User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I get to be Sheryl!!!!!

Because I DON'T want to sleep with Mick!!!!
You'll have to sleep with a mature Eric Clapton then.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You'll have to sleep with a mature Eric Clapton then.
I'd take Clapton just so I could have something in common with Pattie Boyd. I'll never understand why anyone was sexually attracted to Mick tbh.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'd take Clapton just so I could have something in common with Pattie Boyd. I'll never understand why anyone was sexually attracted to Mick tbh.
He looks nasty, and smelly, too!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He looks nasty, and smelly, too!
I imagine he has enough $ to buy soap, but what you say is what the drummer from Buckingham-Nicks said about Mick when that brief q&a was taking place on welcomechris's site.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's the meanest thing you've ever said to me!!

I love you, too!
Would you say that to Bob Dylan?
Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does this thread sound like an Arnel v. Steve P thread??

Fact is Sheryl wasn't asked and won't be. Lindsey doesn't need another female singer in the band and seriously, what would she add anyway??
Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I imagine he has enough $ to buy soap, but what you say is what the drummer from Buckingham-Nicks said about Mick when that brief q&a was taking place on welcomechris's site.
I was also thinking that I read it somewhere, too, that he was smelly.

I'll bet that's where it was!

Was that Gary Hodges??? If so, I'm fb friends with him, but unfollowed him a long time ago, because he posted too many annoying things.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Why does this thread sound like an Arnel v. Steve P thread??

Fact is Sheryl wasn't asked and won't be. Lindsey doesn't need another female singer in the band and seriously, what would she add anyway??
I ADORE Arnel! Steve didn't want to tour with them, so they found someone amazing who did. Most of the fans genuinely like him, IMO.

I'm glad that you know all the facts. It's about time someone around here does!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I ADORE Arnel! Steve didn't want to tour with them, so they found someone amazing who did. Most of the fans genuinely like him, IMO.

I'm glad that you know all the facts. It's about time someone around here does!:wavey:
From one old grizzled veteran of the Ledge Wars to another, I truly don't know all the facts, BUT have always treated the music business the way it should be: A BUSINESS!! Fact is, Sheryl would add nothing, despite (at that time) Christine's absence. I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From one old grizzled veteran of the Ledge Wars to another, I truly don't know all the facts, BUT have always treated the music business the way it should be: A BUSINESS!! Fact is, Sheryl would add nothing, despite (at that time) Christine's absence. I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
And I think the last thing Lindsey would want, would be for Stevie to have an ally in the band.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I think the last thing Lindsey would want, would be for Stevie to have an ally in the band.
ONCE Mick and Lindsey lost interest in trying to get into her pants, she lost a whole lot of leverage there. Now, its Christine who has all the bargaining chips......
Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ONCE Mick and Lindsey lost interest in trying to get into her pants, she lost a whole lot of leverage there. Now, its Christine who has all the bargaining chips......
Sexist much? Sheryl Crow joining or not joining the band was not based on anyone's sexual attraction to Stevie. Nor, as a matter of fact, was Stevie's membership/"leverage" in the band. Stevie's "leverage," which IMHO clearly endures today, is grounded in established songwriting talent and performance ability.

Quote:
I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
And as for too much estrogen, are you kidding me? Two women (one theatrical, one chill) on three men (2/3 equally dramatic, one chill)? Poor, poor Lindsey. Also, doesn't Lindsey have a son??

I can't picture Sheryl in Fleetwood Mac, because there is no way she could replace Christine, if that was the original intention. It would be an odd pairing for sure. Based on the earlier posts it sounds like Stevie asked her privately about joining and Sheryl killed her own chances when she went to the media. But who knows what Stevie had originally envisioned for her, other than a companion in the band. As a background singer or something like that, she would probably be alright... As a lead singer/songwriter, that would drastically change the dynamic of the band for the worse.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Until Christine came back, Colbie Caillat would have been my pick. She had a few of her own hits, her voice could easily cover Christine's songs, and there's a natural connection with the band, although I didn't know how bad relations between Ken and the band had gotten.
Colbie was just playing a venue with Mick in Maui a week or two ago. She sounded great on GYOW.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a clickbait article following on the same theme -

"Lindsey Buckingham BANNED This A-Lister From Joining Fleetwood Mac
Sheryl Crow reportedly was set to join pal Stevie Nicks and her band, Fleetwood Mac, but member Lindsey Buckingham nixed it."

apparently Fleetwood Mac is "Nicks' band" but nevertheless some lowly member of that band managed to ban Sheryl from joining.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently Fleetwood Mac is "Nicks' band" but nevertheless some lowly member of that band managed to ban Sheryl from joining.
Maybe if she had joined the band she would have collaborated on a new FM album. But wait, Stevie would have been her boss because after all, it's HER band and she would have said 'no'.
So thank you, Lindsey, if indeed you banned poor Sheryl!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.