User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyval View Post
Do they only allow the people that have those seat up there or anyone on the floor can come up?
It depends on how determined you are. One of my fave stories to read was when Elle had a seat on the floor near the back and as soon as the lights went down she zoomed up to the front, jumping over chairs, climbing over people and flying across the rafters. In a moments time she landed in front of Lindsey and no one knew different.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This past tour, I was first row on Lindsey's side of the stage. Someone with Fleetwood Mac (not with the venue) approached our row before the show started and said that when we heard the crickets sound, to get up and walk the 4-5 feet to the stage so that we could stay first row. He then let the next few rows up after we were at the stage. Frankly, I never looked behind me to see how many rows were actually up and behind me.

This upcoming tour, I have tickets for third row in the middle section. Not sure if they're aisle seats or not. I am hoping to hop out of my seat and get right to the stage again- in between Stevie and Lindsey, preferably.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It depends on how determined you are. One of my fave stories to read was when Elle had a seat on the floor near the back and as soon as the lights went down she zoomed up to the front, jumping over chairs, climbing over people and flying across the rafters. In a moments time she landed in front of Lindsey and no one knew different.
That is awesome! Wish I had the guts to do that! I wonder if she got tix to Chicago and if she did, is she going to do that again?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
That is awesome! Wish I had the guts to do that! I wonder if she got tix to Chicago and if she did, is she going to do that again?
That's pretty similar to what I did in Chicago. Our seats were further back than yours, too! You should try next time
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does that work in every arena? Probably helped that the lights were off. These days MSG has ushers everywhere. I might be better off trying Hartford or Newark...though the NYC show is bound to be better with all the reviewers from the NY media.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
That's pretty similar to what I did in Chicago. Our seats were further back than yours, too! You should try next time
I just might. If Elle did get tix (I've got mine already, Sec 105 on LB's side) or is waiting until tomorrow or Monday to get them, maybe I'll see her there and we can run together.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
I just might. If Elle did get tix (I've got mine already, Sec 105 on LB's side) or is waiting until tomorrow or Monday to get them, maybe I'll see her there and we can run together.
ok. a little clarification. the event vivfox described happened in Philly and it has been a bit augmented in this year since it happened . while most of the running over chairs is true, i actually had Mick's ticket which was in 2nd row, and not at the back. but it was all the way to the side, so there was a long path to LB's mic.

nope, i'm happy to report i spent no dollars or cents so far on any FM shows this year, including Chicago.

running form the back of the floor can work if you actually have a ticket on the floor; i don't know that it works if you are not on the floor since there are usually security or ushers at all entrances to the floor.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Does that work in every arena?
no, it doesn't. it really depends and it's hard to know upfront.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This stuff with the girls.... I believe it has happened, but not on the grand scale that Elle implies. In the many shows I've attended, I've never seen it myself nor been asked to move, and I am not a blonde bombshell by any means. I think it typically must only happen on a small scale.
i'm not implying, i'm just describing what i saw and heard. i went to 9 shows last year, and some of my closest friends saw about as many additional ones. that gives me about 20 shows worth of info. it was getting worse as the tour was progressing.

and no, i was never asked to move if i was already at the stage but some of my friends in Dublin were. and at least at the 2 separate shows the girls behind me were very clear about being picked out from all over the arena and brought to the stage as newly minted "VIPs" as soon as the lights went down.

btw, vivfox was describing my run to the stage when the lights went down. let me tell ya, i'm an amateur on how to get there effectively compared to sodascouts!

Old 04-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
btw, vivfox was describing my run to the stage when the lights went down. let me tell ya, i'm an amateur on how to get there effectively compared to sodascouts!
Soda is definitely the queen. I've been noting her tips because I've got Row S seats on Christine's side for DC and definitely plan to be in front of Christine when the lights go down.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Anyone else on here I'm a wheelchair/ disabled by chance? I would kill for a really strong friend to hold me up. Lol. Last year I went to my first Mac show in Detroit and it stands as one of the happiest best days of my life. I bought accessible seats the day of and actually lucked out because the midrange accessible seats at that venue were super close to the stage but side view (Lindsey's side. Personally would've died to be on Stevie's side but what can you do? We accidentally went in to the higher priced accessible seats and they were dead center but so far back so it's confusing to know how to go.

I'm not paralyzed and I did stand (as did several others in wheelchairs near me) for parts of the show. I sure cant stand for the whole show though there's half a part of my brain crazy enough to try. I'm worried either way though because I am TINY. 4'11" and I believe stage heights last year were often around that range so my neck definitely can't handle that and if I were even behind just a few rows I'm kind of screwed.

