One thing that all of us can agree on here at the Ledge
is that we all love Rusty.

Now Alec is a different story.
Well, can you blame us?
Compared to Alec, Rusty is totally on a different level:

Old 11-14-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
"When I wrote Landslide in 1974, I was writing about all the important events in American culture that would, periodically, over the next few decades, renew public interest in me as an icon. The song is about me. It's about my timelessness."
When I wrote Landslide, I knew that I would get to bring up 100 different reasons that relate to important events in this country to compare them to.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
"Because I knew when I wrote Landslide, that a women would be running for president. Just like I knew that Prince would be my best friend." That's why I write songs, because I know they help these people in every way."

That's how she actually reads to me, sometimes.. lol
And people don't understand why I can't stand her.

Because this is how she has always come across to me!
Old 11-14-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And people don't understand why I can't stand her.

Because this is how she has always come across to me!
She wasn't always like that. I used to love listening to her on Jim Ladd during the Wild Heart days. She was kind of fun and not so pretentious.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She wasn't always like that. I used to love listening to her on Jim Ladd during the Wild Heart days. She was kind of fun and not so pretentious.
Yeah--her Hamburger Helper comment in a 1983 MTV interview had me in stiches. And John McVie once said has the dirtiest laugh of any woman he knows.

Christine once said Stevie has a terrific sense of humor but that she has created a fantasy world for herself. That was back in 1984.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah--her Hamburger Helper comment in a 1983 MTV interview had me in stiches. And John McVie once said has the dirtiest laugh of any woman he knows.

Christine once said Stevie has a terrific sense of humor but that she has created a fantasy world for herself. That was back in 1984.
Christine would call Stevie's posse the silly sisters. It's when she had her little posse follow her around that she became Stevie phase II and III and IV.

When you're surrounded by people always doing things for you, you start to see the world as though you're their God and Savior. It's actually quite natural and I see it with celebs and their assistants out here in BHills all the time. Add drugs and you really get a big Godlike affect.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that she didn't used to be like that. But WH was 33 years ago!

She's a delusional egomaniac now. I can only "grade" the current, not the former!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine would call Stevie's posse the silly sisters. It's when she had her little posse follow her around that she became Stevie phase II and III and IV.

When you're surrounded by people always doing things for you, you start to see the world as though you're their God and Savior. It's actually quite natural and I see it with celebs and their assistants out here in BHills all the time. Add drugs and you really get a big Godlike affect.

I've always thought this as well. I remember that Christine interview, it made me sad. She said how in the early days Stevie had her feet on the ground but not anymore.
It reminds me of something that was on Richard Dashut's blog. He got asked how Stevie and Lindsey changed over the time he knew them and he said that Lindsey was always pretty serious and intense, it just got moreso and made him less fun. But he said Stevie changed the most, with her status she had her entourage all the time and she became a lot less accessible. Reminds me also of Ken Caillait's book where he kept talking about how sweet and normal she was 'BACK THEN'.
Robin dying and the drugs probably made it worse.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I've always thought this as well. I remember that Christine interview, it made me sad. She said how in the early days Stevie had her feet on the ground but not anymore.
It reminds me of something that was on Richard Dashut's blog. He got asked how Stevie and Lindsey changed over the time he knew them and he said that Lindsey was always pretty serious and intense, it just got moreso and made him less fun. But he said Stevie changed the most, with her status she had her entourage all the time and she became a lot less accessible. Reminds me also of Ken Caillait's book where he kept talking about how sweet and normal she was 'BACK THEN'.
Robin dying and the drugs probably made it worse.
Fixed that for you: Fame made it worse.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Fixed that for you: Fame made it worse.
Yeah and I think fame probably affected all of them. But it was only really Stevie who really got lost in la la land for a while and I think that was partly because of her huge star status, coupled with drugs, her 'entourage' were all probably enablers and she didn't really have anyone to drag her out of her fairy world.

This sounds like I'm insulting her which I'm not I do love her, but this is just what I've always thought. I feel like that's why so few of her post-Lindsey boyfriends took her seriously, from Mick to Don to Joe, I don't think any of them looked at her as legitimate relationship material because she'd gotten kind of unrealistic. Even Tom Petty thought she was kind of ridiculous at first.

Or I could just be speculating who knows.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, as someone who studies astrology pretty thoroughly, this is my verdict:

Stevie, the Gemini (an air sign) needs/needed someone to ground her (an earth sign)... That person in the beginning was Robin, the Virgo (an earth sign).

The two people closest to her are/were Sharon (a Cancer) and Lori (a Scorpio), both water signs. Air and water signs are compatible, but create unstable energy as the interaction between the two creates storm-like conditions.

And in Fleetwood Mac..
Mick - Cancer (Water)
Christine - Cancer (Water)
Lindsey - Libra (Air)
John - Sagittarius (Fire)

Again -- zero grounding energy. This also explains just how ridiculous this band can get.. There is nobody grounded enough to hold it together properly.

More miscellaneous friends/lovers.. See a trend here?
Tom Petty - Libra (Air)
Jimmy Iovine - Aries (Fire)
Don Henley - Cancer (Water)
Joe Walsh - Scorpio (Fire)
Sheryl Crow - Aquarius (Air)

The only earth signs I can find/remember that are close to Stevie:
Dave Stewart - Virgo
Rupert Hine - Virgo
Mary Torrey-Devitto - Taurus

SO - All in all, this is why I believe Stevie has gone batty through her advanced stages in life.. She has almost no grounding energy...
Old 11-14-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

Stevie, the Gemini (an air sign) needs/needed someone to ground her (an earth sign)... That person in the beginning was Robin, the Virgo (an earth sign).

The two people closest to her are/were Sharon (a Cancer) and Lori (a Scorpio), both water signs. Air and water signs are compatible, but create unstable energy as the interaction between the two creates storm-like conditions.

And in Fleetwood Mac..
Mick - Cancer (Water)
Lindsey - Libra (Air)

Again -- zero grounding energy. This also explains just how ridiculous this band can get.. There is nobody grounded enough to hold it together properly.

Tom Petty - Libra (Air)

Dave Stewart - Virgo
Rupert Hine - Virgo

SO - All in all, this is why I believe Stevie has gone batty through her advanced stages in life.. She has almost no grounding energy...
Isn't Scorpio a water sign?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Moses, smell the roses!
Old 11-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

And in Fleetwood Mac..
Mick - Cancer (Water)
Lindsey - Libra (Air)

Tom Petty - Libra (Air)

Dave Stewart - Virgo
Rupert Hine - Virgo

Hmmmm this is interesting. Astrology fascinates me.

But I don't think someone like Robin grounded Stevie. I think Robin was like any of her friends, she just went along with her. I think someone like Lindsey might have been more like that since he was so different from her or someone like Christine who is more 'earth mother'. But Robin I feel was a best friend but not necessarily a grounding force per say. I don't think Robin was pulling her head out of the clouds when she got kinda crazy rockstar.

Also Dave S is so far from grounding tbh that's why the IYD doc drove me nuts is how she clearly seemed to like him so much because he went along with everyyyyything instead of maybe trying to push her every now and then.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-14-2016 at 07:09 PM..