced "Storms" on both packages.

Also love Christine's "Honey Hi" from "Tusk"!!!