The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand the original sentiment of this post about hating the Mac now, and it's a shame that this has happened with so many fans. While I can't say that I "hate" the band, I can say that I have lost respect for some of the people who I thought of as my idols. I'll buy the fact that the Knight was behind a great deal of the schemes, but that doesn't excuse the members of the band from ignoring what happened, or worse yet, not caring enough to oversee the activities of their own club. I think it's OK to hold them accountable for some of what has happened. I know that if I had a fan club in my name, I sure as hell would know EVERYTHING that is going on, and I would do my best to make sure that my fans who cared enough to pay a significant amount of money to be in my club, and who want to have good seats to see me perform are getting what they deserve. I don't think it's fair to excuse the band members just because they are supposedly ignorant to what has happened. Each of them should have been more involved in the decisions made regarding the club. All of this was carried out in THEIR name, for god's sake!

All this crap with the fan club and tickets certainly jaded me too. Until the recent concert ticket fiasco, I was so excited for the album and the tour and I thought about it constantly, and now I'm sort of like - whatever...

BUT -- Hopefully I'll be excited again and forget about some this crap once the album is actually released and the concert dates grow nearer (even though my seats aren't the greatest and like an ass, I shelled out the cash for the damn fan club.) So until then, we just gotta keep each other's spirits up, and hope that Fleetwood Mac grows up a little and takes on some responsibilities that they should have taken on long ago.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Hopefully I'll be excited again and forget about some this crap once the album is actually released and the concert dates grow nearer (even though my seats aren't the greatest and like an ass, I shelled out the cash for the damn fan club.) So until then, we just gotta keep each other's spirits up, and hope that Fleetwood Mac grows up a little and takes on some responsibilities that they should have taken on long ago.
I am quite new here...and was afraid to post for a while because I sensed some mistrust of newbies ( which is understandable due to "The Kinght's" pitting fans against each other)....but I am a long time fan, and ITA with you!!!!! I wish the band was more involved with these matters. I also shelled out the cash ( like an ass) for the FC, and am very disappointed to say the least. Still, I too am hoping that the album and concert will make me feel better about a band that I love so much!
Also, I am so glad this board exists...It feels so much better reading posts from fans who feel the same way I do.
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
Then I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you"...
~StevieNxs4life~ Sheila
Old 03-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieNxs4life
I am quite new here...and was afraid to post for a while because I sensed some mistrust of newbies ( which is understandable due to "The Kinght's" pitting fans against each other)....but I am a long time fan, and ITA with you!!!!! I wish the band was more involved with these matters. I also shelled out the cash ( like an ass) for the FC, and am very disappointed to say the least. Still, I too am hoping that the album and concert will make me feel better about a band that I love so much!
Also, I am so glad this board exists...It feels so much better reading posts from fans who feel the same way I do.
Glad to know someone agrees with me! Welcome to the ledge! Don't be afraid to share your feelings just because youre a "newbie." If people don't like or agree with what you say, it makes the discussions all the more intereseting!!
Old 03-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome, stevieNxs4life!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere, and I hope I wasn't one of the ones who made you reluctant to post here. I did bash a newbie once a few weeks ago because he rode in on his high horse with guns a-blazing and flamed all of us old timers for file sharing. Told us all we were theives and such....

Anyway, forget that. lol!

You are very welcome here, and we love to have lively discussions. Stick around, 'cause it's going to get even more interesting!

-Sharon
Old 03-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Welcome...

stevieNxs4life! Stick around and post...I dont think anyone here will make you feel reluctant to post...So have fun, Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Welcome, stevieNxs4life!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere, and I hope I wasn't one of the ones who made you reluctant to post here. I did bash a newbie once a few weeks ago because he rode in on his high horse with guns a-blazing and flamed all of us old timers for file sharing. Told us all we were theives and such....

Anyway, forget that. lol!

You are very welcome here, and we love to have lively discussions. Stick around, 'cause it's going to get even more interesting!

-Sharon
Thanks for the welcome Sharon! I did see you bash that poster..However, I totally agreed with what you said to him..haha!
..And considering I now have three songs saved to my computer..I guess I am just another "thief" along with the rest of you who share files!
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
Then I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you"...
~StevieNxs4life~ Sheila
Old 04-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Followup: My hatred is now confirmed

Quote:
Originally posted by me
Talk about poisoning the well and destroying any goodwill that fans have for the band. We've waited more or less patiently for six years, only to get royally screwed by Mick and his rip-off fan club bull$h|#. What a no-good, dishonest, greedy bastard!

