Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rock Legends You Should Catch On Tour This Year

relevant excerpt:

https://uproxx.com/music/rock-tours-...hil-collins/2/

All The Rock Legends You Should Catch On Tour This Year

Fleetwood Mac

This is probably going to be the most divisive entry on this list, and your inclination to attend probably boils down to how much you value singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham’s impact on the sound and aesthetic of Fleetwood Mac. The group, who have changed lineups multiple times over years, are banking on the idea that their decision to fire Buckingham won’t impact fans desire to hear Stevie Nicks belt out “Landslide” on a nightly basis. Maybe that’s true, but a lot of the magic of the band is the theater of tension/affection onstage exhibited onstage between Nicks and her former paramour. We’ll see how Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and singer Neil Finn can fill the roles.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2018, 10:29 AM

If they have any decency, they will drop her bellowing Landslide...

I can't take another listen to her butcher that song.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If they have any decency, they will drop her bellowing Landslide...

I can't take another listen to her butcher that song.
landslide butchered? I agree, I’d be beyond ecstatic if it were dropped but it’s one of those songs that in the moment live I always enjoy because she sings it so well (at least in my opinion) it’s not both tired and done terribly like Gypsy Dreams and Rhiannon (but again I have high hopes for a Rhiannon Revival with Mike Campbell! )

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Landslide is still beautiful but Rhiannon has been dreary for a long time, sadly. I guess they feel obligated to do it anyway. Campbell cannot save it because Stevie cannot sing it anymore. She has flattened it out.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

If the band had any sense they would drop Landslide and let Stevie perform Man of the world instead. If one of the new guys sing it, half the arena will walk out. But Stevie keeps the casual fan's asses in the seats. That could be their slow acoustic song instead of Landslide.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So Mick is saying that Stevie wants to sing "Black Magic Woman." Is that a joke? She obviously thinks it applies to herself, so is she going to change the lyrics? That's a really bad idea, I think... parts of the song would become really awkward.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
relevant excerpt:

https://uproxx.com/music/rock-tours-...hil-collins/2/

All The Rock Legends You Should Catch On Tour This Year

Fleetwood Mac

This is probably going to be the most divisive entry on this list, and your inclination to attend probably boils down to how much you value singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham’s impact on the sound and aesthetic of Fleetwood Mac. The group, who have changed lineups multiple times over years, are banking on the idea that their decision to fire Buckingham won’t impact fans desire to hear Stevie Nicks belt out “Landslide” on a nightly basis. Maybe that’s true, but a lot of the magic of the band is the theater of tension/affection onstage exhibited onstage between Nicks and her former paramour. We’ll see how Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and singer Neil Finn can fill the roles.
I have a feeling that we are going to be well into 2020 and you are still going to be belly aching about this.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not me, myself, if we have some new Lindsey music in the mean I'll be pleased as punch. But I do admit to the guilty pleasure of wondering how that tour will go.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Not me, myself, if we have some new Lindsey music in the mean I'll be pleased as punch. But I do admit to the guilty pleasure of wondering how that tour will go.
same!

also, although i'm blocking out bunch of people since i have no time for their negativity and hate directed at me, it's so good to check back in here after several days away and see in whichever thread i open bunch of juvenile personal insults being thrown specifically at me by various SN worshippers that apparently have no coherent responses on topics at hand. i guess they miss me!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
same!

also, although i'm blocking out bunch of people since i have no time for their negativity and hate directed at me, it's so good to check back in here after several days away and see in whichever thread i open bunch of juvenile personal insults being thrown specifically at me by various SN worshippers that apparently have no coherent responses on topics at hand. i guess they miss me!
Get professional help. You cannot go on like this, Elle.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some here think mental health issues are a joking matter. this is not ok, guys.

mods should really step up a bit. way too many personal attacks on posters here (and i haven't even had time to check much lately so there's probably much much more i haven't seen), apparently just because someone's favorite singer turned out not to be a saint.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Agreed.

I have a morbid fascination with what a **** show this tour has the potential to be. Anyone thinking they won't do Landslide, Dreams, Rhiannon, and Silver Springs is fooling him/herself.

They will very likely do: Little Lies, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, World Turning, and Everywhere.

The question is what change-ups will be included? Will they do Black Magic Woman (doubt it), Oh Well (likely), Hypnotized (doubt it), Station Man (possibly), Tell Me All the Things You Do (an intriguing possibility), or go even deeper with jewels like Child of Mine, Jumping at Shadows, Future Games, or Dust?

They will likely do a Tom Petty tune, a few solo Stevie numbers. But will they try Christine's "One in a Million"? They will also probably play a Crowded House tune--much to the embarrassment of all.

The more chances they take, the more potentially interesting the shows will be. I doubt, however, they will stray much from their existing, already-tired and tiresome setlist.

If they do GYOW I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I seriously doubt they will do any of those mega-obscure numbers. I think they'll only do two older numbers besides Oh Well maximum, despite all the talk of history, and why not Black Magic Woman? At least people would know that one.

I also seriously doubt they will do Silver Springs. They must realize it will make everyone feel Lindsey's loss on stage, and miss that interplay. Stevie has tied Lindsey to it in performance as well as in theme. No amount of mic stand ribbon-swishing will distract from that.

You can bet they will do GYOW. It was a big hit.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the recent Variety interview Neil admitted its unlikely they'll play much of the older stuff. It sounds like Man of the World is likely and I'd guess at Oh Well too. Danny's passing makes Station Man even more likely. I think that'll probably be it. He suggested they'll probably play one or two Neil Finn songs.
Basically it'll be all the big hits from Chris and Stevie + The Chain + Go Your Own Way + 3 old FM songs + 2 Neil Finn songs + Stop Draggin My Heart Around. The only other maybe might be Tusk.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed.

I have a morbid fascination with what a **** show this tour has the potential to be. Anyone thinking they won't do Landslide, Dreams, Rhiannon, and Silver Springs is fooling him/herself.

They will very likely do: Little Lies, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, World Turning, and Everywhere.

The question is what change-ups will be included? Will they do Black Magic Woman (doubt it), Oh Well (likely), Hypnotized (doubt it), Station Man (possibly), Tell Me All the Things You Do (an intriguing possibility), or go even deeper with jewels like Child of Mine, Jumping at Shadows, Future Games, or Dust?

They will likely do a Tom Petty tune, a few solo Stevie numbers. But will they try Christine's "One in a Million"? They will also probably play a Crowded House tune--much to the embarrassment of all.

The more chances they take, the more potentially interesting the shows will be. I doubt, however, they will stray much from their existing, already-tired and tiresome setlist.

If they do GYOW I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
I read that Neil Finn interview and he outright said that there's probably not gonna be much pre-BN songs on the set list at the end, which is what I've been saying forever lol.
I'm absolutely positive that the tour is going to be mostly the same songs were all used to. But no way they'll do Silver Springs. Stevie doesn't even perform it on her solo tours. There's no point to do the song anymore. If they did I would truly be shocked.