User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Oh Well. Something tells me it would have been an equally "interesting" performance had it been just M, J and Jeremy, without their bandleader and musical director and leading singer and songwriter and "leadiest" guitarist, Peter.
It might have been! Jeremy was quite the showman.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just my opinion on Stevie and kids - she regrets not having them. I think she sees what Lindsey (and others too, while she obsesses with LB, I don't think it's the only example of this that she knows) has now and she regrets that she doesn't have a family. I'm not saying she SHOULD regret it - nor that she SHOULD have had kids - nor that she shouldn't have had an abortion (or several), that's her right and her body. But, she manages to bring this up with relative frequency over the last couple of decades. And she oversells it (my songs are my children...I couldn't drag my kids on the road, I have lots of girls around me that are like my kids anyway, etc) in my opinion - it's her way of convincing herself at the age of 70 that her younger self made the right decision.
She regrets nothing. She clearly stated it in that RS article. That she’s happy she didn’t have any son (which is always a possibility) because she wouldn’t have known what to do with him. So, yeah, all her exes’ sons are really, really lucky...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They asked him to rejoin because it would have never gotten an ounce of traction as a viable reunion if Stevie or Lindsey weren't there.
He’s the one who had them participate on his solo album because he tanked as a solo artist in 1992-93. If OotC had been a massive success, do you think he would have wanted a reunion?

Quote:
His viability as a solo artist, the album he never released anyway, or the kindness of his heart had nothing to do with it.
It eventually was released…mainly in the form of SYW. That’s the point. He recorded those songs with the durability as to how they could be released. They could be Fleetwood Mac (Steal Your Heart Away) or solo (Down On Rodeo). If he had been commercially viable, would he have felt the need for that durability?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except it didn’t work, at least not well.

It took them five years to put out an album after “The Dance.” SYW worked so well that it took them a decade to put out a four song EP.
yes, because LB had the album ready but SN ran away to try to rebuild her dead solo career capitalizing on Mac resurgence while while short-changing Fleetwood Mac.

LB should have just put his new music out in 1998.

that said, if Chris didn't leave, maybe her and LB and the rest of them would have had the leverage to get the new music album out immediately. but Chris and Linds are artists, and not good at the business side of it, as many has brought up in these threads over the past week already. they are good at musicianship, SN is good at buidling a commercial persona. together it all worked spectacularly in the 70s and started falling apart in the 80s.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus God, can we f**k off with “misogyny,” “misandry,” “abuse” (except in the case of substance abuse), and especially “abortion” on The Ledge?!?!?

Enough of all of this red herring bull*****!!!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
LB should have just put his new music out in 1998.
Absolutely should have, but he chose not to. It was his choice.

Quote:
that said, if Chris didn't leave
And that creates a lot of interesting “what if” scenarios, like what if she had never retired from touring after 1990…

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jesus God, can we f**k off with “misogyny,” “misandry,” “abuse” (except in the case of substance abuse), and especially “abortion” on The Ledge?!?!?
I feel your pain. All this woman-related stuff in a Stevie Nicks thread, it must be just soooooo hard.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If she's had abortions, and talks about her abortions, why are we not allowed to talk about it?

I agree on the rest.

Maybe you could buy the Ledge?
Old 12-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He’s the one who had them participate on his solo album because he tanked as a solo artist in 1992-93. If OotC had been a massive success, do you think he would have wanted a reunion?
After the amount of success (read: money) that was made by Eagles with the Hell Freezes Over reunion, yes, even if OOTC was successful, there would’ve been appetite by all of them to reunite in the 90’s. None of them solo have ever been more successful than they are as a fivesome. The money put on the table for a Fleetwood Mac reunion would’ve been even better if any of them had any semblance of a successful solo career by 1995/96.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Jeez...I said misandry as a joke and somewhat of a rebuttal to all the ridiculous misogyny comments that get lobbed out around here. Relax.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At what point in the new Rolling Stone article did she mention abortion??

Last edited by Feather Blade; 12-16-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
At what point in the Rolling Stone article did she mention abortion??
she didn't. i think people misunderstood.

she just seems to be expressing an aversion or confusion with boys somehow, or maybe men in general. it was probably just sloppily worded.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she didn't. i think people misunderstood.

she just seems to be expressing an aversion or confusion with boys somehow, or maybe men in general. it was probably just sloppily worded.
As a parent of teenage boys I get that "boy confusion". I'm sure there are plenty of parents of girls who feel a girl confusion too though.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
As a parent of teenage boys I get that "boy confusion". I'm sure there are plenty of parents of girls who feel a girl confusion too though.
yeah, as a parent of both, there are no rules, each kid is different and their own person.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still love most of her music... I just don't really like the person she has become over the last 10 or 15 years. My respect has grown quite thin.