Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh shut up ????
Is that it?

I’ve been waiting for hours for your reply.
Waiting for a good old chuckle at your reply, I am deflated.
😂😂😂😂😂
I had only been awake for about 3 minutes. First class snark requires being fully awake. And a cocktail helps, too!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I had only been awake for about 3 minutes. First class snark requires being fully awake. And a cocktail helps, too!
Hahaha....show a leg.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup! Seems to be a Finn fan attempting to create some good will and new fans for him. I’ve seen a lot of posts about Neil as well as tons of Neil vids from this person, and nothing about FM or Lindsey other than claiming how he / she loves them. Kinda like many of us joined Campbell groups when the news were first breaking. From all their posts so far looks like this person is only here now because Neil who seems to be their favorite musician has now joined FM and this person goes wherever Neil goes.
Nope. I'm a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac. One of my favorite bands of all-time.

I especially adore the songwriting of Christine McVie (especially her songs from "Bare Trees" and "Mystery To Me" which are off the charts stellar), and I also love the production/arrangements of Lindsey Buckingham. I'd rank Rumours and Tusk in my short list of favorite albums of all-time. I think I've work out my vinyl copies of each.

Stevie Nicks is a bit more hit or miss for me. "Storms", "Beautiful Child", and "Sisters of The Moon" are unbelievable gems, but I find many of her songs repetitive and uninteresting.

And, of course, Fleetwood/McVie is one of the top rhythm sections in rock music history. The work they did on songs like "You Make Loving Fun" and "Dreams" is just mind-blowing. I love that they play to highlight the song rather than call attention to their world class talent.

And I also love the songs of Danny Kirwan. What a loss that was. Danny wrote so many great songs especially "Dust" and "Woman of 1000 Years" and "Sands of Time" and "Dragonfly".

I also liked the work of Bob Welch and thought he did some great work with the band. I'm not as big into blues rock, but I recognize the brilliance of Peter Green as well.

So overall, Fleetwood Mac is clearly one of my favorite bands ever. You'll find that my posts highlight the brilliance of Fleetwood Mac (and Neil Finn) and stay clear of the negativity that permeates so many of these threads.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I'm still in between about this. I don't even like comparing Neil Finn and Lindsey Buckingham. LB is probably my favourite guitarist of all time (but I know that he can be difficult, so I'm reserving judgment on what's happened). Neil Finn obviously isn't as good a player. But Mike Campbell is very well respected and on many lists of top guitar players of any era.
Very few guitarists can match Lindsey... he is an extraordinary player and I love that Lindsey doesn't overpower the listener with his guitar playing. He always uses just the right amount of guitar to highlight what the song needs rather than trying to show off. Lindsey is, without a doubt, one of the best guitarists of all-time. And I'd also say he's one of the best producers/arrangers of all-time as well.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, shut up.

Of course other opinions are welcome. It's just odd that they weren't here until Neil was in the band.

No, not Crowded House. Fleetwood Mac.
Quote:
Oh shut up ????
Is that it?

I’ve been waiting for hours for your reply.
Waiting for a good old chuckle at your reply, I am deflated.
😂😂😂😂😂
right, ​is that it? Shut up? I was expecting more.

Sorry, no, I'm not going to shut up....

(It's currently my daughters favourite phase by the way, so I'm quite used to being told to shut up )
Old 05-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Sugar Mouse obviously has in depth knowledge about and appreciation for both acts. I think that knowledge is very helpful on this forum.
Thanks Missy. I can understand why there is so much negativity and anger on this forum. I was heartbroken when The Clash fired Mick Jones and when Marillion fired Fish. In the former case, that was the end of the Clash. In the latter case, Marillion went on to reach new heights. I'm trying to be optimistic here and focus on the positive; that a band I love now has a world class songwriter/lead man in Neil and a world class lead guitarist in Mike. Believe it or not, I actually remember when Lindsey/Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac back in the mid-70's and there were some that were angry that a great English blues rock band was hiring two no-name soft rock Los Angeles musicians. That change worked out ok.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post

(It's currently my daughters favourite phase by the way, so I'm quite used to being told to shut up )
Good for you, this is a free forum.
I was just a tad disappointed in Homers reply.
You know he’s usually, mmm how shall I put it, a bit more forthright,a bit more entertaining.
But as he said he’s only just got up...
Old 05-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post

I'll try to hold off until I've had a bit of caffeine, in the future.

