The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Buckingham Mcvie outsell 24KG in week 1? (33,000 copies)
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
#15 based on one day of pre-orders. Is that a good sign?

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-..._dp_ts_music_1
Not bad.. it was 91 early in the day.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I know charts and sales are something that interests you, but honestly? Who cares!

Also, pitting different members of FM against each other is something we had so many uproars against on this board recently, and this poll does exactly that, so it's really unhealthy imho, even if you didn' mean it that way.
Thank you Elle!!
Yes, can't we all just be happy about these new projects? Using exciting news to bash other FM band members is non-productive, not to mention immature.
Enough already.

Jamie
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I did not even take it that way. I don't think that everything people post here is about the asumed rivalry between Stevie and Mckingham/McVie supporters. A this time, I'm purely team B/McV, but when Stevie is about to release a new album, I will be as enthusiastic as I am now.

So let's just have some fun here, it's not often that we can get exited about a new album from anyone in the FM universe.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^I did not even take it that way. I don't think that everything people post here is about the asumed rivalry between Stevie and Mckingham/McVie supporters. A this time, I'm purely team B/McV, but when Stevie is about to release a new album, I will be as enthusiastic as I am now.

So let's just have some fun here, it's not often that we can get exited about a new album from anyone in the FM universe.
Exactly. It's well known and agreed by all that Stevie is the one with the self-sufficient solo career. So... it IS intriguing to find out what will happen when Lindsey and Christine join forces in terms of consumer response (different from popular response, btw).

Plus if they do do surprisingly well... there may be more Buckingham McVie in the future!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:18 AM

I don't mind fun. But, I have to give Jamie and Elle some credit here.

We all know of the bitterness that spouts from Stevie not being involved. (On either side)

If we can have fun with it, I'm all for it. The problem is people leave the board and get extremely upset.

So, let's keep it fun and w/ humor.

If the 10 buckvie fans buy 100 albums each, of course it will outsell Stevie!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems to be doing well with the pre-orders.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First off, everyone here is curious as to how much the album will sell, and for a variety of reasons. For example, and the obvious one is, if the album sells well, that increases the chance Christine and Lindsey might record another album together, with John and Mick (but remember, it will NOT be a Fleetwood Mac album, it's just an album recorded by 4 members of the 5 member band).

This thread is clearly meant to be fun, there's no shade here. It's still early, but my instinct tells me the album will sell less than 24 Karat the first week, but will sell more in the weeks that follow. Having said that, it doesn't matter what it sells OR how sales compare to Stevie, and the quality of the album is separate from how well it sells. This thread is just a fun barometer to see what we're thinking. If you feel that sales of the album is too sensitive a topic, don't answer the poll and skip this thread.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
First off, everyone here is curious as to how much the album will sell, and for a variety of reasons. For example, and the obvious one is, if the album sells well, that increases the chance Christine and Lindsey might record another album together, with John and Mick (but remember, it will NOT be a Fleetwood Mac album, it's just an album recorded by 4 members of the 5 member band).

This thread is clearly meant to be fun, there's no shade here. It's still early, but my instinct tells me the album will sell less than 24 Karat the first week, but will sell more in the weeks that follow. Having said that, it doesn't matter what it sells OR how sales compare to Stevie, and the quality of the album is separate from how well it sells. This thread is just a fun barometer to see what we're thinking. If you feel that sales of the album is too sensitive a topic, don't answer the poll and skip this thread.

Thank you, Sir.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Yes, thank you. I just like the topic of sales and created this poll for a bit of fun. There was no malice intended.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:20 PM

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
It seems to be doing well with the pre-orders.
It surprisingly does see to be doing well. I didn't think this would sell at all. I have selfish reasons for wanting to be the sole person in the theater. lol
Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
s

It surprisingly does see to be doing well. I didn't think this would sell at all. I have selfish reasons for wanting to be the sole person in the theater. lol
haha i hear you!

and, i really hate they are mostly doing amphitheaters and not intimate theaters. i was hoping for much more intimate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Being optimistic, and voted yes. I'm also going to say it will be better. So there.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As far as first week sales? I don't see it toppling 24k. However, if the music critics give it a rousing welcome, I could see a slow burn effect where it might eventually outpace the total sales of 24k. Especially considering that this whole Buckingham McVie thing is viewed as an experiment- something entirely new. Whereas 24k had the unfortunate qualifier, songs from the vault, tacked on to the end of its title- which elicited all sorts of negative connotations. Mainly, that these were unrelated reject songs thrown together to fulfill a recording contract. Combine that with the underdog aspect of Buckingham Nicks, and we might be in for a long-haul surprise.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
As far as first week sales? I don't see it toppling 24k. However, if the music critics give it a rousing welcome, I could see a slow burn effect where it might eventually outpace the total sales of 24k. Especially considering that this whole Buckingham McVie thing is viewed as an experiment- something entirely new. Whereas 24k had the unfortunate qualifier, songs from the vault, tacked on to the end of its title- which elicited all sorts of negative connotations. Mainly, that these were unrelated reject songs thrown together to fulfill a recording contract. Combine that with the underdog aspect of Buckingham Nicks, and we might be in for a long-haul surprise.
I think it might but that's not the most important thing to me. However, remember that there's a lot of folk who like older FM but not Stevie. I believe this album is going to do good things but I'm realistic and it's really only about how I personally feel about it...the rest is hoo ha
Old 04-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I pre-ordered my copy today. Lets get it to #1!!!