User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I've not heard this. I remember them saying she emphatically did not want to participate. Stevie said if they thought there was a chance she would come back they would have waited for her. I don't remember them saying they were referring specifically to touring.

I thought the same as well. More of Christine not wanting to participate then worrying about the tour.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
I thought the same as well. More of Christine not wanting to participate then worrying about the tour.
Christine has had a long-time fear of flying (and creeping agoraphobia it appears). She no longer wanted to tour. That's certain. There are gazillions of articles about that since the end of The Dance tour.

Whether she was willing or wanting to record but not tour, I don't know for sure.

I believe I read that she did, but that the band feared it would create confusion when they toured especially if she had a hit song. Anyone have an interview citation on that?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, there was an indication that she would have participated in recording and Mick said he overheard phone calls between Christine and Lindsey about the album, but that the fact that she wouldn't tour was a dealbreaker for the band.

Michele
Old 05-19-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, there was an indication that she would have participated in recording and Mick said he overheard phone calls between Christine and Lindsey about the album, but that the fact that she wouldn't tour was a dealbreaker for the band.

Michele
Was this from B roll of Destiny Rules or something? I never found this information. Just have always heard about it.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.facebook.com/11802582823...type=3&theater

David Wild
1 hr ·

They say, "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow." With that in mind, I flew home to Los Angeles yesterday from New York City just in time to spend the morning with Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac fame who -- as a duo for the first time -- have recorded one of the best new albums you will hear this year, coming out in June. The album also features a fantastic rhythm section you might remember, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. The result is a stunning song cycle I can't get out of my head.i suggest you all check it out and if you can, go see Lindsey and Christine in concert if you can this summer when they are touring together to support the new album and play some older songs you will know and love.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 PM

They look happy!!!!

Nice review of the album!
Old 05-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They look happy!!!!

Nice review of the album!
It is isn't really a review and mentions no specifics just some gushing praise.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Was this from B roll of Destiny Rules or something? I never found this information. Just have always heard about it.
In a 2003 band interview with Matt Diehl from INTERVIEW magazine:

MD: I know Christine McVie decided not to be a part of the reunion, but did she contribute to the album in any way?

SN: She did. We used some recorded parts she performed in 1996 [for Lindsey Buckingham's solo album]. She does some ooh-ooh-oohs on one of the songs, and she plays a little keyboard on another. It's all very subtle. In a million years, she would never have thought that those little parts would end up being on a record in 2003. It was hard for me when I went back in and there was no Christine. Did I miss her? Every day. Did I wish she were there? Absolutely. But she did not want to go on the road. It's not that she wouldn't have done this record; she would have. But if she couldn't go on the road [to promote it], what would we have done if her songs had been the singles? We all tried to talk her out of her decision. Each one of us did. But there was a point in time where she looked at me and said, "I don't want to be a road dog, ever again." It's that look in somebody's eyes, when you know it's for real. Her eyes said, "I can never go back." So I said, "Okay. I release you."

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...ticle0603.html

I remember reading this interview when it first was printed and thinking the reasoning behind not letting her participate was bs. I mean, if they could let her do this very thing in 1995 for TIME, why couldn't they let her do it in 2003? The answer is probably Lindsey (as well as Mick) both of whom, in 2003, thought SYW was the beginning of a new era for FM).
Old 05-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It's a review, just not a detailed one with specific references to the songs.

"...have recorded one of the best new albums you will hear this year, coming out in June...The result is a stunning song cycle I can't get out of my head...."

Sounds like a review to me. I know some don't dig the new music, but David Wilde does. And so do I--at least the first two singles, so far.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
They look happy!!!

And nice gushing praise of the album!!

better?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It's a review, just not a detailed one with specific references to the songs.

"...have recorded one of the best new albums you will hear this year, coming out in June...The result is a stunning song cycle I can't get out of my head...."

Sounds like a review to me. I know some don't dig the new music, but David Wilde does. And so do I--at least the first two singles, so far.
I thought there were three singlesor are you ignoring Feel About You. gawd knows I'd like to.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
In a 2003 band interview with Matt Diehl from INTERVIEW magazine:

MD: I know Christine McVie decided not to be a part of the reunion, but did she contribute to the album in any way?

SN: She did. We used some recorded parts she performed in 1996 [for Lindsey Buckingham's solo album]. She does some ooh-ooh-oohs on one of the songs, and she plays a little keyboard on another. It's all very subtle. In a million years, she would never have thought that those little parts would end up being on a record in 2003. It was hard for me when I went back in and there was no Christine. Did I miss her? Every day. Did I wish she were there? Absolutely. But she did not want to go on the road. It's not that she wouldn't have done this record; she would have. But if she couldn't go on the road [to promote it], what would we have done if her songs had been the singles? We all tried to talk her out of her decision. Each one of us did. But there was a point in time where she looked at me and said, "I don't want to be a road dog, ever again." It's that look in somebody's eyes, when you know it's for real. Her eyes said, "I can never go back." So I said, "Okay. I release you."

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...ticle0603.html

I remember reading this interview when it first was printed and thinking the reasoning behind not letting her participate was bs. I mean, if they could let her do this very thing in 1995 for TIME, why couldn't they let her do it in 2003? The answer is probably Lindsey (as well as Mick) both of whom, in 2003, thought SYW was the beginning of a new era for FM).

I do remember this now.. Wow, my mind is going. Thanks for researching.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought there were three singlesor are you ignoring Feel About You. gawd knows I'd like to.
No. I know there are three songs released. I only like two of them--the first two. Not a huge fan of Sleeping Around the Corner. Though it is very good.

I LOVE Feel About You. It's not one of her best but it's very good, about equal in my opinion to Everywhere.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. I know there are three songs released. I only like two of them--the first two. Not a huge fan of Sleeping Around the Corner. Though it is very good.

I LOVE Feel About You. It's not one of her best but it's very good, about equal in my opinion to Everywhere.
I like the two Lindsey songs. I can't agree that feel about you is anywhere close to being as good as Everywhere. I am hoping that Red Sun and Carnival Begin might be better.From the descriptions I have seen they seem interesting.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like the two Lindsey songs. I can't agree that feel about you is anywhere close to being as good as Everywhere. I am hoping that Red Sun and Carnival Begin might be better.From the descriptions I have seen they seem interesting.
Those of us who love Christine's new song and support her in creating new music wish you well while you wait to see if the new songs are up to your standards.