The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I'd want a tour with a lot of goodies and rarities, I'd bet we'd get this with 4 or 5 new songs sprinkled in;

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Oh Daddy
Second Hand News
Little Lies
Everywhere
Tusk
Go Insane
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Never Going Back Again
I'm So Afraid
Big Love
Hold Me
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird
Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not necessarily a dream set list but a bit of a guess;

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

Encore: Hold Me, Go Your Own Way, Why

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

You had me at Why!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will be so boring if they do the Mac standards. This is the time for creativity (Lindsey has tonnes of it remember ), come up with an interesting set list!

Hold Me must be on it.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed- they are not going to perform that many FM songs. Remember, according to them, this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I anticipate a 16-17 song set list, with more than a few long guitar solos.

I'm So Afraid
World Turning
Songbird
Big Love
Never Going Back Again

Maybe Don't Stop and Hold Me.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

please no Trouble! would LOVE Hold Me though! Little Lies went over extremely well on the last Mac tour so they might do that one again. and i loved SYLM, wouldn't mind that at all.

what i would love to hear from LB (besides the new songs and minus IMW) is - Rodeo and To Try For the Sun. IOOT and/or TTWLG again. Rock Away Blind with full outro. and of course Walk A Thin Line.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

no particular order:
I'd rather go blind
Why
Got A hold on me
Morning Rain
The way I feel
Remember me
Did you ever love me
World Turning
5 from the new album
with Lindsey it's so varied another 8 would take a lot of thought...
Old 04-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can't see them being too adventurous with the setlist outside of the new stuff, which I hope they integrate well. My thoughts...22 songs, 6 new ones which I won't bother naming at this point without hearing them all, and one solo song each...

Monday Morning
Isn't it Midnight
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
Eyes of the World
Spare Me a Little
Countdown
Got a Hold On Me
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
World Turning
Big Love
NEW SONG
Save Me a Place
NEW SONG
Hold Me
I'm So Afraid
Little Lies
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird
Old 04-16-2017, 03:14 PM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and now for something completely different, just ran into this on twitter - natural unprocessed voice (how different from the most recent song!) and pretty raw demo of Rodeo - i want this song in BuckVie setlist!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
no particular order:
I'd rather go blind
Why
Got A hold on me
Morning Rain
The way I feel
Remember me
Did you ever love me
World Turning
5 from the new album
with Lindsey it's so varied another 8 would take a lot of thought...
haha, since you did Christine, I'll do my Lindsey wishes, because i have MANY -

Setlist – 22 songs - 6 new ones, 8 Chris, 8 Linds

Lindsey staples – Big Love, GYOW, NGBA, ISA (i wish NGBA gone but probably won't happen. actually with Chris and backing band, Tusk will probably be there, and maybe SHN. which means no space for interesting solo or deep cuts, practically. we'll probably get NTF or best case scenario BTLH. argh Lindsey. )

Lindsey extras that i'd like to see if he does only 4 staples – Rodeo, TTWLG, WATL, TTFTS, RAB

Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haha, since you did Christine, I'll do my Lindsey wishes, because i have MANY -

Setlist – 22 songs - 6 new ones, 8 Chris, 8 Linds

Lindsey staples – Big Love, GYOW, NGBA, ISA (i wish NGBA gone but probably won't happen. actually with Chris and backing band, Tusk will probably be there, and maybe SHN. which means no space for interesting solo or deep cuts, practically. we'll probably get NTF or best case scenario BTLH. argh Lindsey. )

Lindsey extras that i'd like to see if he does only 4 staples – Rodeo, TTWLG, WATL, TTFTS, RAB
What is TTFTS?
I cant see them not playing their more recognisable solo songs. For that reason I think its a given they'll play Go Insane and/or Trouble- probably both. You might not like them but I think they are songs he's always going to include in a set.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What is TTFTS?
I cant see them not playing their more recognisable solo songs. For that reason I think its a given they'll play Go Insane and/or Trouble- probably both. You might not like them but I think they are songs he's always going to include in a set.
TTFTS is To Try For the Sun - his gorgeous Donovan cover. Other songs that i listed if people don't know what they stand for:
TTWLG - That's The Way Love Goes
WATL - Walk A Thin Line
RAB - Rock Away Blind (with full outro)

instead of some of these, he can also do Wait For You, Right Place To Fade, Gift of Screws, or Underground, and i'd be pretty ecstatic. Gone Too Far. or Turn It On. Illumination. he has a huge list of both rockers and ballads he can do.

