User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This was an obvious move, but I despaired that they would ever make the leap and take it. I'm so glad this is happening. It's so exciting to think that we could have new music from them in just a few months.
I'm happy that you're happy because you certainly spent a lot of time suggesting to them the different ways they could release this music without alienating Stevie.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
#1 Trending Topic on Facebook.
yeah noticed.

and that's trending organically (pun intended ) resulting from a single short interview, not sponsored by bunch of big money promoters or labels. very cool!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Yyyyyeeeeeeeeesssss

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY about this news!!

My life has been sh*t for awhile, so I am ecstatic about this!! Can't wait to hear the new tunes!!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
On the plus side, at least Mick won't be able to yell "The Mac Is Back!!!" after the shows.
Absolute best quote in this thread so far, IMO.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i mentioned to someone i was talking to about Christine and Lindsey trending on social media, and they said something interesting:

if album is by Fleetwood Mac, they would need all current members to:
a) sign off on the release
b) get any royalties from it ((granted there won't be much, same as it wouldn't have from all 5 FM album, but legally).
so not calling it FM, unless they wanted to fire Stevie first, maybe purely a contractual thing.

not personal, just business.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i mentioned to someone i was talking to about Christine and Lindsey trending on social media, and they said something interesting:

b) get any royalties from it ((granted there won't be much, same as it wouldn't have from all 5 FM album, but legally).
so not calling it FM, unless they wanted to fire Stevie first, maybe purely a contractual thing.

I thought sole ownership of the name was to Mick and John, thereby meaning they legally could release an "FM" album even if it were only those two playing lyric-less drum-n-bass music if they so desired.

To my knowledge, there is no current recording contract or future royalty agreement between the members of the band, and no reason why this would've changed between 2013 (the last release of music under the FM name, and of course sans Christine, when they were under no recording contract) and now. I have no official verification of this, but I'm thinking this was done for reasons other than legal obligations. Just my .02
Old 01-14-2017, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Too much!! lol
Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

If it is contractual it probably has to do with the ensuing world tour. Otherwise, my guess is that it's a way to do new music without alienating their cash cow queen.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My initial reaction is...wow, cool. So much of their combined music has been so good over the years, that there is no reason to believe that this won't be a really good release. A few questions though...

1. Is it really going to be duets? Like, they each take turns singing solo on every song? Because that would seem to be maybe not as interesting for a whole CD. I guess Don't Stop and World Turning could be termed duets, though I never thought of them that way, not in the way that Stop Draggin' My Heart Around or Leather and Lace were. But some of their best songs (i.e. Hold Me, Eyes of the World) don't have separate vocals.

2. Do you think there will be a tour? If so, what size venues do you think they'll play?

3. What will Stevie's reaction to all of this be?

4. Most importantly, will they reprise the Buckingham Nicks album cover with an updated but similarly posed shot of Lindsey and Christine?

Kevin
Old 01-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
#1 Trending Topic on Facebook.
And on Google, common searches include:

"Christine McVie Lindsey Buckingham affair"

"Were Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham ever married?"

The spinning has begun.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
My initial reaction is...wow, cool. So much of their combined music has been so good over the years, that there is no reason to believe that this won't be a really good release. A few questions though...

1. Is it really going to be duets? Like, they each take turns singing solo on every song? Because that would seem to be maybe not as interesting for a whole CD. I guess Don't Stop and World Turning could be termed duets, though I never thought of them that way, not in the way that Stop Draggin' My Heart Around or Leather and Lace were. But some of their best songs (i.e. Hold Me, Eyes of the World) don't have separate vocals.

2. Do you think there will be a tour? If so, what size venues do you think they'll play?

3. What will Stevie's reaction to all of this be?

4. Most importantly, will they reprise the Buckingham Nicks album cover with an updated but similarly posed shot of Lindsey and Christine?

Kevin

To #1: I'd say yes and no, depending on the songs. Chris and Lindsey harmonize very well together so...

To#2: Probably smaller halls and theatres, about 2000 seaters, max.

To #3: She will likely make passive aggressive comments that pretend to be supportive. She is not alone in doing this. Chris, Lindsey, and Mick have all done this before, too.

To #4: Lord, I hope not!
Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thank you for that. You made me guffaw out loud. I had thought of exactly what you took the time to do. You rock

Kevin
Old 01-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Did a Woman cowrite a whole album with the 'impossible to work with' Buckingham and actually loved to do it!? now that can't be right!

Its a Miracle
Old 01-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Too much!! lol
Someone posted that on FB... they are really trending.. lol
Old 01-14-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Thank you for that. You made me guffaw out loud. I had thought of exactly what you took the time to do. You rock

Kevin
Thanks... but I can't take credit for it... found it on FB