Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm not talking about Stevie's fantasies. I'm referring to Carol Ann Harris and the waitress Lindsey beat up in Ken Caillat's book.

In his blog, Ken Caillat says that he saw Lindsey rough up several women.

I suppose your crush on Lindsey is more important than the women he brutalized.
Lets not pretend Stevie was morally pure during her drug fueled height, either. She forced an assistant to take the drugs she was sure were killing her. She carried on several affairs with married men. She had 4 abortions. She did so much cocaine it nearly caused her to have a brain aneurism; so she had someone administer her fix anally. Shes pushed away everyone from her early days of fame who helped her get to where she is- several died penniless and broken such as Judy Wong, Herbert Worthington, and Bob Welch. Im not even going to bring up the Kim Anderson thing, because that could be just grief... though I have my doubts.

My point being, instant fame, fortune, and hardcore drugs made everyone in the band behave poorly. Another thing to consider is so many of the accusations against everyone in the band are pretty much impossible to prove, too. So for any of us to judge them on alleged accusations from 4 decades ago seems a little ridiculous.

Oh, and nobody can accuse me of being a blind Lindsey fanboy, either. Stevie has ALWAYS been my fav band member. Ive just found her behavior over the past 10 years so appalling that I cant stand her anymore.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Or, we could just get all the people from FM, who don't beat women, together and call it Fleetwood Mac. that...
My question is if Lindsey beat a woman in a forest
and no one was around to see it, then did it really
happen?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Lets not pretend Stevie was morally pure during her drug fueled height, either. She forced an assistant to take the drugs she was sure were killing her. She carried on several affairs with married men. She had 4 abortions. She did so much cocaine it nearly caused her to have a brain aneurism; so she had someone administer her fix anally. Shes pushed away everyone from her early days of fame who helped her get to where she is- several died penniless and broken such as Judy Wong, Herbert Worthington, and Bob Welch. Im not even going to bring up the Kim Anderson thing, because that could be just grief... though I have my doubts.

My point being, instant fame, fortune, and hardcore drugs made everyone in the band behave poorly. Another thing to consider is so many of the accusations against everyone in the band are pretty much impossible to prove, too. So for any of us to judge them on alleged accusations from 4 decades ago seems a little ridiculous.

Oh, and nobody can accuse me of being a blind Lindsey fanboy, either. Stevie has ALWAYS been my fav band member. Ive just found her behavior over the past 10 years so appalling that I cant stand her anymore.
FOUR abortions? Wow, I only knew about one. So she's more than a baby killer. She's a serial baby murderer!

I always hated that she murdered Don Henley's baby. That could have been one beautiful child, with both their DNA!
Old 05-20-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
FOUR abortions? Wow, I only knew about one. So she's more than a baby killer. She's a serial baby murderer!

I always hated that she murdered Don Henley's baby. That could have been one beautiful child, with both their DNA!
We have officially hit rock bottom here. WTF.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Doesn't Sheryl Crow look appealing now that we've got Neil Finn and Mike Campbell instead?
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow (pre Christine)
OR
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow OR Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow and Neil Finn (post Buckingham split)
Do you think they even considered bringing in a female? It didn't have to be Sheryl Crow if they did but equality would have been nice - three men and three women - and with Neil (piano) and Sheryl (guitar, bass, piano) it's two for one, they sing and they play an instrument!

Bet Stevie plays this while she's having fun dancing around her apartment!
No, No with a dash of No on top. Garnished with a twist of No.
Sheryl Crow is great at what she does, but FM is in a whole different league.
Her singing is average and often shrill and her writing is mediocre and often rote.
Musically shes about as derivative as one could be.

Im not sure I know of a greater guitar player (for a big white mainstream rock act) than Mike Campbell. And hes a superb songwriter.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ew. I think Im done here too.
If anyone has some FM boards/sites that arent populated with creepy national enquirer-reading conservatives, let me know.
Im out.

Peace.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
If anyone has some FM boards/sites that arent populated with creepy national enquirer-reading conservatives, let me know.
Im out.

Peace.
Trust me, Im as liberal as they come. Im just saying if people are going to egg Lindsey for his behavior 3 decades ago, lets not pretend Stevie was any angel, either. I couldnt give a damn what any of them did back in the day... I just care what theyve done to the bands legacy this century.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ew. I think I’m done here too.
If anyone has some FM boards/sites that aren’t populated with creepy national enquirer-reading conservatives, let me know.
I’m out.

Peace.
Yeah, me too. Abortions, drug abuse, Hitler- no, not talking about the band, I'm talking about Homer McVie. Count on Homer McVie to randomly throw out the fact that Stevie had abortions and how that makes her a murderer. Of course Homer hates Stevie more than Hitler, so I guess he hates Jews. Oh, that's right, he's joking. Well, he can say things like that without being banned. Homer hates Stevie more than Hitler. He said it, and it's ok because he doesn't say that about other posters. See, here at the Ledge, name calling is ok if it's directed at the band members, it's just not ok if it's directed at other posters. So it's ok for Homer to talk about how abortion is murder. I've heard rumours that Stevie has had lesbian affairs. Tell us, Homer, does that make Stevie a sinner for having lesbian sex? Is Stevie going to hell for killing her baby, Homer? I guess you think all women who have abortions are murderers, Homer, including women here on the Ledge? Homer, please continue to tell us what's moral, please.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You would probably never guess it, but I'm 100% pro choice.

Abortion is a very hot button issue for many people, fan or not, so what's wrong with pointing out the facts? And I had no idea she'd had more than one abortion. But if I bring facts to the table, be able to accept it, whether you like it or not.

And the Hitler thing was a joke, so get over it. And yourself, bw.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 05-20-2018 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Trust me, Im as liberal as they come. Im just saying if people are going to egg Lindsey for his behavior 3 decades ago, lets not pretend Stevie was any angel, either. I couldnt give a damn what any of them did back in the day... I just care what theyve done to the bands legacy this century.
Please, its ok to talk about Lindseys abusive past and to include his daughters in the convo, but dont touch sweet Stevie, whose four little angel babies were miraculously taken away from her by the sinister stork who wanted them back.

Im out of here.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Please, its ok to talk about Lindseys abusive past and to include his daughters in the convo, but dont touch sweet Stevie, whose four little angel babies were miraculously taken away from her by the sinister stork who wanted them back.

Im out of here.
god I love you!!
Old 05-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not trying to stir up more of a hornet's nest but this is a quote from Stevie herself, indicating her mindset back in the late 80s:

"Rooms on Fire is about me. Rooms on Fire is about ~ um ~ a girl who is a rock'n'roll star who has pretty much accepted the fact that she will never ever be able to be married or have those children that she wanted or the husband that she wanted or that deep, deep love that she wanted and she's accepted it."

More here:
http://www.inherownwords.com/rooms.htm

Now that what she had spoken about has come to pass, I'm sure this has been a major sore spot for her whenever she'd think about Lindsey and his family. Having Lindsey kicked out of the band may have been a conscious (or unconscious) way for her to deal with the situation.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Want to piss off a Lindsey fan.....lie to them.

Want to piss off a Stevie fan.....tell them the truth.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Im out.

Peace.
Goodbye...
Old 05-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Want to piss off a Lindsey fan.....lie to them.

Want to piss off a Stevie fan.....tell them the truth.
Truest words ever written here.