The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Primary preference - BN, FM, or solo artist(s)?
Fleetwood Mac 52 54.74%
Buckingham Nicks 14 14.74%
solo artist (doesn't matter whether LB, SN, or CM) 29 30.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'd be happy with just about anything, really.

However, my top 2 choices would be BN and then FM. Love Stevie and Lindsey both solo obviously, but with the caliber of their recent releases, I'm ESPECIALLY interested to see what they may be able to do together.
This.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

#1. Release original Buckingham Nicks album with additional tracks like 'Watchdevil' and 'Without You'.

#2. Release new Buckingham Nicks EP with 6 songs.

#3. Final Fleetwood Mac album to follow.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
Final Fleetwood Mac album to follow.
As I stated earlier, there is no reason this has to be FM's final farewell album. What if the members all live to be 150? Will you be satisfied if their last album came out in 2013 and they spend the rest of their career's performing the greatest hits in concert? No, you won't. You'll be begging for a new album from them like we all will in 2018, 2023, 2028 and so on.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my preference for new material: FM > BN > solo

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
As I stated earlier, there is no reason this has to be FM's final farewell album. What if the members all live to be 150? Will you be satisfied if their last album came out in 2013 and they spend the rest of their career's performing the greatest hits in concert? No, you won't. You'll be begging for a new album from them like we all will in 2018, 2023, 2028 and so on.
I hope to God they won't be trying to perform in their '80's...
Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I hope to God they won't be trying to perform in their '80's...
Oh yeah. The "Wish You Were Here...To Remind Me Of My Grandkid's Names" tour. Riveting. I wonder if Mick could get a good beat out of a zimmer.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Oh yeah. The "Wish You Were Here...To Remind Me Of My Grandkid's Names" tour. Riveting. I wonder if Mick could get a good beat out of a zimmer.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You'll be begging for a new album from them like we all will in 2018, 2023, 2028 and so on.
Not me. I wish they would retire Fleetwood Mac.
They've already waited too long to do it the right
way.

Now a new Buckingham Nicks album and tour would
be of interest to me if Stevie can still sing.

Other than that, I'll be glad to have a few more
Buckingham solo discs.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Drat. I can't vote for anything without giving the impression that I want Lindsey Buckingham to make more music.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I stated earlier, there is no reason this has to be FM's final farewell album. What if the members all live to be 150? Will you be satisfied if their last album came out in 2013 and they spend the rest of their career's performing the greatest hits in concert? No, you won't.You 'll be begging for a new album from them like we all will in 2018, 2023, 2028 and so on.
l
I won't Either. I thought SYW was terrible. No Chris, no dice. I don't see her coming back. So I don't have a problem with them hanging it up. I've said that before, but it's true.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
l
I won't Either. I thought SYW was terrible. No Chris, no dice. I don't see her coming back. So I don't have a problem with them hanging it up. I've said that before, but it's true.

Mick
Me too. No Chris, no dice. SYW was awful. As much as Stevie has an army of crazed fans, Christine was what provided the BALANCE to FM. She's what made it all work.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. No Chris, no dice. SYW was awful. As much as Stevie has an army of crazed fans, Christine was what provided the BALANCE to FM. She's what made it all work.
Well, unfortunately Christine was unable to make Time "work," which is infinite orders of magnitude worse than the worst cut on SYW. But that's not a slam against Chris- saving Time would have been like trying to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg. Even a great talent like Christine could not counterbalance the outright tonnage of mediocrity from the other singer/songwriters on that effort.

Yes, I would love nothing more than to see Christine back in the fold. But SYW, although was not as good as Tusk or Rumours, definitely has its moments. Personally, I think it would have been among the best FM albums ever if Lindsey would have contributed those other Gift of Screws tracks instead of the tracks that ended up on SYW. And Stevie should have offered another vault song for Lindsey to butcher, er, produce rather than "Smile at You." Unfortunately his tasteless handling of that song is what almost ruins an otherwise decent set of songs.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, unfortunately Christine was unable to make Time "work," which is infinite orders of magnitude worse than the worst cut on SYW. But that's not a slam against Chris- saving Time would have been like trying to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg. Even a great talent like Christine could not counterbalance the outright tonnage of mediocrity from the other singer/songwriters on that effort.

Yes, I would love nothing more than to see Christine back in the fold. But SYW, although was not as good as Tusk or Rumours, definitely has its moments. Personally, I think it would have been among the best FM albums ever if Lindsey would have contributed those other Gift of Screws tracks instead of the tracks that ended up on SYW. And Stevie should have offered another vault song for Lindsey to butcher, er, produce rather than "Smile at You." Unfortunately his tasteless handling of that song is what almost ruins an otherwise decent set of songs.
Was She even THERE most of the......er.....time? I mean I know she recorded some vocals and her songs....but....and maybe i'm remembering
this wrong. I seem to remember her not even being at the sessions most of the time. could be wrong though. I'm talking about Time, BTW. Oh maybe that was just the tour. Eh...who knows. It WAS awful.

Mick

-Tom Waits

Last edited by bluefox4000; 06-05-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't think SYW quite qualifies as a terrible album .It would have been much better had Christine been involved as a full member and chipped in her best songs that ended up on ITM .It could have also used some editing.I 'd rank it above Time and BTM for sure and also earlier ones like Penguin..another one which some very good Christine songs could not quite salvage.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think SYW is a great album as it is.