What is it like on the floor? (I know the Detroit venue this year has a policy where they can wheel me from door to my seat in one of their chairs so I could leave mine at home). What's the possibility that if I did run up to the front I could later go sit back down? I assume I'd never make it back anywhere close if I did but it may well be worth it just to do it part of the time. Adrenaline allows a body to do incredible things. So do pain meds. I mean say I shell out a high price even for say second row. I assume most people in that row are out of their seats in the front standing. But I could go sit back down, yeah?

I need to call the venue and figure out where their accessible seats even are. I'm nervous since it is a bigger venue and I've been once actually on the floor for a different show many years ago and hated sitting and I know my view won't be good if I do sit for part of it but I know for sure I can do Detroir. I'm hoping to hit a few others but I'm prepared to go all out for Detroit because my health may not allow me elsewhere. And I know this may sound insane to some of you (others of you no doubt get me though) but even if I land in the hospital it would be worth it to me. Being as sick as I am makes me that much more willing to do whatever it takes to live out my dreams. This is pretty big on my list. (Second only to my somewhat crazy desire to hang out with Stevie for the day So... Anyone have any advice or thoughts? I'm stressing out a bit trying to figure out my best seating options and being disabled puts me at a major disadvantage. I have no way of knowing where I will be physically in October. But I want to get as close as possible. And gosh I envy the chair hopping stories! As is I probably have to go alone because my friend is holding out at a $100 max ticket limit and obviously even going accessible seats we'd be pretty darn far away. So I don't know.

Thoughts?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post

What is it like on the floor? (I know the Detroit venue this year has a policy where they can wheel me from door to my seat in one of their chairs so I could leave mine at home). What's the possibility that if I did run up to the front I could later go sit back down?
You can easily go sit back down. I mean, you may have to push past a couple of people to get out of the fray, but it's much easier to leave than to push your way in. The people in the first rows usually vacate their seats to stand at the stage, so you could probably find an empty seat in one of the first three rows to occupy once the show begins.

Michele
Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sorry for writing a whole novel. I'm probably over thinking it all.

By the way- sounds like some of you got awesome last minute seats last year, yes? Did you just buy them at the box office before the show? How good of seats did you manage? I like that option as far as if I do manage to travel to hit a few shows since I can't know until much closer to the show if I will even be well enough to travel. And some mentioned lower prices? I paid full price day of for the accessible seats but then again maybe I didn't and didn't know. I'm not sure. Just wondering though. My friend with the $100 price limit should be living in Chicago by the time of the show and we were talking going to that one. If his personal limit is $100 would we be better off waiting until later to buy? He's nowhere near the sort of fan I am and last years show was actually his first big concert but $100 at the higher priced much larger venues won't likely buy him a seat half as good as what we scored for like $60 last year (with the accessible seating itself giving us the advantage) and if I go all out in Detroit I'm not going to have much money myself for other shows. So waiting may be a better choice for those?

Too easy to get into that whole "must buy now" panic. I've bought tickets to other shows the minute they went on sale and been bummed so I'm weary. But I also think we were extraordinarily lucky last year too so again, I'm nervous to wait....
Old 04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You can easily go sit back down. I mean, you may have to push past a couple of people to get out of the fray, but it's much easier to leave than to push your way in. The people in the first rows usually vacate their seats to stand at the stage, so you could probably find an empty seat in one of the first three rows to occupy once the show begins.

Michele
Awesome. Thanks. That's very helpful. From where we say last year it was hard to tell what was going on down on the floor beyond the rush of people up at the stage. I've also only been on the floor at the same venue the Detroit show will be at for Sarah McLachlan so totally different type of show and there was no rushing to the front of the stage. In fact I may have gotten in trouble just for moving forward to snap a picture! Totally different thing with FM though.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Yayyyyyyyyy

I looked through the presales for Boston on the 31st.
Kept debating over how much money I wanted to spend. This is my third concert and the last 2 I sat in nosebleed seats so this time I figured all or nothing. I was confused because I didn't know what row you had to be in to stand up near the stage. I've never had tickets on the floor or behind that for anything, even something like Disney on Ice. So I was worried you had to be in the first 5 or 10 rows.
The Platinum tickets varied from 650-1000. I saw the Mick VIP but researched other sites. Then the Mick VIP one I was looking at wasn't showing up anymore and I started freaking out. I was like nooo please I'll pay 750 I swear if that ticket just shows up again.
And boom It showed up in my search again and I bought it immediately.
So $754 for section B (which is the middle) and row 2, seat 9.
I thought that was a pretty good deal after seeing the closest platinum seat was row 4 and most of the rest were row 12.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'll jump over the first row when the lights go down if they don't let us up there before.