The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

So exited to be there this year! Theme is "Timeless"! My outfit is already set!

Roll call???
Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Can the moderators delete these werido's comments so this post is about NOTS?
Old 04-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

WHO'S ON and WHEN - Not necessarily in this order

Doors open 9 PM

VJ Tre spins rare and multimedia and mixes till Act One begins

Act One begins 10:30 PM

Show Opening, Rachel Klein Theater, It Was Romance, Sherry Vine, Chi Chi Valenti, Tambourine Toss and What Time Is It Mr. Fox?

Between Act One and Two

DJ Craig Spencer

Method Stevie Go-Go: Darlinda Just Darlinda, Scooter Pie, Machine Dazzle and Darrell Thorne

Act Two Begins 11:45

Amber Martin, Bridget Barkan and Xavier, Vangeline Theater, Fleetwood Maxx, The Ho-Hos, Jazmen Flowers, Tambourine Toss, Paul Alexander

Between Act Two and Three

DJ Sammy Jo

Method Stevie Go-Go: Machine Dazzle and Darrell Thorne, Vangeline Theater

Act Three Begins 1:15

Heather Litteer, Hattie Hathaway, Poison Eve, Gusty Winds and Severely Mame, Kym Larsen, St. Eve, Johnny Quinlan, Battle of 1000 Stevies (finale)

After Act Three

DJ Sammy Jo spins for a last evening twirl, Late-Night

Photo: Battle of 1000 Stevies at NOTS 20 (2010) by Kevin Tachman/BackstageAT

All other info is at mothernyc.com/stevie
Old 04-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A new video edit that was made for last year's NOTS but I didn't get the chance to play. It will be in my set this year, and it's not what you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new vid.jpg (78.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't wait for tomorrow night! Just snagged a new Rock a Little era t-shirt for the evening.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder, when the doors open at 9, I will already be playing videos. As always, I'll be playing random clips while the venue fills up a bit. I'm guessing around 9:20 ish is when my "real set" will begin. Once you see and hear "Big Love", that is your cue to take note.

And, if anyone can take any video footage during this time I'd greatly appreciate it. My phone is not that fancy

Last new video edit for NOTS 25 is complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vid.jpg (60.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Village Voice

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...iladelphia.php

Exclusive Premiere: Listen to It Was Romance's 'Philadelphia'
By Beca Grimm Wed., Apr. 29 2015 at 11:05 AM 2 Comments
Categories: Interview, New Yorkers

Lane Moore found direction in a fateful, tear-filled bus ride in her then-home of L.A., and it was all thanks to Stevie Nicks.

"This is insane, but she used to talk to me in my head after that happened," says Moore, recalling the impact left over from a show of the witchy superstar's. "I fully believe this is real. No joke. She told me to move to New York." Five years ago, when her imaginary conversations with Stevie took place, California was no longer cutting it for Moore. She heeded the sagacious advice, packed up, and headed east. "When Stevie Nicks tells you to do something, you do it."

Since arriving in New York, Moore has solidified herself wholly in the writerly and comedic realm, as an editor for Cosmopolitan.com's sex and romance vertical and leading the widely acclaimed comedy show "Tinder Live." Now she's starting to get a solid footing in a third frontier: shredding electric uke and waxing sentimental in her garage-pop quartet, It Was Romance. With that, she'd like to make one thing clear, especially regarding her stringed instrument of choice and its typical association. "I'm not playing adorably," she says. "I'm playing with distortion."

Moore's in the throes of planning a particularly busy May, starting with her band's debut performance slot at Night of a Thousand Stevies on May 1, an event with an application process so intense she likened it to "applying to a ****ing Stevie Nicks college." Immediately after, It Was Romance will put out a self-titled full-length, their very first. The ebullient, narrative-driven single "Philadelphia" plows the album wide open. It chases a shimmering promise. It's mysterious but undeniably attractive. It evokes feelings of loneliness with a danceable beat, not unlike a somber nighttime walk home on wet roads, with colorful, joyous city lights reflecting like a black mirror.