even solo, Lindsey doesn't play Go Insane, and he seriously considered not playing Trouble his last solo tour. he doesn't play Holiday Road and that is his most recognizable solo song, by far. i don't see ANY need for him to do these songs on BuckVie tour. for recognizable he will do his staples. that's more than enough!

i do think he will give us 2 songs the most that we normally don't hear from him, either solo or with the mac. on the last Mac tour, he did no interesting or different songs (except BTLH in AUS). on solo tours he usually throws in about 2-4 different songs than what he normally does, depending on whether it's a tour promoting a new album (and therefore with 6 new songs), or something like OMS - where we got Castaway Dreams, Bleed to Love Her, Come, Stephanie, and Not Too Late as non-staple songs. well, and Poor Little Raven at the first 2 shows. and Rock Away Blind as a by request encore at a good number of shows.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
TTFTS is To Try For the Sun - his gorgeous Donovan cover. Other songs that i listed if people don't know what they stand for:
TTWLG - That's The Way Love Goes
WATL - Walk A Thin Line
RAB - Rock Away Blind (with full outro)

instead of some of these, he can also do Wait For You, Right Place To Fade, Gift of Screws, or Underground, and i'd be pretty ecstatic. Gone Too Far. or Turn It On. Illumination. he has a huge list of both rockers and ballads he can do.

even solo, Lindsey doesn't play Go Insane, and he seriously considered not playing Trouble his last solo tour. he doesn't play Holiday Road and that is his most recognizable solo song, by far. i don't see ANY need for him to do these songs on BuckVie tour. for recognizable he will do his staples. that's more than enough!

i do think he will give us 2 songs the most that we normally don't hear from him, either solo or with the mac. on the last Mac tour, he did no interesting or different songs (except BTLH in AUS). on solo tours he usually throws in about 2-4 different songs than what he normally does, depending on whether it's a tour promoting a new album (and therefore with 6 new songs), or something like OMS - where we got Castaway Dreams, Bleed to Love Her, Come, Stephanie, and Not Too Late as non-staple songs. well, and Poor Little Raven at the first 2 shows. and Rock Away Blind as a by request encore at a good number of shows.

I'll have to bow to your better knowledge- but are you sure about him not playing Go Insane on solo tours???
I personally think he'll go with as much familiar stuff as possible for the reason it isn't a solo tour. He's probably going to have a lot more Fleetwood Mac fans at these shows than he would at solo concerts- he'll therefore be mindful of catering to significant numbers that wont be familiar with his solo work. That's not to say he wont play any of those favourites you mention, but I think it likely he'll want to play Go Insane and Trouble as the crowd will generally be familiar with them. We''ll see.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!
Lindstine, I love it!

No Stevie!

Want to hear a lot of the new stuff and some deep cuts. No doubt there will be the Mac classics from each one.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll have to bow to your better knowledge- but are you sure about him not playing Go Insane on solo tours???
I personally think he'll go with as much familiar stuff as possible for the reason it isn't a solo tour. He's probably going to have a lot more Fleetwood Mac fans at these shows than he would at solo concerts- he'll therefore be mindful of catering to significant numbers that wont be familiar with his solo work. That's not to say he wont play any of those favourites you mention, but I think it likely he'll want to play Go Insane and Trouble as the crowd will generally be familiar with them. We''ll see.
which i think is a great chance for him to showcase those fans some of his superb solo stuff, beyond songs like Trouble that everyone already knows and it doesn't add anything.

you are right though re Go Insane - he did do it on every solo tour i believe, sometimes the fast version, and sometimes the slow solo one (a-la Big Love arrangement). also just full disclosure, i love both version of Go Insane.

see the problem with the ones i mention is that he does not play them (beyond maybe a single tour, if that. he has to throw in the straw to solo fans, if he does Go Insane and Trouble, GYOW, NGBA, ISA, Big Love, Tusk and Second Hand News, that's LB's 8 then, done. so other than new songs, and Christine's stuff, i got nothing that interests me from Lindsey. i've heard these 8 already tons of times. that's how it was on the last FM tour for me - i was basically going for Christine's songs. there was nothing i was getting new or of interest from Lindsey.