I am of very mixed emotions regarding this tour. I'd like to see them if they perform in either Phoenix or Denver (each of them are about an 8-hour drive for me) but I'm almost to the point where I think "The hell with it AND them!"

I really do appreciate those of you who responded to my original rant that started this whole thread, urging me to separate the music from the personalities. Your words got me to stop a moment and think to myself, "You know, maybe they're right, I should give the band a break."

I even went as far as checking ticket prices online for the Mac shows in Phoenix and Las Vegas. And nearly choked.

$1200 for floor seats??? $375 for a nose-bleed seat???? What the blue hell is this band thinking?? The "screw the fans" mentality apparently continues to be in full effect!

I realize that they're playing smaller venues and that ticket prices probably need to be somewhat higher than "normal" to cover the expenses. But honestly, I have to ask: HOW how can they POSSIBLY justify setting ticket prices that EFFING high when the economy is in the toilet, people are losing jobs, and the country is in a war?

You know what I've decided as a result? Screw them all and the high horses they ride on. I will no longer finance their profligacy and their extravagant lifestyles when I live on 20 grand a year and eat beans and rice three times a week!

They can go fark themselves (or each other) for all I care. Put it up their noses or into their kids' college funds, it doesn't matter. But they will not be getting one thin dime of it all from me.

I will not only NOT be going to see them perform, I am NOT going to buy the new album, and I am giving serious consideration to getting rid of my entire Fleetwood Mac collection.

Marty -- Maybe you should add a "completely disgusted" icon to the list of available smilies. The "mad" one doesn't truly convey how I feel right now.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"$1200 for floor seats??? $375 for a nose-bleed seat???? "

Where were you quoted these prices? I haven't seen anything like that except on eBay.

I got my ticket for $75.00 through ticketmaster. It's not the greatest but that's the way it is for me.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 04-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stephmoore

My jaw dropped when you said $1200 floor seating was the price for the Vegas show. I couldn't begin to think that could of been correct. Well luckily for all of you going to the Vegas show, the price for floor seating is $250 at the MGM Grand.

I do believe that is a high cost, and I do not blame you, Stephmoore, for not wanting to pay it but if you are willing at least the cost for the good seats is $1,050 cheaper than you originally thought.

I hope everything works out for you and maybe you can continue to support the Mac, overall, they are a good band.

Take care and good luck.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I've been reading here and elsewhere, apparently the Phoenix show is being turned into a benefit for the Arizona Heart Institute, so that money is evidently ear-marked for charity.

There is no way under the sun that I could afford that either, but at least know that those are not the standard prices for this tour.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianna
"$1200 for floor seats??? $375 for a nose-bleed seat???? "

Where were you quoted these prices? I haven't seen anything like that except on eBay.

I got my ticket for $75.00 through ticketmaster. It's not the greatest but that's the way it is for me.

The prices that I quoted were from www.ticketsguaranteed.com. They go even higher for the front and center seats, and as low as $175 for the nose-bleed seats at the extreme back of the venue.

Ticketmaster.com doesn't even have the Phoenix show listed. They do have the Las Vegas show listed, with ticket prices as follows:

FLOOR LEVEL SEATING
$250.00

LOWER LEVEL/1ST LEVEL OFF THE FLOOR
$125.00 - $250.00

UPPER LEVEL/2ND LEVEL OFF THE FLOOR * UPSTAIRS
$85.00 - $125.00

Frankly, even $85 is out of my price range. When Stevie came to Albuquerque during her TISL tour, the tickets were in the $35 price range, which was pretty much the limit of what I could afford to pay.

I could possibly juggle things financially if the tickets were $50. But at $85 a pop, well, I have to make a choice: pay for food and utilities, or buy a concert ticket at the back of a venue, plus the cost of gas for a 10-hour drive each way, plus a hotel for the night, unless I sleep in my car. When I add all of that up, I'm basically SOL.

Keep checking eBay...... I'll probably have Fleetwood Mac stuff for sale there very soon. I'll post here when I do.

a very discouraged and depressed steph moore
Old 04-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
From what I've been reading here and elsewhere, apparently the Phoenix show is being turned into a benefit for the Arizona Heart Institute, so that money is evidently ear-marked for charity.

There is no way under the sun that I could afford that either, but at least know that those are not the standard prices for this tour.
I was wondering about the Phoenix show...that's not fair! They should do something separate for the Heart Institute...I just wanna see a good ole Mac concert....and Phoenix is the closest thing to me....but I guess I wouldn't mind my money going to something meaningful, rather than into the pockets of already too rich people....I'm also getting madder and madder by the day at this....I can't even believe the ticket prices....I'm thinking the cheapest seats must be outside of the venues from what I've been pulling up on ticket bastard....