User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I do, however, take issue with the band for carrying on without Lindsey. After 1997, the band had no business excluding any Rumours member willing and able to participate.
This a million times over. Very well said and completely agree. It doesn't matter whether you side with Lindsey or Stevie, the entire band's legacy is now tainted and that's how it'll end. It's sad. Just plain sad.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don’t get me wrong, I love Stevie’s music. I just really dislike her as a person now. The thing that bothers me the most is that Christine finally came back. The band could complete their career all together, but nope, Stevie messed that all up. Again, I would be so pissed if I was Christine. I also can’t believe Mick allowed this to happen.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick wasn't about to let other considerations come between him and 12 million dollars.

No matter what any of us may think we'd do in such a circumstance, until you've left that kind of money on the table it's hubristic to say for sure.

Christine, however, had already left that kind of money on the table, multiple times over. After Buckingham McVie, I am surprised she agreed to go on without Lindsey.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-30-2018 at 08:29 PM..
Old 11-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Mick wasn't about to let other considerations come between him and 12 million dollars.

No matter what any of us may think we'd do in such a circumstance, until you've left that kind of money on the table it's hubristic to say for sure.

Christine, however, had already left that kind of money on the table, multiple times over. After Buckingham McVie, I am surprised she agreed to go on without Lindsey.
He's not getting that now---at least from the US leg.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There will be a Blu-Ray or DVD (maybe even an album), and perhaps yet another tour. It may end up amounting to over $12 million.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
the entire band's legacy is now tainted and that's how it'll end
It's no coincidence that Lindsey is ending his shows with the song "Treason."
Old 11-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
The thing that bothers me the most is that Christine finally came back.
To be viable the band needs at least two Rumors vocalists. So without Christine back, they couldn't have fired Lindsey without dissolving the band altogether.

I suspect the thought of forcing Lindsey out at least crossed Stevie's mind in 2014 when Christine returned. It may have been something she was planning to do for quite a while.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-01-2018 at 12:56 AM..
Old 12-01-2018, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No matter what happens now, Stevie looks bad. She looks petty. The band has ended on a bad note because of her.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can listen and love their music without loving them..and that’s how it is.
I used to love both Lindsey and Stevie when I was young, especially Lindsey..
But I don’t love anyone of them these days.
But the one I actually dislike is Mick...
He is the greedy bastard that gives free reign to Stevie.
He should have told her no Lindsey, no band.
They’re all guilty in this crap....everyone of them.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I haven’t been active on The Ledge for a while, but I need to vent about this.
I cannot believe Stevie would break up the band, especially now. It’s nearing the end for them and Christine finally came back, no one thought that would ever happen. I mean really Stevie!? It’s like she’s giving all the devoted fans the middle finger. What a selfies b****. According to Lindsey, he did everything he could to try to make things work but Stevie wasn’t having it. I would be so pissed if I was Christine. I would have threatened to quit if I was her. I’m sure she came back with the intention of the classic lineup going out together.
I’ve disliked her for quite awhile. I find her to be unloyal which is a trait I find disgusting. My opinion of course. I don’t deny she’s a talented poet (her lyrics) and performer but she refuses to give Lindsey the credit for giving her a career. We all know the story and know Lindsey basically constructed her songs. She’s a rather rudimentary musician who requires someone to arrange her prose into an actual song. As a singer, she’s lost her range. Now what FM did to Lindsey is not all her fault. The rest of the band had a choice in the matter. But still in. I way does she deserve to be in the Rock Hall as a solo artist. It’s almost laughable. Again this is my opinion.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
As a die hard Stevie Nicks fan I am very upset. But what really bothers me most is that so many fans keep giving her a pass for allot of things and have excuses for everything but when it comes to Lindsey whatever happened in the past is not excusable and he deserves everything he got.

In my opinion no one in this band is a saint they ALL did things that are totally unacceptable. But the thing is they rose above it all and moved forward.

The way things ended this past year is completely wrong. I agree 100 percent that SN is the draw and having her in the band ensures they could still play the arenas. But in my opinion if she wasn't on board for a new CD then quit and let them make music vs yet another tour. How can anyone excuse another GH tour? Yes they pulled out some very rare songs but it doesn't excuse another tour without any new material. I understand that albums don't sell but at the same time resting on your past achievements is stupid because it looks like you have nothing left to say or give to the fans.

I also don't believe her excuses for not wanting to make new music. I think in reality she is dried up creatively. When was the last time she released a song that she wrote entirely on her own that wasn't a demo from x amount of years ago? Lindsey on the other hand is still very much creative and some of his solo work from 2006 onward is really good. So his music doesn't reach millions. There are lots of artists (Patty Griffin for one) who are critically acclaimed but don't sell millions of albums or headline major arenas etc. If we judged all artists by their ability to sell millions of albums or what sized venues they played on tour what would that prove. Good music is good music no matter what.

The other thing that really bugs me is the numerous comments on Facebook from people who went to a FM show and praise SN for performing so well given what she is going through. It is like they think she is performing under duress. She didn't get fired so why do people assume she is the one going through hard times or whatever?

If Lindsey really and truly did something bad then they should have come out then and said so when he was fired vs making up lies about a tour delay.
Very well said. I agree whole heartedly.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While loving her music for a huge part of my life, she wasn't what initially got me into Fleetwood Mac (that would've been Christine with Little Lies at the ripe old age of 6 and then Christine again with that banjo version of Say You Love Me, along with my parent's obsession with The Dance concert on TV when I was 16). The deeper I got into the band, the more I discovered all of the amazing songs and performances that Stevie put on (and Lindsey too of course). However, I've always thought she was simply an obnoxious person. Going back to The Dance era, I think during Behind the Music she compares being in Fleetwood Mac to being in the Army. Even as a stupid teenage boy who didn't know squat, I just felt that was such an overdramatic and eye rolling comment to make.

