Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default "The Chain" featured in new Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 trailer

We've know for a while that The Chain was going to be on the GOTG2 soundtrack, its great to hear it featured as the main song in this new trailer. I love the Marvel movies, and the first GOTG flick provided major exposure to a lot of great 1970s pop/rock tunes. I expect this one to be even more popular. Nice to see FM represented!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer
Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, and it sounds a little different from the versions I've heard before. I'm not sure what the differences are, as I'm not good at discerning things like bass, etc. It almost sounds speeded up, but whatever it is, I like it a lot! Glad to hear it made it on the soundtrack.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Marvel movies turn pop music into kitsch.

The DC movies turn pop music into emotional expressivity.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a trailer editor and we sometimes beef up songs. We'll add drums, sound effects etc... It's NOT another version though it's possible it was sped up slightly.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:37 PM

so cool! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This ought to be fun. I liked the first one. And a good song never hurts a movie like this.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Awesome Mix Vol. 2 tracklist has been revealed: Fleetwood Mac, ELO and… David Hasselhoff?

http://hhhhappy.com/the-awesome-mix-...id-hasselhoff/

Of the many bits of genius in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the use of music is one of the most commendable. The director not only put together an incredible mix of 70s and 80s staples, but he wove the soundtrack into the actual story in a way that fit the characters and markedly enhanced the film.
With Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opening in just a few short weeks (May 5th), it looks like Gunn has done it again with the revelation of the tracklisting for the aptly titled Awesome Mix Vol. 2.

The sequel to one of the best selling vinyl records of recent times is here: presenting the tracklist to Awesome Mix Vol. 2.

There’s plenty for music aficionados to love here, from Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra to Flash Light by Parliment. Even the most casual music fan can appreciate the inclusion of tracks like The Chain by Fleetwood Mac (apparently, the band had to watch the scene the song is used in before giving approval) and Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass.
There are also some deeper cuts, such as Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang by Silver and Jay and the Americans’ Come a Little Bit Closer.
The final track on the album is one Gunn wrote alongside composer Tyler Bates to be the “Guardians take on Meco’s disco Star Wars theme.” It’s a comedic number that features vocals by one of Peter Quill’s (Chris Pratt) childhood heroes, the great David Hasselhoff.

I wonder who had to give the approval...Lindsey and his kids?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder who watched the scene in the movie that gave permission for them to use the song? We know all 5 didn't sit down to watch the scene together and then discuss it. I can't see John caring at all; nor Christine, for that matter. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, maybe.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Entertainment Weekly April 28/May 5 edition: describing a scene from Guardians of the Galaxy 2- "The emotionally turbulent vibe is reinforced by the screen's soundtrack: Fleetwood Mac's rock classic about tortured love, The Chain."
Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love how this was used in the trailer. Pretty cool.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I wonder who watched the scene in the movie that gave permission for them to use the song? We know all 5 didn't sit down to watch the scene together and then discuss it. I can't see John caring at all; nor Christine, for that matter. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, maybe.
I wonder if Lindsey watches The Americans. It had The Chain and Tusk. I hope he watches.

Michele
Old 05-01-2017, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the movie saturday and The Chain is featured in 2 different scenes, with one scene being very important. Like the first movie there's a lot of musicin this one but The Chain is the only song they used twice, and it was so cool! It sounded like the original album version but a slightly different mix maybe? It sounded to me like the both the beat and the background vocals were more prominent. I sat through the whole end credits (because there are several post-credit scenes). The song is credited to Lindsey, Christine and John but also "Stephanie Nicks" and "Michael Fleetwood", that seemed curious to me, was The Chain ever credited with their full names like that?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder if Lindsey watches The Americans. It had The Chain and Tusk. I hope he watches.

Michele
I find the show disgusting. But the lead actor was clearly cast because of his likeness to Lindsey (OR it was that likeness that inspired the use of Tusk in episode 1).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I find the show disgusting. But the lead actor was clearly cast because of his likeness to Lindsey (OR it was that likeness that inspired the use of Tusk in episode 1).
Really?? I love this show. Matthew Rhys is fantastic in it. I don't think the casting had anything to do with Lindsey or FMac.

It shows a different viewpoint about the cold war.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw the movie this evening, loved it when they used The Chain - perfect music for the scenes.

I noticed they credited it to "Lindsay Buckingham, Michael Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie and Stephanie Nicks" - so odd that they used Stevie and Mick's full names but spelled Lindsey's wrong as well