User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You were first row center and you still didn't come here to give us a review? You had the best view of the show in this whole forum, so tell us how it was.

How can you tell people to sit down in a concert?
I didn't review cuz I was in Vegas until Wed night. It was the start of my vacation, not the end. Today I'm back at work, hence on the Ledge

Well... I wish more people had gotten up and danced. I kept dancing in front of the girl to my left who was sitting and her more butch friend was like: "stop dancing in front of my friend" while the more demure girl mouthed: "It's ok..." And I wanted to tell them: "Stand up with me!" There were a few people behind me and the girl who stole my extra seat: they kept yelling at her to sit down (maybe they knew her and were just kidding her), and she turned to me at one point between songs and said STERNLY: "DO NOT SIT DOWN!" Fortunately, I'm a really good dancer.

Anyway, as for the concert: I disagree with some of the comments about vocals: Lindsey dominated. The note he holds on "Never Going Back Again" with his hand in the air like a baton was ... breathtaking. Christine, on the other hand, seemed unsure and Lindsey overwhelmed her in the harmonies entirely ON HER SONGS. Her best vocal was the gorgeous "Wish You Were."

ALL of the new songs played superbly live. I think it was during "Feel About You" that we first started dancing, but I wanted to during "Sleeping Around the Corner." I'm just old and fat now and more shy. But once my larcenous seatmate forced me to stand up and dance... I wouldn't stop...

My favorite of the new songs live was "Lay Down for Free" ... it was so anthemic--I wore my vocal chords out on that one. I think at this point Lindsey started really eye-"handshaking" the girl who stole my seat (maybe it started earlier); I just remembered him really being like shaking his head "no no" "I don't lay down for free" while giving her kissy faces.

Since I didn't go to any of the Mac shows in the last tour, it was great to hear "Everywhere" and "Little Lies" live. It was weird that Lindsey seemed the lead singer on "Little Lies." After it was over, I reflexively called out: "Yeah! Lindseeeey!" and then I was like "oh shoot" and turned and yelled out: "Yeah! Christine" (I was located right between Christine and Lindsey).

The acoustic portion was a superb opening, in my opinion. "Shut Us Down" proves that it holds up as a modern classic. Lindsey is so cute with his one-handed playing at the end, always toying with the audience.

Lindsey was a chatterbox. Christine let him. Lindsey and Christine both looked GREAT. Lindsey sounded great. Christine didn't, but it's OK. When she hit sweet spots in her weathered voice, it was ethereal.

I think(?) the cutest interaction was during Go Your Own Way when Linds sings the "shacking up, packing up" line because Christine was like: "Who? me!? No!" LOL

At the final bow and exit, I think Lindsey registered my gesture that we wanted a second album. Here's hoping.

ETA: I forgot about "YMLF". I love watching Lindsey play guitar on that song; he really gets into it. And I think that's the song Christine kinda gestured towards the audience (me???) as if I made loving fun.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-28-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Old 07-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well... I wish more people had gotten up and danced. I kept dancing in front of the girl to my left who was sitting and her more butch friend was like: "stop dancing in front of my friend" while the more demure girl mouthed: "It's ok..." And I wanted to tell them: "Stand up with me!" There were a few people behind me and the girl who stole my extra seat: they kept yelling at her to sit down (maybe they knew her and were just kidding her), and she turned to me at one point between songs and said STERNLY: "DO NOT SIT DOWN!" Fortunately, I'm a really good dancer.
There was much activity on Lindsey's side. I will never understand people who go to a concert and doesn't want to stand up and dance. You're in a concert! You're supposed to be dancing and singing!
Fortunately, on Phoenix people were dancing and singing since "Sleeping around the corner". I was practically the whole concert rocking.

Quote:
Anyway, as for the concert: I disagree with some of the comments about vocals: Lindsey dominated. The note he holds on "Never Going Back Again" with his hand in the air like a baton was ... breathtaking. Christine, on the other hand, seemed unsure and Lindsey overwhelmed her in the harmonies entirely ON HER SONGS. Her best vocal was the gorgeous "Wish You Were."
I was also shocked to hear Lindsey dominating Feel About You. I practically couldn't hear Christine when she was singing with Lindsey. It was weird.

Quote:
ALL of the new songs played superbly live. I think it was during "Feel About You" that we first started dancing, but I wanted to during "Sleeping Around the Corner." I'm just old and fat now and more shy. But once my larcenous seatmate forced me to stand up and dance... I wouldn't stop...

