Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Duet vs duo

i keep reading these comments, and not from casual fans or lay peeps, but from hardcore fans here who should know better! seriously people?? you thought this album was gonna be duets?? since when FM do duets? was BN a duet album?? or an album by a duo?

since the first time i read that one article that was titled LB and CM to release a duets album, i just knew general public will becompletely confused by that stupid title. and by LB's weird expressions (burning the bridges anyone?). but people here?? seriously?!?!?!? did you REALLY though you will get duets?

what i still hope is that we will get a few songs like TAM or Hold Me where LB and CM trade lines. but did i think that was gonna be on EVERY song? when there are only 4 FM songs where they do that even though they have a few more cowrites? of course not!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they only called it duets to point out the you know who was absent. You know, Fleetwood Mac without her is STILL Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

I wasn't expecting an album of all duets, but I did hope to hear a LOT more harmonies than what we've heard so far. So far, it seems we've heard two Lindsey solo tracks, and one Christine solo track. I'm getting the feeling this album will probably be just five Lindsey solo tracks and five Christine solo tracks slapped together to make an album. I was thinking we'd hear a lot more of them all over the chorus, with background vocals at least, on each other's songs. I'm pretty disappointed so far.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

elle is right

still wish there was more Christine on the harmonies, though

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think they only called it duets to point out the you know who was absent. You know, Fleetwood Mac without her is STILL Fleetwood Mac.
I also think that was the reason. They needed to point out that it was NOT a FM album. I guess to explain you're doing a duets album with two musicians who are not in fact doing any song together is a bit long.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:37 PM

I actually don't remember them ever saying that this was going to be an album of duets, but a they did refer to it once or twice as a duet album (The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album.) which can have a different meaning; however I still think that Christine is scandalously underused at least in these songs we heard, maybe the rest of the album it's different but in that case choosing to release as first tracks that showcase Christine the least would be a criminally wrong marketing strategy.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I actually don't remember them ever saying that this was going to be an album of duets, but a they did refer to it once or twice as a duet album (The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album.) which can have a different meaning; however I still think that Christine is scandalously underused at least in these songs we heard, maybe the rest of the album it's different but in that case choosing to release as first tracks that showcase Christine the least would be a criminally wrong marketing strategy.
They are to blame for the word "duet" being used at all.... because both of them have used it. Didn't she even use the word on Jools Holland??

They are a duo.... or at least that's the word that reflects their intention.

The songs are most definitely NOT duets, based on the 3 we've heard so far. I'd go so far as to say they don't sound like they are a duo either-- a term that implies collaboration.

And so far it all sounds very Lindsey solo album, musically and otherwise.

I don't hear ANY musical influence of Christine at all. Her scribbling some lyrics to one of his musical tracks, even if she sings the lead vocal, is NOT hearing her influence/style.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BINGO!
Correct answer!
******balloons dropping*****

Claim your prize!
Old 05-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BINGO!
Correct answer!
******balloons dropping*****

Claim your prize!
Doesn't billing themselves as Buckingham/McVie already point out that you-know-who is absent?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i keep reading these comments, and not from casual fans or lay peeps, but from hardcore fans here who should know better! seriously people?? you thought this album was gonna be duets?? since when FM do duets? was BN a duet album?? or an album by a duo?

since the first time i read that one article that was titled LB and CM to release a duets album, i just knew general public will becompletely confused by that stupid title. and by LB's weird expressions (burning the bridges anyone?). but people here?? seriously?!?!?!? did you REALLY though you will get duets?

what i still hope is that we will get a few songs like TAM or Hold Me where LB and CM trade lines. but did i think that was gonna be on EVERY song? when there are only 4 FM songs where they do that even though they have a few more cowrites? of course not!

THANKS for stating that! I never got the sentiment that Lindsey and Christine were going to sing and be proliferate on each others' tracks. And was kind of puzzled as to why so many people were bummed that Chris wasn't heard on Lindsey's song(s)?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They are to blame for the word "duet" being used at all.... because both of them have used it. Didn't she even use the word on Jools Holland??

They are a duo.... or at least that's the word that reflects their intention.

The songs are most definitely NOT duets, based on the 3 we've heard so far. I'd go so far as to say they don't sound like they are a duo either-- a term that implies collaboration.

And so far it all sounds very Lindsey solo album, musically and otherwise.

I don't hear ANY musical influence of Christine at all. Her scribbling some lyrics to one of his musical tracks, even if she sings the lead vocal, is NOT hearing her influence/style.
I agree with everything you said, especially the part about the three songs sounding like a LB solo outing. And I did expect at least a few duets in the vein of Hold Me, and I'm confused why they didn't. Christine dueted with Billy on Do You Know and Stevie dueted with Rick on Love is Dangerous. Hmmm...
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
THANKS for stating that! I never got the sentiment that Lindsey and Christine were going to sing and be proliferate on each others' tracks. And was kind of puzzled as to why so many people were bummed that Chris wasn't heard on Lindsey's song(s)?
Many people seem to be looking for something to hate re buckvie. I find some complaints funny and sad at the same time.
That said - as somebody already called me on it - pot kettle in my case. At the time of SWS I thought SATC is way too light of a song for LB and that one sounds almost heavy compared to other 2 they released.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Many people seem to be looking for something to hate re buckvie. I find some complaints funny and sad at the same time.
That said - as somebody already called me on it - pot kettle in my case. At the time of SWS I thought SATC is way too light of a song for LB and that one sounds almost heavy compared to other 2 they released.
au contraire -- some of us are looking for something to LIKE and even, daggone it, LOVE about this. I find the fact that we haven't gotten anything to fill that bill (yes, my opinion) is what is sad and disappointing. I mean, it's them, and I'll be buying it and I already have seats for the tour.....but......it needs to be better than 24k Gold dreck, and so far..........
Old 05-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with everything you said, especially the part about the three songs sounding like a LB solo outing. And I did expect at least a few duets in the vein of Hold Me, and I'm confused why they didn't. Christine dueted with Billy on Do You Know and Stevie dueted with Rick on Love is Dangerous. Hmmm...
Not to mention that Billy and Rick dueted with each other on When The Sun Goes Down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey's songs could feature more definitive audible contributions from Christine. While I don't hate the songs, I don't love them, but they work well when played together.

THE Stephen Hopkins