Good, please don't shut up.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good for you, this is a free forum.
I was just a tad disappointed in Homers reply.
You know he’s usually, mmm how shall I put it, a bit more forthright,a bit more entertaining.
But as he said he’s only just got up...
Yep, very important that we feel free to voice our very differing opinions

Quote:
I'll try to hold off until I've had a bit of caffeine, in the future.

Good, please don't shut up.
Thanks, I won't

"Just Shut Up!" did come into mind several times over the past month whilst reading some posts on here - interestingly it wasn't yours for a change I felt it was best not to express it though, and cause further tension.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I especially adore the songwriting of Christine McVie (especially her songs from "Bare Trees" and "Mystery To Me" which are off the charts stellar), and I also love the production/arrangements of Lindsey Buckingham. I'd rank Rumours and Tusk in my short list of favorite albums of all-time. I think I've work out my vinyl copies of each.

Stevie Nicks is a bit more hit or miss for me. "Storms", "Beautiful Child", and "Sisters of The Moon" are unbelievable gems, but I find many of her songs repetitive and uninteresting.

And, of course, Fleetwood/McVie is one of the top rhythm sections in rock music history. The work they did on songs like "You Make Loving Fun" and "Dreams" is just mind-blowing. I love that they play to highlight the song rather than call attention to their world class talent.

And I also love the songs of Danny Kirwan. What a loss that was. Danny wrote so many great songs especially "Dust" and "Woman of 1000 Years" and "Sands of Time" and "Dragonfly".

I also liked the work of Bob Welch and thought he did some great work with the band. I'm not as big into blues rock, but I recognize the brilliance of Peter Green as well.
You and I must be twins separated at birth. You have described my opinion of Fleetwood Mac perfectly. I don't think I like Stevie as much as you do, and I also include the White Album on my fave album short list, but otherwise you have expressed my opinions exactly, even to your praise of Christine's early songs.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
You and I must be twins separated at birth. You have described my opinion of Fleetwood Mac perfectly. I don't think I like Stevie as much as you do, and I also include the White Album on my fave album short list, but otherwise you have expressed my opinions exactly, even to your praise of Christine's early songs.
Very cool. And I see you listed "from Cape Cod". We lived in New England for many years (mostly Boston) and I miss it a lot. Such a beautiful part of the world. And, for me, Christine is the "secret weapon" of Fleetwood Mac. She's not as prolific as some but her songwriting is so magical. I hope she and Neil start writing songs together as they have similar songwriting gifts of melody and chord changes. And I also love the White Album ... probably my 4th favorite FM album after Rumours, Tusk, and Bare Trees. Great to meet you!
Old 09-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it is to be believed I accidentally ran across a FB page that seems authentic and it says that Fleetwood Mac will have ten television appearances before the tour even starts. Says for us to listen carefully to the opening theme of American Horror Story for a special treat from Stevie. It's a wait and see and it all starts in 3 days on the Ellen show.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If it is to be believed I accidentally ran across a FB page that seems authentic and it says that Fleetwood Mac will have ten television appearances before the tour even starts. Says for us to listen carefully to the opening theme of American Horror Story for a special treat from Stevie. It's a wait and see and it all starts in 3 days on the Ellen show.
How exciting! Can you share so we can keep up with forthcoming news tidbits? (Provided of course that it is a public shareable page)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ooh cool, thats's exciting.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup! Seems to be a Finn fan attempting to create some good will and new fans for him.
It's easy to tell a Mac diehard from everybody else. There are "those questions," ya know?

While I'm not interested in Neil Finn's music (I listened to Try Whistling This and other albums on Spotify to give it a chance), maybe someone can tell me why Finn's Wikipedia page says:

On 9 April 2018, it was announced that Finn would perform with Fleetwood Mac as part of their forthcoming tour in 2018, replacing Lindsey Buckingham.

Isn't that a weird way to say it? Finn officially joined, right? I also see he put out a solo album a few months ago. Does he plan to support it? I'm getting the impression he is in Fleetwood temporarily or on some sort of contingency. Is that the wrong impression? Is he going to take off after the 2018 tour? And Lord knows what Mike Campbell is going to do. His soul seems devoted to roots and blues (not pop), and I can't see Fleetwood Mac reinventing its music the way it did in the past. The great Mike Campbell couldn't possibly enjoy playing Rhiannon and You Make Loving Fun and Don't Stop every night for the next few years, unless he's lost his mind.

Then again, I might be totally wrong (I know, right). I never would have imagined that the blues-loving Rick Vito would have felt at home doing Stevie Nicks songs. But there he was, in 1994, joining her touring band (and doing good work, too). So who knows whether Campbell will stick around.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 09-03-2018 at 07:27 PM..