My favorite of the new songs live was "Lay Down for Free" ... it was so anthemic--I wore my vocal chords out on that one. I think at this point Lindsey started really eye-"handshaking" the girl who stole my seat (maybe it started earlier); I just remembered him really being like shaking his head "no no" "I don't lay down for free" while giving her kissy faces.
Haha! Lindsey will never change! He is adorable on stage with Christine!

Quote:
The acoustic portion was a superb opening, in my opinion. "Shut Us Down" proves that it holds up as a modern classic. Lindsey is so cute with his one-handed playing at the end, always toying with the audience.
I also love SUD! He's in control of the audience and Christine let him. She knows how to make him happy.

Quote:
Lindsey was a chatterbox. Christine let him. Lindsey and Christine both looked GREAT. Lindsey sounded great. Christine didn't, but it's OK. When she hit sweet spots in her weathered voice, it was ethereal.
I think they both sound and look great! Christine is improving.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unless the aerobics guy was the guy on the faaaaar right who kept raising his arms in the air without really moving.
I know who you're talking about. No, I guess it was you.

You're really good raising your legs while dancing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was the aerobic one. ... And there were only two of us dancing front center: Me and the girl who stole my extra stubhub seat. ... everyone else was telling us to sit down
You mean you had an extra ticket and she sat on that seat? Why didn't you post it here? I'd have bought it. And we could have done aerobics together.

I was on Christine's side, near jbrownsjr.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was also shocked to hear Lindsey dominating Feel About You. I practically couldn't hear Christine when she was singing with Lindsey. It was weird.
did he dominate on the chorus, or throughout the verses too??

coz she was totally audible and more on the lead in the verses in Seattle for sure

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-29-2017 at 08:02 PM..
Old 07-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
did he dominate on the chorus, or throughout the verses too??

coz she was totally audible and more on the lead in the verses in Seattle for sure
Troughout the verses. When he started singing, I was like: "wth?! shouldn't Christine be singing?". It was weird because you're used to hear the song sang by Christine. Maybe she was having some voice problems. It was the same in Phoenix.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Troughout the verses. When he started singing, I was like: "wth?! shouldn't Christine be singing?". It was weird because you're used to hear the song sang by Christine. Maybe she was having some voice problems. It was the same in Phoenix.
Little Lies was completely dominated by Lindsey.

I thought there must be something wrong with her microphone or the sound mix was lopsided(?). She also seemed low-volume when they were her songs vs. Lindsey's.

Finally, forgot to mention, I HATE the pre-recorded backing track--especially for vocals.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sadly Christine's voice has deteriorated since even the last tour. Not that's it's her fault she is 74 for goodness sakes. Good for her for getting out there. I think the next tour should be the last for sure. I think however they can still sound good in the studio and those two should for sure do one more album together. No need to tour.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean you had an extra ticket and she sat on that seat? Why didn't you post it here? I'd have bought it. And we could have done aerobics together.

I was on Christine's side, near jbrownsjr.
I did post it somewhere on the Ledge but got no response.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for posting Richard's pic. Glad he got to see them and hang out.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Closer in touch with both? So as to produce BVII?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BVII sounds a-ok to me
Old 08-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Closer in touch with both? So as to produce BVII?
Ohhh, that would be awesome!
Old 10-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Ledgie

Sorry to revive this thread, but I didn't have the opportunity to post when this was relevant.

Anyways, here's a little story that happened before the concert regarding the backing band:

I saw Jimmy Paxson, the drummer, and Brett Tuggle, the keyboardist, at the (redacted for privacy reasons for their behalf) at the Monte Carlo. They were there like after 6 pm, and they had their own "team member seating." I didn't bother them, since they were eating. But I was lurking and looking at them, since I wanted to wish them luck so bad. I was on Mtn. Dew, so I wouldn't have been pleasant to meet due to the nervousness from the caffeine. Those who are brave to talk to music people, I salute you.

Also, here are the audio instrumentals that play in between the opening act and the show:

Think About Me (I apologize for my talking, loud crowd chit chat, and poorly singing one chorus lyric):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqWub1Bx8Ub7hgLFn17yGbMM3FXw

I have the San Jose one of Think About Me instrumental, but I don't think it's as good as the one above because during the set-up they were testing out the guitars during it.

Red Rover (I apologize if it sounds botched because of my talking and/or the crowd having loud chit chat):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqWub1Bx8Ub7hgHeAmSWu18BQ77J

Video from far away w/ TrueFaith77 dancing at the front:

I'm So Afraid:

Tusk:

Everywhere:

Various Clips:

Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-21-2017 at 02:44 PM..