"Philadelphia," Moore explains, falls in line with her overall mission with music: happy songs for sad people. "It's a really happy song, but it was written at a really, really sad point in my life where I wanted to be with this person and it just wasn't coming together," she says. Much of the album meditates on this specific relationship, although that much isn't obvious during cursory or casual listens. The glittering instrumental aspect and Moore's velvety vocal delivery make the rest of It Was Romance saunter around like the life of the party, occasionally winking just to make sure you're hooked.

Of course, though, there are moments of tenderness, primarily with the gently gliding "But Not Forgotten." That track mourns the sudden rug-tugging of crappy luck. "It's never been a case of I love you/Baby, I love you, too/But you're busy/And I am busy, too." The way Moore's voice puffs out that last gasp evokes a snuffed candle. "Every time I sing that song, it's hard for me not to cry," she says. Something lost, but, well, not forgotten. Wax still splatters from the quick extinguishing.

Moore says making music affords her an opportunity her other art channels won't or can't. "With comedy and writing, I'm able to use that part of me that's all, 'Ugh, dating sucks. It's the worst. Who cares?' " she says. "I can make jokes that are really cynical. But then with music, I've always been a hopeless romantic. It's been said a million times, but most cynics are disappointed romantics. A lot of the songs I write are about being disappointed and modern relationships, because I have expected all of these John Hughes romantic moments. The reality is so lazy and crass and boring and stupid a lot of the time. Nothing is what I keep believing in my heart that it will be."

With It Was Romance, Moore indulges in the theatrics, dressing herself in wild false eyelashes or homemade feathered wings. "I can be whoever I want," she says. "I don't have to be cool and like I don't give a **** when I'm playing music. When I'm playing music, I couldn't care more. I'm pouring every emotion I have into it."

It Was Romance play Night of a Thousand Stevies May 1 at Irving Plaza, and the Knitting Factory May 22 at 8 p.m. with Marlowe Grey.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know where Stevie is spending her time off between tour dates? I always like to know if it's even remotely possible that she'll be in the crowd
Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Do we know where Stevie is spending her time off between tour dates? I always like to know if it's even remotely possible that she'll be in the crowd
I heard she and Mick were photographed at a restaurant in Hawaii a few days ago.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I heard she and Mick were photographed at a restaurant in Hawaii a few days ago.
There are pictures of Stevie and Mick at different restaurants in LA on the 27th and the 29th.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
There are pictures of Stevie and Mick at different restaurants in LA on the 27th and the 29th.
Looks like Karen was at the second dinner, in BH; wonder if she joined them at the first one in Malibu as well
Old 05-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Karen's back packs are better quality now. She must've gotten a raise.

Michele
Old 05-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Hopefully, Mick is using these "dinner dates" to convince her to record with the rest of the band!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an article on Lane Moore] the Advocate

http://www.advocate.com/arts-enterta...ing-over-world

Out Entertainer Lane Moore Is Taking Over the World

The creator and host of NYC's popular Tinder Live With Lane Moore also writes for Cosmo. Did we mention her band?

BY Gina Vivinetto. May 01 2015

Moore somehow finds time to also perform in her band, It Was Romance, whose debut album, available next week on iTunes, won raves from Pitchfork. Tonight the act takes to the stage as part of New York City's zany annual Night of 1000 Stevies, a drag queen–drenched tribute to legendary Fleetwood Mac chanteuse Stevie Nicks.

Moore takes time out from her hectic schedule to chat via email with The Advocate about dating, Tinder vs. Grindr, the merits of Stevie Nicks, and more.

You're performing at tonight's Night of 1000 Stevies. Are you a Stevie Nicks fan?

Oh, I'm a huge Stevie Nicks fan. She's one of the musicians I listened to as a kid when I was training myself to hit crazy vocal notes. Ever since I can remember, I'd lock myself in my room and sing for hours and hours until I could hit every note of every song I loved. I didn't ever view it as training or practice — it was just a fun thing I did. So yeah, I feel weirdly connected to her. Very much so. She's incredible.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back home after another great NOTS experience. All of them have been special but last night really seemed magical. It was one of the best times I've had in a long time.

If anyone took any pics or video footage during my VJ set, I'd appreciate it very much if you would upload them.

Thanks!

Travis
(VJ Tre)