The Destiny Rules documentary did the woman no favors in my view - but once the Say You Will tour was long over and she went on to bash Lindsey for the album and tour, I really lost any respect I had for her. As she keeps getting older, she honestly just comes across to me as a bigger and bigger narciscistic jerk. She hates Lindsey, hates being in Fleetwood Mac, until she needs a huge fat paycheck. Face it, without The Dance and the insane popularity generated during that time, none of them would have made the money they did over the last 21 years. I was always able to look past their personal crap and enjoy the music which I did and still do love - but what went down since Christine came back, starting with Stevie's refusal to record ANYTHING with the band that gave her everything, has soured me for good on her.

She has become a bitter old woman who like most narcissists, finds a way to make every single event in some way about them. She's always being wronged by some big bad bully (be it Mick, Lindsey, producers, lovers, you name it). She's over-the-top dramatic all the time. She latches on to whatever or whomever is "cool" at the moment in some desperate attempt to remain relevant.

And while I love the music, it has impacted my enjoyment. I've found myself skipping over songs or turning stations when she comes on. It's stupid - Lindsey not being in Fleetwood Mac has done nothing for me except save me a couple hundo on show tickets - but for whatever reason, this year has been the absolute final straw. I know a lot of people here are hoping that this all leads to a huge "Dance Pt 2" reunion with Lindsey. I don't want that nor will I bother with it if it happened (I doubt it...not enough time left in the game for the wounds to heal and make it something interesting - they did that once already in 1997).
Old 12-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven’t been active on The Ledge for a while, but I need to vent about this.
I cannot believe Stevie would break up the band, especially now. It’s nearing the end for them and Christine finally came back, no one thought that would ever happen. I mean really Stevie!? It’s like she’s giving all the devoted fans the middle finger. What a selfies b****. According to Lindsey, he did everything he could to try to make things work but Stevie wasn’t having it. I would be so pissed if I was Christine. I would have threatened to quit if I was her. I’m sure she came back with the intention of the classic lineup going out together.

Really????? You felt the need to start this thread? Considering you typed up this topic, you must have eyes.

And let me clarify this annoyed response is not a cry against “negativity.” I’m all for this forum being a place to vent about what’s gone down the past year. People have plenty of just reasons to be upset.

But the concept that someone felt the need to make this thread to me just had to be called out. I feel like some people on this board crave attention way too much, which ironically is the very root of what drives Stevie these days. Some Stevie haters have so much in common with the woman herself.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I have no trouble at all listening to Stevie's music (unless I happen to hate the song). All the less savory aspects of her actions have no influence on my need to hear the songs in the car, at the gym, at work, wherever.

What has changed for me — and it's due more to her tiresomeness than to her ego — is that I don't want to listen to her talk anymore. I used to love hearing her talk. In the old days, I listened over and over to every radio interview she gave. My favorites were the Jim Ladd Innerviews from 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, and 1986. I loved the way she talked and the things she said—how she framed her story. (For example, listen to her take on the love that the members had for one another and how that affected their performances in the 1979 Innerview, or the stories she told Mark and Brian or Mary Turner in 1994 about her professional fears.)

But for several years now, she just rankles me. What used to be always charming is now sometimes charmless. Occasionally, she still pulls out the old carefree, funny Stevie ("I like painting. . . right, houses"). But most of the time she comes across as long-winded, preachy, and shrill. (Did you watch her Australian 20/20 with Chrissie Hynde?) She used to be trite and cute. Now she's often trite and embarrassing—the Sylvia Browne of rock. She too often sounds bitter or cranky about something or other when she tells a story. What's her problem with life, anyway? That she's getting older and no longer looks like her 29-year-old self? Am I insensitive not to feel sorry for her on that count? Would she have preferred the alternative?
The part I highlighted is actually the core of my attitude towards her, but from a fans perspective. I’ll take all of her flaws over the alternative and I’m very greatful for that. Especially when her flaws create excellent outcomes for many fans, at least the ones that matter, not the “jukebox and beer” we would not have the inclredinle Out of the Cradle 2 tour that we currently have without her selfishness.

I honestly like Stevie more after the past year. What balls she has. She’s developing the Neil Young approach of “fu** what my fans want, I care what I want” the only tragedy is she didn’t make this transition in attitude much earlier.

And that is a very well known fact amongst Neil Young fans, he’ll say it himself in a much nicer way obviously. And yes I know it would be better if she adapted his attitude towards making tons of new music this millennium but I’ll Take what I can.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And that is a very well known fact amongst Neil Young fans, he’ll say it himself in a much nicer way obviously. And yes I know it would be better if she adapted his attitude towards making tons of new music this millennium but I’ll Take what I can.
There's a big difference here: Neil often treated Buffalo Springfield and CSN badly (reneging on commitments and so forth), but he never pulled a power play to get a bandmate fired (leaving aside backing musicians like Dallas Taylor).

When he had a problem with Crosby because Crosby was a junkie, rather than lobby for Crosby's firing (which would have been more than justified), he left CSNY himself – exiting with that biting line in the song "Thrasher": "they were just dead weight to me" (which he later said came out harsher than he had intended but was too good to change*)

He also never gave bad publicity to his ex-bandmates. He took the heat for being the bad actor.

*I wonder whether the same holds with Lindsey and "shacking up is all you want to do" from "Go Your Own Way."

Last edited by cbBen; 12-01-2018 at 10:36 PM..